Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

43 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

When do we actually expect the lead single? I'd say mid-late September in around 3 weeks :um2:

She releases on random days so we don't even need to pay attention to Fridays :thumb2:

Late September/early October for single one, and then the second single in December with album preorder

"Don’t forget me"

1 hour ago, Embach said:

Where's Boom Like That :read:

12, it's gonna be a zeroth single like HM title track and LMLYLAW. Streets are saying it was rework into a beautiful country ballad that sounds like yeehaw Fine China. It features piano, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, pedal guitar, harps, bass, orchestra and beautiful harmonies in the chorus (I heard the last one actually has a choir like OB title track). It's very cunt.

Okay guys, so what if Lana reworked and extended 'Roses Bloom For You' and she's gonna release it on Lasso and that's why she soundchecked this song at Rock en Seine (August 21, 2024)- 'cause she wanted to "tease" it. I might just be delusional but that would make sense to me tbh :raven: That song really fits to Lasso (it has similar vibe to that snippet of Henry)

Furthermore- RBFY is one of 4 songs that were "left on a cutting room floor" and she said she might include these songs somewhere (TNBAR and Yosemite were also these scrapped ones but later were released) sooo maybe something is up with this song.

I keep trying to convince myself that OB's brilliance will be enough to carry me through the wait for Lasso, but the more I listen and revisit Lana's discography, the more impatient I grow :ohno: I schooled myself on whatever the hell 'American Songbook styled' might mean and I do gather that she has already applied a lot of those elements throughout her music, especially Honeymoon, which I think also has a dreamy, gothic-influence to it and that's why she referenced it in the Vogue interview. 

...and I'm happy for this day

No matter what you say

I don't have to be sad like you

So that Placid user clearly was a troll but I tried to look up sth that may could help figure out if Jinn was reliable or not. They said Lana had a dispute with a producer this summer which led to songs being scrapped. Well highly doubt it was Jack and Lana, Lana and Luke Laird still follow each other on Instagram and the Henry snippet is still there. We know that Josh Dorr was involved with writing Tough and is credited as a writer for In God's Time. But a) Tough obviously got released and b) we don't know if he was even a producer and C) he follows Lana but she doesn't follow him but I don't know if she ever followed him in the first place. So far we don't know if there any other producers. Long story short there is no evidence for Jinns credibility and only time will tell:true:

Good night Lanaboardians:noir:

Spoiler

I was just bored before going to bed, tomorrow evening I should start reading a book or sth  :charli:

j9Fpjea9OY.webp

"Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon."

Honestly I trust in Jinn for now but I guess we will see when the album gets released!

On a note abt the album tho... I rlly hope Lana comes forward soon and gives us a realistic time on when to expect the album

I'm not gonna moan but her unprofessionalism when releasing albums can sometimes be slightly annoying but it is what it is I'm used to it LMAO. I'm just hoping she makes an official announcement (like cover and release date etc...) soon because I did get my hopes up for this year so I hope she gives us a timeframe for next year!

2 hours ago, Lustformoney said:

I made a moodboard for Lasso and the vinyl needs to be swampy lilac:clapback:

V2yRVgR.jpeg

At The Gates - At War With Reality - Lilac Vinyl - 12 inch12 inch ...

omg this is beautiful!

616fd6f9f97232f6e74da18866f3cc83.gif

𝕴 𝖆𝖒 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖜𝖔𝖗𝖑𝖉 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖍𝖎𝖉𝖊𝖘 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖚𝖓𝖎𝖛𝖊𝖗𝖘𝖆𝖑 𝖘𝖊𝖈𝖗𝖊𝖙 𝖔𝖋 𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖙𝖎𝖒𝖊

7 hours ago, Liz Taylor Blues said:

Okay I was visited by the Ghost of Lana Future in a Dream and she told me this about LASSO:

It is an acronymn tho I am sworn not to spoil it. Its very demure and coquette.

One of the songs is parochial trap jazz.

Many illusions to drugs and sex.

More swamp than desert. This is a change from the earliest versions of this album.

UMG was not fond of this record to say the least. Hence why its been in works for so long.

It has shifted a lot since starting. In 75 percent of timelines this is its final form. I've heard the other timelines. Big Swings meaning big hits and big misses.

You'll either LOVE it or HATE it. Top or bottom of ranking for sure.

She did write a gay cowboy ballad but its unclear as of now if it will be on the album. Think Yosemite and Life Is Beautiful meets Wait For Life and Cherry. I know that is confusing but believe me when it leaks or is released you will know what I mean.

Lana will be doing a huge career shift after this album- thats why everything is in such flux. You will all be shocked.

The guests may surprise you.

This is not her Nikki collab album. thats its own thing. That isn't to say she'll be missing from this era: she will be involved in one way or another.

Theres a song that will absolutely spark controversy like the old days. Personally I'm here for it but some of the newer girlies may jump ship and go stan some pop star whose much safer......

ALLIGATOR MUSIC VIDEO>>>>> DID YOU EVER DOUBT?

Back in 2020-2022 this calliber of bait would get atleast 20 likes. Sad!!

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg