Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

Assuming she doesn’t go full out country (I bet it’s more of a hybrid genre album, that mixes in ballads, Americana, folk and maybe even a few covers), this really isn’t a huge shift for her. 

Creatively, it allows her to focus in. Ocean Blvd was all over the place, not in a bad way, but here are can channel her voice into a more specific direction.

When I think of recent records like Chemtrails and Banisters, she was starting to go in this direction. Several of those songs had a folksy, bluesy feel. Ocean Blvd didn’t necessarily expand upon that much, but some of the tracks had folksy moments. 

Basically, if she goes “country,” but with songs that feel like White Dress, Violets for Roses or Paris, Texas, I can totally live with that. I find a hard time believing she’s going to take a hardcore turn into some deep country $hit. 

C9-EB944-D-53-AE-42-A7-A3-CE-EF6-DA48879

I can't believe I woke up to this news. Such a random way to announce a new album, very Lana of her lol 

I was raised on classic country as a kid. Even though I don't listen to it regularly, artists like Orville Peck have brought me back to that classic country sound. I feel like my life has gone full circle now. I'm totally ready for this era 🙌🏻

Editorial note: I'm heading to Nashville for a week this month (Feb). This announcement couldn't have better timing. Guess I'm buying a cowboy hat when I'm in Nashville 🤠 Love the album title too!

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

Very excited for the music and I think it could be good, but i dont' really like the title at first, her titles so far have been so camp and unique and now it's just this one word 

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

1 minute ago, kraljicabenzinske said:

Very excited for the music and I think it could be good, but God I hate the title, her titles so far have been so camp and unique and now it's just this one stupid word and it's not even nice

yes the fact that it’s called lasso is making my skin crawl

pskiQfS.jpeg

Your wife waters flowers, I wanna kill her 

3 minutes ago, kraljicabenzinske said:

Very excited for the music and I think it could be good, but God I hate the title, her titles so far have been so camp and unique and now it's just this one stupid word and it's not even nice

1 minute ago, crazyforyou said:

yes the fact that it’s called lasso is making my skin crawl

QgjpuFq.gif

As long as Lasso is track 1 to continue with her title track thing she has going on and Neil Krug is doing the visuals. I'll be happy.

I've been wanting a country / folk record from her in so long! Manifesting a soundscape of Thunder / Let The Light In / Not All Who Wander Are Lost 

are electric guitars known to be in at least some country music? that's all i ask. that's all i want :blush3:

lana has always been a country girl at heart so i am not surprised

violets in your eyes

Born to Die

Paradise

Ultraviolence

Honeymoon

Lust for Life

Norman Fcking Rockwell!

Chemtrails over the Country Club

Blue Banisters

Did you know that there’s a Tunnel under Ocean Blvd

Lasso

stands out but also weirdly fits in idk i’m trying to stay positive :lange: i just hope the track is not like ‘catch me with your lasso’ but she gives it a different meaning like idk ‘spin it around in me like a lasso’ idk 

lana please serve Cuntry not country flopping up slowly ft nikki throat cancer :bebe: