Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

1 minute ago, White Dress said:

Wait I’m VERY here for this kind of “country” 

I FUCKING LOVEEEE MOJAVE3

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

1 hour ago, Stoned Mary in the Garden said:

Manifesting sirens level folksy country and not like… fully country :bebe:

Agreed !! I was listening to Sirens this morning in hopes of manifesting it <3

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

2 minutes ago, SalvaWHORE said:

I FUCKING LOVEEEE MOJAVE3

SAME, quite literally the sound I’ve been craving from Lana since she debuted. This and a Mazzy Star type of sound would make me MELT. Hopefully she leans into those buttery reverb drenched vocals and steel slide guitar 

1 minute ago, wildflowerwildfire said:

UV girlies (me) are definitely losing

I saw someone in the comment section of an Instagram post regarding Lasso that they want this album to be giving Cruel World country :hide: Cruel World isn’t even folk LMAO

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

The fans that are claiming this is a total deviation from her catalog, they must have an entirely different idea of her than what she actually likes to write. She started out writing country/folk. Sirens is her first full-length project and the ENTIRE thing is country-inspired. I don't know if it's newer fans or just fans who haven't given her unreleased catalog a listen (which is fair) but to claim she's falling off because of this decision is just... simply being uninformed  :eek4:

giphy.gif?cid=790b761167f1bae274183a253d

so that outfit she was getting that was custom made in nashville might not be for the grammys but for the album cover or lead single music video

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

I don't know if this song can be classified as country, it's more kind of western but I'd love to see types of song like this on the new album:

It has western influences but it's so mysterious, melodically and lyrically, which really reminds me of early LDR songs of BTD, UV and HM. Old mysterious storytelling and the "evil" western melodies and guitar twangs. :flutter: I actually discovered that song because of Lana - when in 2020, she described COTCC album as "midwestern grunge", I searched that term in YouTube and as a result I got this song! Been in love with this ever since!

Just now, Candy Necklace said:

I get a feeling this will be another “big” era for her, fresh off a festival tour + country being in, it’s over for everyone else :daydream:

It's giving me the transition from Paradise to Ultraviolence :daydream:

url%5D

My only reservation about this record is the possibility of it not including enough original songs. I have a feeling she will try to fit all the country songs she has wanted to cover all along in it. Other than that, I’m suuuuper excited :yayaya: