Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

28 minutes ago, Raise Me Up said:

stop manifest AKA tracks on Lasso , i don't want AKA songs in other albums than AKA :awkney2:

don't really want them on another album other then their own, but I was wondering bcs she did do that soundcheck singing pretty baaaaaaaabyyyyyyyyy, so idk maybe her lyrics inspired her recently, she does have a habit of writing in little nods to her past work

J7ydenn Lana Del Rey GIF - J7ydenn Lana Del Rey Honeymoon - Discover &  Share GIFs

dreaming away your life

12 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

...NO, we do not need AI collabs featuring a dead person who passed away before she even started making music :awk: it's really disrespectful to the artists when people do things like that, he's not here to have a say in it

dang, that's true. would it be disrespectful if they used like... unreleased vocals that were really done by him? I know they've done it for other deceased artists (2Pac, Aaliyah, Michael Jackson, etc.)

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

there will never be a pre release era where people won't throw around the word witchy :brigitte:

All lipsters have witchy syndrome 

we can’t help it  :xcry:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

20 hours ago, littleredpartydress said:

Right like imagine literally knowing nothing about an album and being like “ya I won’t be listening, thanks :)!”

so weird. Also we know her track record of applying descriptors to her own music so like…

20 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

i'm sorry but i really don't get people saying this, you don't even know what it sounds like yet? all she said was that it would be country, but that could mean a variety of different things and we know she's not necessarily always accurate with her descriptors :shutup:

For me it comes down to me not being interested in the sound she’s been moving towards. I honestly forget that Ocean Blvd is an album because I really didn’t connect with it. :smokeney:

negAbhB.png

8 minutes ago, Deadly Nightshade said:

All lipsters have witchy syndrome 

we can’t help it  :xcry:

we really can't, like

lana: album is country

us: OMG WITCHY JAZZY PSYCHEDELIC COUNTRY MASTERPIECE INCOMING!!!

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

1 hour ago, Raise Me Up said:

stop manifest AKA tracks on Lasso , i don't want AKA songs in other albums than AKA :awkney2:

This right here. AKA is perfection, and it needs to be left alone. We want the whole record released- not some songs put on a different album. Lasso will have its own tracks :true:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

I feel it's too early to anticipate for the next era. I haven't felt this way the since post NFR when she announced Chemtrails. Maybe because Tunnel felt too satisfying and fulfilling as much as NFR and pre NFR albums. Eventually this makes me less excited but I hope she surprise me (at times she does). 

21 minutes ago, Crazy for You said:

what what if “I Got You Babe” ft barrie is going to be on Lasso? :oprah4: it does sound country:hair:

didnt he say it is going to be on his or lana's album? 

I had this exact thought yesterday but couldn’t tell if it quantified as country, I don’t even know what is and isn’t country :toofunny: but I think a Barrie song must be getting released soon for him to randomly pull that one out 

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

I want some outlaw country vibes! Also, I think this album will be so good because the way Lana creates this beautiful imagery and how she describes the setting, the colours in the sky, everything,  will fit very well with the old country music I adore. I trust her vision

J7ydenn Lana Del Rey GIF - J7ydenn Lana Del Rey Honeymoon - Discover &  Share GIFs

dreaming away your life

I just relistened to Hey Blue Baby yesterday, which I hadn’t done in a couple of years… and surprisingly, I don’t know how I feel about it :um2::tsk::bebe:

I still love the line Hey Blue Baby, the chorus is honestly so good and catchy… but the verses kinda didn’t excite me anymore… It’d really have to be reworked / finished I guess… 

1 hour ago, Crazy for You said:

what what if “I Got You Babe” ft barrie is going to be on Lasso? :oprah4: it does sound country:hair:

didnt he say it is going to be on his or lana's album? 

barrie said he was planning on releasing a record of songs him & lana did, he might add a few covers they’ve done 

edit: just seen you said “his or hers album” i got carried away & wanted to be useful to the subject sorry :toofloppy:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7laynh1btcbtvab9ylb

5 hours ago, Cult Leader said:

and when the rehab demo of for k pt 2 is on Lasso then what (im being delulu) :legend:

but honest question, do you guys thing she would ever put maybe some older songs on this? or use lyrics and imagery from them?

i think it'd be very interesting if she used or referenced some aka lyrics (like she did in fishtail), especially from raise me up since i love that song sm :sadcore5:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif