Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

someone earlier was saying that Driving in Cars w Boys (2014) and I Talk to Jesus are country influenced :illumarina:

if that’s so and it’s the direction of at least half of the songs then i’m so here for it :xcry:

2 hours ago, spookytanooki said:

Collab with Orville Peck pls

I know Orville is gay but my mind immediately went to a music video of both of them deeply in love and wearing matching masks while serenading each other 

1 hour ago, heroindealer said:

someone earlier was saying that Driving in Cars w Boys (2014) and I Talk to Jesus are country influenced :illumarina:

if that’s so and it’s the direction of at least half of the songs then i’m so here for it :xcry:

I love that song:defeated:

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

42 minutes ago, Candy Necklace said:

If you guys seriously think I Talk to Jesus and Driving In Cars With Boys are country, be prepared to be disappointed :thumb3:

this has me audibly cackling :eartha::eartha:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

Sometimes I feel like Lana squanders her own potential :trisha: literally at the PEAK of her career rn, so much acclaim, unreleased tracks going viral, finally recognised as a legendary songstress & instead of releasing a bombastic psychedelic surf rock trip hop album which would get the entire GP by their fucking THROATS she’s going to drop a country album :lange:

like all we need is one album that sounds like a perfect mixture of Stargirl interlude, Venice bitch, Florida kilos, Brooklyn baby, Peppers, A&W and FIILY and she would literally be on a world tour almost as big as Taylor’s :oprah:

Lemme dream n manifest Chile…..

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

16 minutes ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

Sometimes I feel like Lana squanders her own potential :trisha: literally at the PEAK of her career rn, so much acclaim, unreleased tracks going viral, finally recognised as a legendary songstress & instead of releasing a bombastic psychedelic surf rock trip hop album which would get the entire GP by their fucking THROATS she’s going to drop a country album :lange:

like all we need is one album that sounds like a perfect mixture of Stargirl interlude, Venice bitch, Florida kilos, Brooklyn baby, Peppers, A&W and FIILY and she would literally be on a world tour almost as big as Taylor’s :oprah:

Lemme dream n manifest Chile…..

honestly... we need to move on from having such specific expectations of her music or what she's going to do next and just let do what she wants to do, it should be clear as day she isn't making music to maximize her commercial success/popularity, she does what she wants to do, and we should trust her ability to do it well, it seems some people are expecting to release something similar to mainstream country but we all know she's going to take inspiration from the music of the past and it'll be something more elevated and more similar to her style, and let's not forget she isn't necessarily the greatest at describing her music's sound

and i hope it doesn't sound like i'm singling you out, but i don't think she's ever released anything which could be considered psychedelic surf rock trip hop... and i know you're just describing some sort of vibe or general sound, but she's already released more bombastic/psychedelic work, like born to die, which had beats and was her most energetic record, and ultraviolence was psychedelic... i'm sorry, but if you're really expecting psychedelic surf rock trip hop, especially at this point, you're just going to end up being disappointed because she wasn't done anything like born to die, ultraviolence, or even honeymoon in a long time, her sound definitely shifted to something more mellow, introspective, and matured back in 2019 and she's just going to continue forward with different things, but you can always go back to ultraviolence if you want that sound, she could work with dan auerbach again in the future hypothetically but it probably wouldn't sound like an ultraviolence song, she's going to do what she wants to do... she worked with mike dean of all people and we ended up with a piano ballad

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123