Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

2 minutes ago, X8vinylScratchX said:

Today is the only acceptable day to say you want country rap or a Taylor Swift feature

I wouldn’t mind a Taylor swift feature… 

i just need a lead single. henry come on

judge-judy-time-wrap-it-tap-lvocdqazp42l

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

9 hours ago, Embach said:

Honeymoon is barely any of that

Huh? Terrence loves you, god knows I tried, religion, honeymoon, swan song, don't let me be misunderstood, burnt norton.. .it doesn't get more languid than that.

With the exception of High by the Beach, Freak, Music to Watch Boys to and Art Deco. But those are hardly bops (beach aside).

12 hours ago, bluechemtrails said:

I think the album will be very different from Chemtrails. Because if she's been working on it for four years, she would have already put the right songs on this album. It will also be different from BB and Ocean Blvd. I expect a higher number of covers if this is the abandoned 'American Standards & Classics'.

Well, I for one want zero covers. 

I think it's such a cop-out, generally, and it rarely works for Lana. Country Roads is super mid, for example. In fact, the only covers I ever really liked are Doin' Time, Goodbye Kiss, and the Maleficent song. These are the ones she's made her own through and through.

You Must Love Me, Summer Wine, The Other Woman etc. all sound like they've been borrowed.

34 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Huh? Terrence loves you, god knows I tried, religion, honeymoon, swan song, don't let me be misunderstood, burnt norton.. .it doesn't get more languid than that.

With the exception of High by the Beach, Freak, Music to Watch Boys to and Art Deco. But those are hardly bops (beach aside).

Idk, I wouldn't call these songs languid because they have a very powerful build-up and are very versatile and rich in terms on instrumentation and vocals. Just because they're ballads, doesn't mean that they're languid. If they were just single instrumented ballads with no build-up then they would be languid. But of course, if you think that Honeymoon is more languid then you can obviously think like that, I'm open to any kind of thoughts.

41 minutes ago, barttttender said:

WORD!!!

I don't want any covers or interludes. They take place of an original song that could've been better

url%5D

14 hours ago, barttttender said:

Yeah. She's done Chemtrails, she's done BB, she's done Honeymoon.. We don't need another languid, slow-paced sad record. Like, don't go country if you're gonna be sad and think small.

country can be acoustic or have low production. i hope it's mostly sultry, classic county like patsy or tammy. i don't want a big, overproduced country pop sounding yeehaw banjo tambourine album. those always sound cheesy and i trust lana won't be doing that here. 

if anything, production should share similar styles with her cover of take me home country roads and probably the released version of say yes to heaven. there's a reason that song released as a single right after ocean blvd dropped. it might not be on an album, but i think it's meant to bridge ocean blvd to lasso. 

~~~

on another note, i hope the title ends up being longer than just "lasso" for fun. imagine the serve that would be if it's called "twirling a lasso on the back of a stallion" or "lasso on my hip" or "got me in your lasso" or something lol

also, i'm calling that. lyrics to the title track will say "caught me in your lasso" or got. 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

1 hour ago, barttttender said:

I think it's such a cop-out, generally, and it rarely works for Lana. Country Roads is super mid, for example. In fact, the only covers I ever really liked are Doin' Time, Goodbye Kiss, and the Maleficent song. These are the ones she's made her own through and through.

You Must Love Me, Summer Wine, The Other Woman etc. all sound like they've been borrowed.

i don't need covers unless there's 0% chance we get a cover album later, which should include Stand By Your Man because Lana's version is so fucking good and sounds like a classic Lana track when she sings it live

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, barttttender said:

I kinda agree

I don't mind them at all but often her covers are too karaokey, she doesn't really make them her own except for those you mentioned: Doin' Time, Once Upon a Dream

1 hour ago, American Whore said:

country can be acoustic or have low production. i hope it's mostly sultry, classic county like patsy or tammy. i don't want a big, overproduced country pop sounding yeehaw banjo tambourine album. those always sound cheesy and i trust lana won't be doing that here. 

if anything, production should share similar styles with her cover of take me home country roads and probably the released version of say yes to heaven. there's a reason that song released as a single right after ocean blvd dropped. it might not be on an album, but i think it's meant to bridge ocean blvd to lasso. 

~~~

on another note, i hope the title ends up being longer than just "lasso" for fun. imagine the serve that would be if it's called "twirling a lasso on the back of a stallion" or "lasso on my hip" or "got me in your lasso" or something lol

also, i'm calling that. lyrics to the title track will say "caught me in your lasso" or got. 

Beyonce's gone all out on the country symbolism and metaphor. From whiskey to horses to John Wayne and tumbling weed, she's covered literally everything. I feel like she and her team had a list of words that need to be integrated. Sometimes it feels like crossing things off.

Also, if we'll have a "candle in the wind" or "let the light in" repetitive moment. For beyonce, it's "shotgun". She has the word quite a few times, and in the best cuts on the album.

I wonder what  of that iconography will Lana lean to that Beyonce already hasn't, and if she will find some new angles.

1 hour ago, American Whore said:

~~~

"if anything, production should share similar styles with her cover of take me home country roads"

You lost me there. The production on Country Roads couldn't have been more mid if it tried.

1 hour ago, Embach said:

Idk, I wouldn't call these songs languid because they have a very powerful build-up and are very versatile and rich in terms on instrumentation and vocals. Just because they're ballads, doesn't mean that they're languid. If they were just single instrumented ballads with no build-up then they would be languid. But of course, if you think that Honeymoon is more languid then you can obviously think like that, I'm open to any kind of thoughts.

WORD!!!

I don't want any covers or interludes. They take place of an original song that could've been better

And god knows lana has hundreds of unreleased songs, at least 30 of which which definitely deserve to get a proper release.

Idk, Terrence Loves You is, like, the definition of languid for me. But to each their own.

1 hour ago, Bonita said:

It's either she debuts Henry at coachella or releases it after that's my guess

The way Henry song can end up like CN and with album announcement/tease we will get completely different single:eyeroll3:

bGiqt9X.gif

nobody warns you before the fall