Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

11 minutes ago, shadesofblue said:

Kinda curious how much this album has changed over the past 4 years. Considering how much she changes her mind about music

I was thinking about it yesterday, I was also thinking about how this album is not finished yet considering it's been in the making for 4 years:pls:

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

1 hour ago, Pink Flamingo said:

I was thinking about it yesterday, I was also thinking about how this album is not finished yet considering it's been in the making for 4 years:pls:

That's because it's very well polished and has no skips :charli:

51 minutes ago, Make me your Dream Life said:

Would you guys be excited or laugh if she posted a picture of the desert on insta. Cus that’s what this thread is rn

I’d probably laugh

Definitely laugh :eyeroll3: this thread makes me think of an empty desert with tumbleweed rolling by

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7h8oozwzs30axdk2lpa

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

41 minutes ago, honeymoon is alive said:

i really love chemtrails so if it turns out to be something similar to it i won’t complain :adele:

I like it don’t get me wrong, But I found it a bit too slow for me.

major longing 
major appreciation of nature/ figurative imagery 

blaring drones/ guitars - to the point of drowning in their sound to another plane - like an energy cleanse 
cold airy vocals to shine thru the production 
end of summer / sunset to dusk / start of fall vibes 

terrence loves you dreamscape/ sound of wonder 
a more polished, dynamic blue banisters 

that'd be a dream, if she were going for the singer songwriter johnny cash / chelsea hotel no. 2 / hallelujah by leonard cohen overall golden legend route imo 

since she's going country, I'd especially love if she wandered into the frontier of space, similar to an astronaut, or like the vintage film of armageddon w Liv Tyler in vibes 

just my 2 cents. 

"cus darling, you know that it'd- 
never be like me to- 
cast you beside the rope (ah, ah)

we've already ventured out- 
sun to skies, stars to the moon 

darlin you know that I'll always let you be the one to choose 

I don't need- this lasso
to understaaand-  
or to have you ~ ooooh ~ "

UV/Honeymoon

1 hour ago, Rock Candy said:

Waist deep in icy waves:shrug:

C'mon, do something

This gave me serious flashbacks :crying5:

2bfdb5f27c0411b17e7345642d0743ba99f47af0
 𝓟𝓾𝓽 𝓶𝓮 𝓸𝓷𝓽𝓸 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓫𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓴 𝓶𝓸𝓽𝓸𝓻𝓬𝔂𝓬𝓵𝓮

𝓕𝓲𝓯𝓽𝓲𝓮𝓼 𝓫𝓪𝓫𝔂 𝓭𝓸𝓵𝓵 𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓶𝔂 '𝓘 𝓭𝓸' 

𝓘𝓽 𝓸𝓷𝓵𝔂 𝓽𝓪𝓴𝓮𝓼 𝓽𝔀𝓸 𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓼 𝓽𝓸 𝓝𝓮𝓿𝓪𝓭𝓪

⋆.˚⭒⋆.˚─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───⋆.˚⭒⋆.˚ 

6 hours ago, Pink Flamingo said:

I mean..... They would obviously come up with a song for it every few months. Some with Jack (Hey Baby Blue, etc), some with Niki (Prettiest Girl in Country Music), some with that country producer (Henry, Come on). That doesn't meant that they were working continuously on the record. Especially not when BB and OB and Chemtrails were also recorded.

How I see it is: they were coming up with these random country songs, and realized they have enough for a full album sometime last year after OB was released. Then they started pulling it all together. They're aiming for September, but it's not really going to happen. 

5 hours ago, ts2003 said:

I like it don’t get me wrong, But I found it a bit too slow for me.

For me, I don't mind the slow. But it was just a bit slight.

When you remove the cover (For Free), which is just Lana trying to fill up the tracklist again with her god-damn covers, and you take out Breaking Up Slowly that's such thinly sketched, throway track, you're left with 9 songs only.

I also do agree with Lana when she said that it needed another big song. As big as White Dress, Chemtrails or Wild at Heart, if not bigger. It needed a Ride imo.

9 hours ago, Pink Flamingo said:

Because shs'e about to release something huge ,another industry defining project that will set a direction for future albums like she did with BTD and NFR :bang:

bGiqt9X.gif

nobody warns you before the fall

9 hours ago, ts2003 said:

If there’s one thing I’m hoping from this record is for it not to be as slow as Chemtrails 

I’m only hoping Lasso won’t be « minimal sounding »/ minimal production like CoCC and BB are. Both albums have incredible and strong songs, but both albums have songs I don’t connect with. It’s always a big risk, by going minimal: if you don’t connect with the lyrics, the production is kinda « non-existent » to fall in love with that song. There are a couple of songs I didn’t connect with at first, in her previous albums, but the production was so good that I ended up loving them in the long run, although I had nothing in my life that resonated with the story told on those. But on COCC and BB, I never had that « click moment » with a couple of them mostly because of the too simple production. 

The only thing I DO NOT WANT from this album is a Morgan Wallen feature. Anything else - be my guest.

url%5D