Jump to content
Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, jakoblvd said:

A little essay i wrote for the country anti’s:wub:


I understand that many of you may be feeling disappointed or uncertain about Lana's decision to explore country music in her upcoming album. It's natural to have reservations when an artist ventures into new territory, especially when it deviates from their established sound. However, I urge you to consider the potential for greatness that lies within this new direction.

 

First and foremost, Lana is a master storyteller. Her ability to evoke emotion and paint vivid scenes with her lyrics is unparalleled, and the storytelling aspect of country music aligns perfectly with her strengths. Country music is known for its narrative-driven songs that explore themes of love, loss, and the human experience – themes that Lana has touched upon in her previous work as well. By embracing the country genre, Lana has the opportunity to delve even deeper into these universal themes and connect with her audience on a profound level.

 

Furthermore, country music offers Lana a chance to showcase her versatility as an artist. While she may be best known for her dreamy, cinematic soundscapes, Lana has always incorporated elements of Americana and folk into her music. By embracing country influences more overtly, Lana can tap into a rich musical tradition while still putting her own unique spin on it. This fusion of styles has the potential to create something truly special – a blend of country twang and Lana's signature ethereal beauty.

 

Lastly, it's important to remember that artistic growth often requires taking risks and stepping outside of one's comfort zone. Lana has never been one to play it safe, and her willingness to push boundaries and explore new sonic landscapes is what has made her such a compelling and enduring artist. While country music may seem like a departure from her usual sound, it's also an opportunity for her to evolve and grow as an artist, and isn't that what we want for our favorite musicians?

 

In conclusion, while it's understandable to feel hesitant about Lana's foray into country music, I encourage you to approach her upcoming album with an open mind and a willingness to embrace the unexpected. Who knows? You may just discover that country is a perfect fit for Lana after all, and that her music has the power to transcend genres and touch your soul in ways you never imagined.

7ksim6.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, jakoblvd said:

A little essay i wrote for the country anti’s:wub:


I understand that many of you may be feeling disappointed or uncertain about Lana's decision to explore country music in her upcoming album. It's natural to have reservations when an artist ventures into new territory, especially when it deviates from their established sound. However, I urge you to consider the potential for greatness that lies within this new direction.

 

First and foremost, Lana is a master storyteller. Her ability to evoke emotion and paint vivid scenes with her lyrics is unparalleled, and the storytelling aspect of country music aligns perfectly with her strengths. Country music is known for its narrative-driven songs that explore themes of love, loss, and the human experience – themes that Lana has touched upon in her previous work as well. By embracing the country genre, Lana has the opportunity to delve even deeper into these universal themes and connect with her audience on a profound level.

 

Furthermore, country music offers Lana a chance to showcase her versatility as an artist. While she may be best known for her dreamy, cinematic soundscapes, Lana has always incorporated elements of Americana and folk into her music. By embracing country influences more overtly, Lana can tap into a rich musical tradition while still putting her own unique spin on it. This fusion of styles has the potential to create something truly special – a blend of country twang and Lana's signature ethereal beauty.

 

Lastly, it's important to remember that artistic growth often requires taking risks and stepping outside of one's comfort zone. Lana has never been one to play it safe, and her willingness to push boundaries and explore new sonic landscapes is what has made her such a compelling and enduring artist. While country music may seem like a departure from her usual sound, it's also an opportunity for her to evolve and grow as an artist, and isn't that what we want for our favorite musicians?

 

In conclusion, while it's understandable to feel hesitant about Lana's foray into country music, I encourage you to approach her upcoming album with an open mind and a willingness to embrace the unexpected. Who knows? You may just discover that country is a perfect fit for Lana after all, and that her music has the power to transcend genres and touch your soul in ways you never imagined.

A+ essay, it's so well written with all the profound thoughts and expressions. Analysis and reasoning? Check. Perfect textbook example. :true:

 

And I agree with everything you said, Lana never does anything in a basic way, she definitely will integrate many of her elements in Lasso - poetic yet fascinating storytelling and there definitely will be songs in different, more strange nature which will be iconic fan favorites like A&W or White Dress or Venice Bitch.


url%5D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let’s be real this album isn’t going to be country :thumb2:

 

I think the album photoshoot, first single, and the one video we get will be country, but if she’s contemplating adding a Quavo feature it’s going to be a Frankenstein of sound like every album she’s made since LFL


"Don’t forget me"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

Let’s be real this album isn’t going to be country :thumb2:

 

I think the album photoshoot, first single, and the one video we get will be country, but if she’s contemplating adding a Quavo feature it’s going to be a Frankenstein of sound like every album she’s made since LFL

Chemtrails was her most cohesive album since Honeymoon.


'Cause I've been waiting, don't wanna face it
We're all alone now, how far will we take it?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GaboSpaceCowboy said:

Chemtrails was her most cohesive album since Honeymoon.


I agree! It’s her most cohesive, but it’s definitely still a Frankenstein of sound. White Dress, Yosemite, BUS, and TJF being on the same album makes no sense. And I say that as a number 1 COTCC defender 


"Don’t forget me"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Henry, come on sounds just like a typical Lana song with some country inspiration like the acoustic guitar and lyrics, other than that the melody and structure screams alt/pop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this album needs to have her Wicked Game on it, a soft rock/country/folk mysterious love song masterpiece moment :oprah3: or literally just a cover of Wicked Game idk its country but not like fuck your cousin country 


tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, palemoonbaby said:

ALBUM COVER LEAKED:crying2:

she never misses:xcry:

la.png

neil krug just dropped his polaroid camera and hasn’t been seen since. 


                                                                                      Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

                                                                              gZ0f.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, X8vinylScratchX said:

That aint a damn lasso thats a god damn whip 💀💀 oh hell no Lana what’s going on 😭 Not that kind of country

:bebe:


"Don’t forget me"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know why people are scared that we're getting a traditional yeehaw country album when Lana is both the queen of making every genre her own and also the queen of not describing properly her records :hide:

 

Her and Jack also talk about taking risks all the time and even though she said the songs were going to be simpler she probably meant lyric-wise (so less like Fingertips and more like LTLI I guess).


giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the state of things on Instagram i can already see a stupid controversy with any country themed album cover. Literally COTCC controversy part 2. It could be the most basic country looking album cover ever and people would rush to the comments to say it’s racist or something. Like people on twitter saying she fucking supports segregation because theres a farm on the cover or something like that


giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95237ep20gi51lvjl437x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, X8vinylScratchX said:

With the state of things on Instagram i can already see a stupid controversy with any country themed album cover. Literally COTCC controversy part 2. It could be the most basic country looking album cover ever and people would rush to the comments to say it’s racist or something. Like people on twitter saying she fucking supports segregation because theres a farm on the cover or something like that

Cotcc controversy literally only happened because Lana felt the need to defend herself before anyone said anything, I really don’t think people gaf, most people just thought the cover was insanely ugly (which it is).


3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, X8vinylScratchX said:

With the state of things on Instagram i can already see a stupid controversy with any country themed album cover. Literally COTCC controversy part 2. It could be the most basic country looking album cover ever and people would rush to the comments to say it’s racist or something. Like people on twitter saying she fucking supports segregation because theres a farm on the cover or something like that

☠️☠️☠️ This is SENDING me but it’s so true. I hate how reductive that is but I’m hoping that with the public acclaim of Lana this past year and the general gravitation towards country in music circles right now, this won’t be the case. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...