Rorman Nockwell

The Courtney Love is Over Thread

Imagine if Lana heard about this and still had her Twitter account, if she’d start beefing with Courtney and we’d all see it go down in real time and watch Lana win. :xcry:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Not a huge fan of the Denver cover either, which seemed like a reverential payback for name-dropping his (other?) song on the Grants (why didn't she cover that one?). What's weird about the whole thing, is that I don't recall LDR releasing stuff later than the cover, so what CL says can't be about LDR's art, can it? A larger comment about covering John Denver may be that's she's pissed off she didn't cover a female classic. I mean, later in the article:

"However, Love does shower praise on artists such as Patti Smith, Nina Simone, PJ Harvey, Julie London, Joni Mitchell, and Debbie Harry. Without a hint of self-awareness, she also said her show was meant to “redeem some of the women who have been treated so badly by the record industry,” adding, “Women are still marginalized in this industry, even though they’re more successful.”

Anyway, the interviewer should have asked for elaboration.

CL's view of Taylor just seems to be CL in Kim Gordon "provocateur" mode. Also maybe she's a little jealous of the fact Taylor stans Lana?

This is dumb. I like Courtney and had the good fortune to see her at the Hollywood Bowl with Lana. Unfortunately she is still stuck in high school. The web says she's 59! Almost my age. When I was in high school it wasn't "cool" to like John Denver. Now I can appreciate so many of his songs. Brilliant songwriter. She makes her statement like a high school kid. "I can't believe you covered John Denver!"

We're way past the point of Lana needing someone's stamp of approval. 

:brigitte:

courtney is just a bitter lady who has personal problems she hasn't dealt with appropriately so feels like she has to rip on other people to make herself feel better

she has always been like that, hence why i have never given her the time of day

lana stays selling out stadiums and headlining festivals, she is absolutely fine

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

Courtney is wild sometimes, I wouldn’t be surprised if the Taylor friendship is a sore point 

she had really praised Lana for being against the mainstream using the word “over culture”. So now Lana’s rising in the “mainstream” she might be a bit sour 

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

She was right about Taylor. She's mid and a capitalist pick me. Her music isn't all bad imo but I do agree with Courtney that Taylor is overhyped. Idk why people are picking that apart, aside from the comment of Lana, but then again it's classic swiftie fashion. 

Then everything else from Madonna to Lana sounds like mindless babble that I really take with a pinch of salt in all fairness. I don't follow Courtney so I don't know let alone care about her character type. I just don't think it's that serious and she's just being dumb or attention seeking.

13 hours ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Inspired by @Veinsineon

Courtney used to be cool. I like Hole. I think Celebrity Skin is a brilliant album.

But not anymore. Not after TODAY.

https://consequence.net/2024/04/courtney-love-taylor-swift-not-important/

I mean imagine saying that ^ about your friend. That is just plain mean.

Lana once lent Courtney her entire house so she could recover from whatever the fuck addiction she had at that particular time.

Fuck HER

ETA: also she's just really, really wrong. Even if the Country Roads cover was the worst cover that ever covered, it doesn't negate the artist's entire body of work. She of all people should realise this.

ETA2: also saying Taylor "isn't important" is actual brain rot. Even if you despise her and her music, she absolutely IS important, she literally contributes to a country's actual economy when she tours. Important =/= having to like her music or like her.

Honestly, a lot of my friends are saying the same - that Lana should take some time off. The consensus seems to be that she's churning out a lot of songs, a lot of which aren't very good. Country Road is just one of many. Another one is that Blue Skies cover, which is equally awful.There's the collabs with some anonymous people, mid Antonoff project collabs, etc.

And let's not forget how unnecessary Blue Banisters was. Courtney Love never had a filter, and I don't think what she said is THAT BAD.

Just out of curiosity, do you think people still interview Courtney as a joke or to humiliate her? She’s not relevant, and she never has anything intelligent to say. Is it just because she fucked one of the best lead singers ever? Hmm 

46 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Honestly, a lot of my friends are saying the same - that Lana should take some time off. The consensus seems to be that she's churning out a lot of songs, a lot of which aren't very good. Country Road is just one of many. Another one is that Blue Skies cover, which is equally awful.There's the collabs with some anonymous people, mid Antonoff project collabs, etc.

And let's not forget how unnecessary Blue Banisters was. Courtney Love never had a filter, and I don't think what she said is THAT BAD.

i don’t think ive ever heard anyone say that :air: in what world is lana churning out songs

if anyone needs to take time off, it’s swift :brigitte:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

50 minutes ago, barttttender said:

That is literally not the consensus lmao

14 hours ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

This gif LMFAOOO honestly imagine burning the most important bridge of your lifetime over a song please she wants to be the Baltimore bridge so bad :air2:

LAUGHING MY FUCKING ASS OFFFFFF :oprah:

mae xoxo:twirls: