rocknrollgroupie

Lana Del Rey and Quavo “Tough” - OUT July 3, 2024

It’s crazy cuz I wasn’t expecting the kinda bridge we got.. it’s a very typical lana / BTD esque kinda bridge. Reminds me of freak demo bridge.. very bright. Didn’t think it would work ina trap song with quavo but damn it’s been stuck in my head.. and it pairs so well with that addicting chorus....

This is ridiculous lol. Like WHAT are they waiting for? Do they think "withholding" is a viable music marketing tactic? 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

3 minutes ago, Mer said:

This is ridiculous lol. Like WHAT are they waiting for? Do they think "withholding" is a viable music marketing tactic? 

I'm so over it., personally.

The only thing that's keeping me tuned in is hope that they're working on promoting the shit out of it because they know they have a good shot at Billboard top 20.

So, finalizing the artwork, putting up billboards, color correcting the videos ,sending the song to radios, setting up intervieews, playlisting, SEO, listening parties...

If the song ends up getting the standard issue LDR single dorp treatment, then I'll be seriously pissed.

23 minutes ago, Honeymoonwitch said:

I just don’t understand why they are taking so long… the video is clearly ready to go so just hurry up and release it. 

For the first time in few years It’s the label I think and not lana. 

BTW announcement today and tough out on FRIDAY! Delulus unite! :oprah9: we hold the power 

49 minutes ago, barttttender said:

The only thing that's keeping me tuned in is hope that they're working on promoting the shit out of it because they know they have a good shot at Billboard top 20.

So, finalizing the artwork, putting up billboards, color correcting the videos ,sending the song to radios, setting up intervieews, playlisting, SEO, listening parties...

Still, this should’ve all been done and ready to go well ahead of its Fenway debut. Whichever way you look at it, her team continues to drop the ball. 

The promo/marketing should’ve been locked in weeks ago and it should only be a matter of flipping “on” the switch. 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

While it’s frustrating, I get why they’re doing this. Withholding IS a viable tactic.

Super Freaky Grandma, I’m Good (Blue) were teased and allowed to circulate the clock app for months before release. Unholy was teased for like a month and kept getting pushed back. People were saying the same thing: “The hype is going to die! No one will check it when it’s finally released”. That’s ain’t true, is it :rip:? Unholy was still huge.

The most recent song that I know of that has this tactic is “I Need Some Help” by P0st M4l0ne and M0rg4n W4ll3n. They teased the song in March :rip: and performed the song live on April 28th 12 days before finally releasing it on May 10th. That’s 2 months from teasing to releasing. Longer if you think about the lead up to the announcement itself. P0st was sent to perform in a bunch of country music fest and mingle with a bunch of country artists before even announcing that song to get that audience familiarize with his name and that he has new “country” music coming out. The song had P0st and M0rgan doing meet ups (PR pics for social media), snippets teased for months, a live debut all before release. The music video was ready and was released the same day.

Guess what L4na has been doing :rip:? Her random country fest quests and Quavo meet ups weren’t for nothing. It was for this release. I’m bringing up P0st because they both signed to UMG publishing. They are both releasing a country album this year. The release feels too similar to not notice.

At first, I thought her team doesn’t have a plan but now that I’ve seen it unfolding. I think they do. The new snippet and live performance were what pushed me over to that thinking. I thought it was going to be (like everyone thought) a one off random snippet L4na always do (Happiness is a butterfly, Cinnamon, Rockafella My Umbrella, Henry). But they “hung out”, then teased the first snippet, then a second snippet with more of the song, then a live performance. It seems calculated. The video has also been shot. It IS a plan.

Withholding the release and letting it marinate on socials is good, esp if it’s doing well and doing good numbers/impressions. I do hope they don’t let it marinate for too long, but at the same time, I haven’t seen any real negative effects of the quote-on-quote releasing too late. Songs that went viral on TikTok even after a long while still did great numbers when they got officially released.

2 minutes ago, Mer said:

Still, this should’ve all been done well ahead of its Fenway debut. Whichever way you look at it, her team continues to drop the ball. 

Very true. Who knows, maybe Interscope is looking for the most optimal date.

If they've invested a lot of money in the promo (we have yet to see a single dollar), they'll really be gunning for a big hit.

Maybe they're preparing some remixes too. They released, like, four when Say Yes to Heaven Came Out.

God, I'm defending them even though I low-key hate them.

2 hours ago, Xenoblade 3 said:

While it’s frustrating, I get why they’re doing this. Withholding is a viable tactic.

Super Freaky Grandma, I’m Good (Blue) were teased and allowed to circulate the clock app for months before release. Unholy was teased for a month and kept getting pushed back. People were saying the same thing: “The hype is going to die! No one will check it when it’s finally released”. That’s ain’t true, is it :rip:?

The most recent song that I know of that has this tactic is “I Need Some Help” by P0st M4l0ne and M0rg4n W4ll3n. They teased the song in March :rip: and performed the song live on April 28th 12 days before finally releasing it on May 10th. That’s 2 months from teasing to releasing. Longer if you think about the lead up to the announcement itself. P0st was sent to perform in a bunch of country music fest and mingle with a bunch of country artists before even announcing that song to get that audience familiarize with his name and that he has new “country” music coming out. The song had P0st and M0rgan doing meet ups (PR pics for social media), snippets teased for months, a live debut all before release. The music video was ready and was released the same day.

Guess what L4na has been doing :rip:? Her random country fest quests and Quavo meet ups weren’t for nothing. It was for this release. I’m bringing up P0st because they both signed to UMG publishing. The release feels too similar to not notice.

At first, I thought her team doesn’t have a plan but now that I’ve seen it unfolding. I think they do. The new snippet and live performance were what pushed me over to that thinking. I thought it was going to be (like everyone thought) a one off random snippet L4na always do (Happiness is a butterfly, Cinnamon, Rockafella My Umbrella, Henry). They “hung out”, then teased the first snippet, then a second snippet with more of the song, then a live performance. It seems calculated. The video has also been shot. It IS a plan.

Withholding the release and letting it marinate on socials is good, esp if it’s doing well and doing good numbers/impressions. I do hope they don’t let it marinate for too long, but at the same time, I haven’t seen any real negative effects of quote-on-quote releasing too late. Songs that went viral on TikTok even after a long while still did great numbers when they got officially released.

Unfortunately, all of this makes sense. Though I have to say that I'm not that impressed with their plan. Posting two snippets on socials is hardly revolutionary marketing. Especially when it's done in a basic bitch way (cover photo + snippet), as opposed to how, say, Billie teased her shit.

And performing the song live, I mean.... A live? For promo? Groundbreaking.

idk i feel like if you haven’t developed patience as a lana fan after all these years,  maybe she isn’t the artist for you :toofunny:

this teasing and then waiting method she’s doing right now is something she’s done foreverrrrrr so idk i’ve personally learned to not get my hopes up when it comes to delivery times from her. we know we’ll hear it eventually. not knowing an exact date can be frustrating but she has such a large and varied discography for you to listen to while you wait! this is the fun part of the era where you don’t really know what’s coming or when it’s coming and it could happen anytime! exciting times!

giphy.gif