Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

May this be the most unpopular take in some time inside this thread, but honestly dont get the hype around Let The Light In. Is one of the less memorable songs of the album from my point of view, if not the less.

Cinnamon is not sweet. I have been corrected that is is bittersweet in context. But she suggests it is on multiple occasions. 

Yes, I know that music lyrics don’t have to be 100% logical or based in reality. 

Cinnamon is often associated with sweets, but by itself it is most definitely not sweet. 

C9-EB944-D-53-AE-42-A7-A3-CE-EF6-DA48879

1 hour ago, Quincy said:

Cinnamon is not sweet. But she suggests it is on multiple occasions. 

Yes, I know that music lyrics don’t have to be 100% logical or based in reality. 

Cinnamon is often associated with sweets, but by itself it is most definitely not sweet. 

It's bittersweet.

2 hours ago, Quincy said:

Cinnamon is not sweet. But she suggests it is on multiple occasions. 

she means that it is bittersweet –

• “now my life is sweet like cinnamon, like a fucking dream i’m living in” has a sarcastic tone. fame isn’t so sweet for her especially if she’s only loved for being on the radio instead of who she is.

• “cinnamon in my teeth, from your kiss” refers to unhealthy, conflicting love. the song talks about taking pills and being mad, but also about the possibility of being loved and held instead of hurt. 

it’s one of those words/phrases like “blue” or “dripping peaches” that has its own meaning to lana and the abstract world she has created through her music. 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

@bluevelvetcola's status update reminded me how I really hate that White Mustang's "why am I staying" theories too. I have never heard it as "why am I staying", for me it has always been "white mustang" :crossed:

url%5D

Lana should release an EP of 5-6 Christmas covers, she has the perfect voice for it, it would be so cozy 

1. Baby It’s Cold Outside (With Father John Misty or Jon Batiste)

2. Santa Baby 

3. Noel

4. White Christmas 

5. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas 

I wasn't really that hyped for Cherry music video :smile4: and I'm still wondering why some fans want it, in today's Chuck insta posts about the new Hollywood Reporter (or whatever the name was) magazine photoshoot there were still some comments about Cherry music video, like get over it already it has been 6 fucking years...:eyeroll2:

url%5D

On 9/8/2023 at 10:48 AM, cherrytropico said:

she means that it is bittersweet –

• “now my life is sweet like cinnamon, like a fucking dream i’m living in” has a sarcastic tone. fame isn’t so sweet for her especially if she’s only loved for being on the radio instead of who she is.

i think this interpretation is completely wrong like she is literally just singing about being so happy and feeling like she’s living the dream bc her music is on the radio, which was a huge achievement for her at the time

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

While the official version of Ultraviolence title track is the best version, my personal favorite is the demo version of the song (the one which was made after Melancholia and before the official album version). :crying5:

I became obsessed with this few days ago and I can't stop listening to it, I just adore Dan Heath's orchestra and the demo just soaks beautifully in the dramatic melancholic symphony, especially when she says "I can hear violins, violins", the real violins play so beautifully in the background. :crying5:

Also the bridge is so beautiful too, I love both bridges of the official one and the demo, but in the demo version, her distant whisper voice saying quietly "I'll be your princesa, you give me my white lines" sounds somehow like last words when someone is dying or something like that. :crying5:

And what I especially love about the demo is that it samples the magnificent, absolutely amazing symphonic intro of Blue Jeans music video which gives me shivers. :crying5:

Melancholia is very very gorgeous and heartbreaking lyrically (it has one of her best lyrics, especially the chorus) but the lyrics don't flow well with the orchestral instrumental. I love Dan Auerbach's production in the official version, it feels more gothic but I somehow love the Dan Heath's demo version's production more because of the orchestra. It's really feels like a Paradise version of the song, like his remix of West Coast, really reminds me of Honeymoon aswell. I just adore the overwhelming soft cinematic tragic orchestra in his productions. I neeeeeed Dan Heath's Honeymoon era songs and demos, I really wonder why Lana scrapped all of their stuff from Honeymoon. :crying5:

url%5D

On 9/18/2023 at 6:53 AM, Lanaparadiserey said:

Lana should release an EP of 5-6 Christmas covers, she has the perfect voice for it, it would be so cozy 

1. Baby It’s Cold Outside (With Father John Misty or Jon Batiste)

2. Santa Baby 

3. Noel

4. White Christmas 

5. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas 

I've wanted a christmas EP for YEARS... I would stream tf out of that I love christmas jams

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

The way this has been my Ocean Blvd tracklist since release day

The Grants

Ocean Blvd

Sweet

A&W

Candy Necklace

Kintsgui