Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

On 1/26/2024 at 11:17 PM, ArtDecoVintageGirl said:

The demos for Lust For Life and Diet Mountain Dew are far superior than what was released and i have a feeling this is how she intended the songs to be but was forced to make them more commercial.

I know she changed and life changes but i miss the pre NFR vibes she and her music had , i see myself skipping songs when it wasn't the case her older albums ... Jack Antonoff :smh:

yes jack antonoff team is so bad but that’s what lana is today and what’s her sound now, and i’m happy if this is what she’s comfortable with, but music downgraded HARD sorry not sorry antonoff honey u can go 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

If people like in the comments of LanaBoards latest Instagram post about Lana and Dolly Parton really think that Nikki Lane is trying to push Lana into country music, they're so wrong. Lana has always been country in her heart, ever since she was a child, she even called Video Games and Ride country songs lol :omfg2:

On 1/27/2024 at 4:41 AM, Blackestday x CN said:

I think peppers/A&W and a little bit of fishtails and taco truck give old lana vibes. 

I agree but I switched orders. Peppers and A&W give imo the most old Lana vibes, like the beats and lyrics (and also the Kinda Outta Luck vibe at the end of Peppers) but while Fishtails and Taco Truck are very "the new or current Lana" there are some little nuances which reminded me of old Lana (it's either the trap beat or the light upbeatness) :dance:

url%5D

28 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

Guns And Roses is actually an excellent song and I’m like 99% sure all the hate it gets is pure bandwagoning. 

Like it isn’t the best song ever but it isn’t any worse than Sad Girl lmao

Guns And Roses one of her bestest psychedelic moments :true:

2 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

coachella - woodstock in my mind is actually an excellent song and i'm like, 99% sure all the hate it gets is pure bandwagoning

Well yes

9 minutes ago, Party Favor said:

Sad Girl is actually an excellent song and I’m like 99% sure all the hate it gets is pure bandwagoning. 

Well no 

32 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

Guns And Roses is actually an excellent song and I’m like 99% sure all the hate it gets is pure bandwagoning. 

Like it isn’t the best song ever but it isn’t any worse than Sad Girl lmao

the verse melody of G&R is one of her best :true:

I’m not sure if this is unpopular or not,  but Fingertips is one of the saddest Lana songs (it would def make the top 3). 

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

36 minutes ago, mssainttropez said:

I’m not sure if this is unpopular or not,  but Fingertips is one of the saddest Lana songs (it would def make the top 3). 

And it's crazy how another top 3 saddest Lana song plays directly before Fingertips on Ocean Blvd. really a 1-2 punch of death

On 1/28/2024 at 6:25 AM, Embach said:

If people like in the comments of LanaBoards latest Instagram post about Lana and Dolly Parton really think that Nikki Lane is trying to push Lana into country music, they're so wrong. Lana has always been country in her heart, ever since she was a child, she even called Video Games and Ride country songs lol :omfg2:

I agree but I switched orders. Peppers and A&W give imo the most old Lana vibes, like the beats and lyrics (and also the Kinda Outta Luck vibe at the end of Peppers) but while Fishtails and Taco Truck are very "the new or current Lana" there are some little nuances which reminded me of old Lana (it's either the trap beat or the light upbeatness) :dance:

I don’t know if it’s because I don’t know shit about country and I’m not from USA, but I always felt like Ride has a little country vibe, mixed with alt pop 

On 2/4/2024 at 8:59 AM, NikoGo said:

Nfr is finally growing on me, but I still think it’s a super mid/weak Lana album

I think it’s an amazing album, but definitely not one of my favorites. I honestly don’t get all the hype about it :bebe:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

Long essay, read it if you want to. And if you don't want to read it, then don't. It is controversial though, I think. I really hope that people won't start hating on me here after that long statement because I said it, for example, in TikTok or Twitter, I think that people there would eat and burn me alive...

I love NFR album but Ocean Blvd album with all the depth and complexity of it makes NFR album seem very shallow and vanilla. Not that NFR album is bad, of course not, but Ocean Blvd album just explored the topics in a very comprehensive and profound way what kind of lacks in the songs of NFR albums (except Hope Is A Dangerous Thing). That's why I also find NFR as very polished album (like more polished version of Lust For Life and maybe COTCC albums) and that's why it's also her most "universal" accessible album. That's also the reason why general public (whether the people are teenagers or middle aged) loves it the most out of all of her albums.

Also, I have seen many Lana fans, either here or in social media (Instagram, Reddit, Twitter, YouTube, Twitter) rank her top 3 albums mostly as NFR, Ultraviolence and Honeymoon and saying that they're all in the same league and her strongest. While the list is not bad (I do have to admit that Ultraviolence and Honeymoon are in my top 3 as well), sadly I don't find NFR in the same league as Ultraviolence and Honeymoon. I think that Ultraviolence and Honeymoon are one of her strongest works BUT it's also her most original and unique works. These albums are something that CANNOT be created by anyone else but Lana herself. But even if Lana tries to do a 2.0 version of those two albums, I think she even wouldn't be capable of doing these again in the same flavour and design because these albums captured the magic in the studio which just cannot be repeated again. These albums just caught lightning in the bottle and they're all in their own unique universes which makes these albums special either by their sound, melodies and topics. It's just something that makes Honeymoon and Ultraviolence so ahead of their times and out of all Lana's albums timeless and out of all Lana's albums, they're in a very high league. They're not really 100% polished, they're raw in some parts but it's something that it's done flawlessly. These albums are so essentially Lana, they have her "handwriting" all over them. That's something what NFR doesn't have, sorry. Not that it's a bad thing, of course. But I feel like NFR is an album which could be done by any indie rock band but I think it's also because the album has very strong Jack Antonoff signature style in it. That's why I also think that NFR is an album it's also album which "lacks" the Lana element the most. I think NFR album's strongest parts are the lyrics but as I have mentioned earlier, some of the lyrics can seem really shallow and aren't as deep now as it was. It has some strong moments like in Hope, Mariners, How To Disappear or The Greatest but my problem with NFR's lyrics are that these could be written by anyone and they all seem to be in the style of...I don't know, like Instagram captions or Pinterest, where like all the "motivational life quotes" are collected together and sewn together into one song. But it doesn't make the album bad, I think the album itself is amazing and very listenable because in all its simplicity, it has relatable moments and it also very nostalgic. It's like that kind of album you listen to when you're going on a summer trip or go to a beach to enjoy life and have fun.

Also I have never seen NFR as a sad album. There are sad moments, like in Hope, The Greatest and California (like in every Lana album to be honest) but overall I find the album as light, hopeful and optimistic. Like trying to live in the moment and enjoy it as much as possible while accepting the life as it is (TNBAR, Venice Bitch, Mariners, Love Song, Doin Time, FIILY). 

Here's my two cents. It's just my opinion, you don't have to take it seriously...

url%5D