Sitar

Lorde

Maybe I'm just overdramatic but I don't like the title Leader of The New Regime, especially the regime part which has predominantly negative connotations, doesn't it?

ย 

In my fantasy it could've been calledย The Prophetย or something similar and it'd still fit with its spiritual and rather pessimistic tone. Someone we'd need to help us in a crisis which Ella has said will define our lifetime.

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

25 minutes ago, PeroxidePrincess said:

Maybe I'm just overdramatic but I don't like the title Leader of The New Regime, especially the regime part which has predominantly negative connotations, doesn't it?

ย 

In my fantasy it could've been calledย The Prophetย or something similar and it'd still fit with its spiritual and rather pessimistic tone. Someone we'd need to help us in a crisis which Ella has said will define our lifetime.

yeah a regime is v normally authoritarian, so it's odd. my only guess is she's being ironic but from the lyrics, it's quite hard to tell what she's really talking about.

ย 

edit: sorry if my rants are way off the mark but it's also super cynical to be imagining who will be the leader of the new regime, as in asking who's the next... trump. right wing conservatism isn't "inevitable"!!

Edited by Alison by Slowdive

mUENGN9.png

whole album is a snooze on first listen, especially the standard version of it. from track 4 to 10 it's really hard not to fall asleep.

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

I enjoyed The Path,ย Fallen Fruit, Stoned, and some parts of California. This record feels strange, which maybe was the intention, but it doesnโ€™t hit for me. I donโ€™t feel engaged, and at times itโ€™s unclearย about what exactly sheโ€™s getting at.
ย 

As a couple people have said, super interested to see where sheย goes from here. The minimalist sound and production style doesnโ€™t suit her for an entire record imo, but at times it really does work.

I genuinely love this album and I even love California which I really didnโ€™t like when I heard a little bit of the snippet the only one Iโ€™m not too sure about right now is Helen of Troyย :kris:

AstonishingPoisedFruitfly-size_restrictetumblr_n4u8spzSeQ1trmnojo1_500.gifv

19 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

whole album is a snooze on first listen, especially the standard version of it. from track 4 to 10 it's really hard not to fall asleep.

she wasย giving Honeymoonย ??

Honestly, after everything I'd read about the album, I was really nervous that I was gonna hate it. But I've listened through the whole thing and I'm actually quite surprised. I'm not gonna act like I think it's the best album ever made or anything, but for what it is, it's pretty good. My favorites right now are Fallen Fruit, The Man With The Axe, Mood Ring and Oceanic Feeling. While I don't think I can say Solar Power is a Lorde favorite of mine, at least not right now, I like it enough and there are some true stand outs on this album.ย 

ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย imageproxy.jpg

31 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

I donโ€™t know how you manage Lana albums then as many of her songs are snooze inducing and boring unless youโ€™re in the mood for them. ย 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

I'm so surprised by the extreme hate, people are so melodramatic. It's one thing to say the music's not for you, but some of the things people are saying...:toofunny:

ย 

I went for a nice long walk last night and listened three times and it's so lovely! Very late 90s/early 2000s pop, mixed with Chemtrails energy, with subtle touches of 60s/70s.ย Not a big acid album like she originally set out to make, but the leftovers of that idea are sprinkled throughout, stoner vibes for sure. This polarizing reaction upon release will only ensure it's cult status in the future.

ย 

I imagine the whole album will be a grower that gets better with each listen, but it's already great.

ย 

At least we can all agree on one thing: the music box is gorgeous. Itโ€™s what the Norman box set should have looked like (canโ€™t believe Lana didnโ€™t make one).

26 minutes ago, Ghost Town said:

let me know if this has already been discussed but the outro of oceanic feeling feels like it came from a different song, like a SP outtake which wasn't finished or something. anyway it's the only part of the song i like, but it means havingย to endure the first 5 and a bitย minutes before it.

To me, itโ€™s the other way around: I really like the first five minutes (reminds me of Daddyโ€™s Home), but the last minute with Jack (I think?) feels disjointed to the rest of the song. Not sure about the lyrics though.ย 

49 minutes ago, Ghost Town said:

let me know if this has already been discussed but the outro of oceanic feeling feels like it came from a different song, like a SP outtake which wasn't finished or something. anyway it's the only part of the song i like, but it means havingย to endure the first 5 and a bitย minutes before it.

ย 

The outro of Oceanic Feeling isย like the epilogue to the whole album, not just the song. People are asking if the album is cringe or satire, but for me it's a bit of both, deliberately so. She's exploring these kind of cheesy wellness tropes that she's partially satirizing but also admiring them becauseย it's hard to fault anyone who's able to find enlightenment in this dark world, even when the methodsย seemย silly to the rest of us. The outro of the song is kind of like her revealing her cards, showing us that she's not quite the character she's inhabited throughout the album but she is genuinely on the path to finding her own version of peace and calm.

15 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

I swear this album would be horrible without the vocal layering. They really saved this album huh.ย 

ย 

Personally I thought the opposite: this albumย would be better without the vocal layering. Compared to Lanaโ€™sโ€ฆ.it doesnโ€™t even come close. Idk something rubs me the wrong way about the layeringย and Iโ€™m not sure how to succinctly describe it. Maybe itโ€™s just a personal taste thing.ย :oprah3:

ย 
I just did my first complete listen on Apple Music and I actually enjoyed Fallen Fruit and Big Star quite a bit. The other songs I had heard snippets of here and there, but those two were pretty decent. On my way to YouTube for the bonus tracksย :ma: