LDRO

Instagram Updates

i love Lana & the pettiness of the billboard/IG post made me giggle at first but on the flipside i cant imagine letting an ex know i think about them that much.. idk that is prob my nightmare ....letting them know that they still haunt my thoughts enough for me to do something like that.

in the end i think it just gives the person more power, or at least the feeling that they still have power over you which is just as bad imo, especially if the person is abusive

but its been done now so whatever :delicious: she is obviously hurting ...  it was a good "fuck you" nonetheless

i just hope she heals from whatever that c*nt did bc he is not worth her energy! :agree2:

1 hour ago, burthday kake said:

i love Lana & the pettiness of the billboard/IG post made me giggle at first but on the flipside i cant imagine letting an ex know i think about them that much.. idk that is prob my nightmare ....letting them know that they still haunt my thoughts enough for me to do something like that.

in the end i think it just gives the person more power, or at least the feeling that they still have power over you which is just as bad imo, especially if the person is abusive

but its been done now so whatever :delicious: she is obviously hurting ...  it was a good "fuck you" nonetheless

i just hope she heals from whatever that c*nt did bc he is not worth her energy! :agree2:

Having lost someone i deeply love as well i think you go through phases, in the beginning i wouldn't dream of showing the other person how much i miss them and still think about them. But then after a lot of time has passed and if they're still in your mind, you sort of think to yourself "they're clearly never coming back so what have i got to lose" an you kinda act out and start being okay with showing the world how much they meant to you without the fear of losing them anymore.. like in a weird way it's a sign of healing and moving on, and facing the situation head on, whether that be in a vengeful way or in a loving way.. in her case there seems to be more fire 

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I can understand her pettiness, having been that petty myself. I’ve been the crazy one more than my fair share of times. I would perhaps challenge her on that pettiness all the same, out of simple concern - but then, who knows what went down? I don’t condone it, but I can’t quite judge it with the limited knowledge that I have, having been there myself.

Just saw a (positive) TikTok close to a million likes about Lana’s pettiness with the TUOB billboard:godlaugh2: 

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

22 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

Having lost someone i deeply love as well i think you go through phases, in the beginning i wouldn't dream of showing the other person how much i miss them and still think about them. But then after a lot of time has passed and if they're still in your mind, you sort of think to yourself "they're clearly never coming back so what have i got to lose" an you kinda act out and start being okay with showing the world how much they meant to you without the fear of losing them anymore.. like in a weird way it's a sign of healing and moving on, and facing the situation head on, whether that be in a vengeful way or in a loving way.. in her case there seems to be more fire 

It's so inch resting to read how you'd approach this scenario. I feel like I work in opposite ways. In the immediate aftermath of a serious break up I would absolutely show the other person how much I care because they're all I can think about. I like to be more straightforward about things like that to avoid crossed signals...especially if it's a person that I didn't think was worth losing. After a lot of time has passed I tend to forget about them - but not in a mean or spiteful way! It's just that distance and separation really works wonders for me and the person becomes a distant memory which I don't really need to address anymore. In the long term I may still dream about the person or maybe find a reference in everyday life that makes me think of them. It's only natural since I spent so much time caring about that person, but those moments where I'm reminded of them and our past are internalized and get tucked away for good. 

With that framework in mind I find Lana's approach to the billboard super intriguing. I personally would have done the billboard thing immediately after the breakup to try to win them back or something like that. But Lana's case is a 180 from how I would think things through. In her case after all this time she still feels like things need to be acknowledged and I love that she's doing what she feels is right for her. To me it seems like S*an must really have been one of those rare true loves that fucked her up bad :( 

28 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

It's so inch resting to read how you'd approach this scenario. I feel like I work in opposite ways. In the immediate aftermath of a serious break up I would absolutely show the other person how much I care because they're all I can think about. I like to be more straightforward about things like that to avoid crossed signals...especially if it's a person that I didn't think was worth losing. After a lot of time has passed I tend to forget about them - but not in a mean or spiteful way! It's just that distance and separation really works wonders for me and the person becomes a distant memory which I don't really need to address anymore. In the long term I may still dream about the person or maybe find a reference in everyday life that makes me think of them. It's only natural since I spent so much time caring about that person, but those moments where I'm reminded of them and our past are internalized and get tucked away for good. 

With that framework in mind I find Lana's approach to the billboard super intriguing. I personally would have done the billboard thing immediately after the breakup to try to win them back or something like that. But Lana's case is a 180 from how I would think things through. In her case after all this time she still feels like things need to be acknowledged and I love that she's doing what she feels is right for her. To me it seems like S*an must really have been one of those rare true loves that fucked her up bad :( 

I think it's because i go into self defense mode, so i'd shut down and run from the situation. Like if someone makes the decision to leave me, i feel betrayed and hurt. So winning them back is the last thing on my mind. And also because 99% of the time when someone breaks up w you they've been thinking about it for weeks and their mind is already made up, so there's really nothing you can do or say to change their mind, so i think the best thing is to just accept it and remove yourself from the situation entirely without anymore words. I don't think i could've done the billboard thing immediately because it would've been too painful. It's like i don't get how immediately after a break up people can look through old pictures of them together and cry, it's just self torture. Very masochistic. That's why i think that maybe now that she returned to Tulsa, it's because it no longer hurts to be there and she can proudly go back with a clear head, That's sort of how i see it, but like you said it's definitely interesting how everyones approach is different :) 

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

1 minute ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

I think it's because i go into self defense mode, so i'd shut down and run from the situation. Like if someone makes the decission to leave me, i feel betrayed and hurt. So winning them back is the last thing on my mind. And also because 99% of the time when someone breaks up w you they've beem thinking about it for weeks and their mind is already made up, so there's really nothing you can do or say to change their mind, so i think the best thing is to just accept it and remove yourself from the situation entirely without anymore words. I don't think i could've done the billboard thing immediately because it would've been too painful. It's like i don't get how immediately after a break up people can look through old pictures of them together and cry, it's just self torture. Very masochistic. That's why i think that maybe now that she returned to Tulsa, it's because it no longer hurts to be there and she can proudly go back with a clear head, That's sort of how i see it, but like you said it's definitely interesting how everyones approach is different :) 

Omg? That makes a lot of sense actually. I can definitely see where you're coming from in your approach too. In Lana's case she went back to Los Angeles to record this beautiful record for us and now that she's said what she needed to say she went back to Tulsa to set the tone for the upcoming album :wowcry:

7 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

their mind is already made up, so there's really nothing you can do or say to change their mind,

i read this and bob dylans dont think twice its all right just started playing in my head

" i wish there was something you would do or say, to try n make me change my mind and stay but we never did too much talking anyway"

:crying5:

2 hours ago, burthday kake said:

Yeah I could never do anything like this especially if my ex was married and had already moved on. She has had a few bfs since they broke up, so he must have hurt her pretty bad for her to still be doing this. I hope she is also able to move on one day. 

I can’t talk shit about Lana’s billboard because when I was 20 and my boyfriend broke up with me I basically assaulted him in a public park in front of families with their children. 

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

3 minutes ago, fine china said:

I can’t talk shit about Lana’s billboard because when I was 20 and my boyfriend broke up with me I basically assaulted him in a public park in front of families with their children. 

dawgk.gif

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

It makes me wonder if it's because she got kind of close with his kids and it hurt even more, because she was getting more and more into that step mom role when she was dating him. She went to his kids soccer games or whatever, it was sweet. It could also be more to it, what she talked about in Textbook. It makes me think this is only going to further the narrative we were meant to receive on Blue Banisters

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Right, I hope she's doing ok, because he is honestly and idiot who never deserved her.

But I hope she did the billboard bc she's dragging him to oblivion on the new album :yesnod:

7 minutes ago, American Whore said:

t makes me think this is only going to further the narrative we were meant to receive on Blue Banisters

4 minutes ago, honeymoonwhore said:

But I hope she did the billboard bc she's dragging him to oblivion on the new album 

with her describing the album as wordy, conversational & angry, I really do think we'll finally get to hear what went down in a lot of detail:ohmy:cant wait.