Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

Tyler's biggest opening was #3 with 80,000 counted sales (of all types)

His 3 albums debuted at 5, 3, 4.

On the 7/22 chart (the one that updates later this week- DJ Khaled is #1 for a second week with 70,000 total sales of all types

I worry about Drake. His surprise drop caused Honeymoon's expected #1 to go to #2

Lana most likely would have been #1 for every week from the original release date to now

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

On the 7/22 chart (the one that updates later this week- DJ Khaled is #1 for a second week with 70,000 total sales of all types

I worry about Drake. His surprise drop caused Honeymoon's expected #1 to go to #2

Lana most likely would have been #1 for every week from the original release date to now

:rip:  :rip:

I AM MY ONLY GOD

Drake just released his "mixtape" so I wouldn't worry too much about him dropping something to bump L4L down. Surprise releases aren't all that common, I don't think Drake would do another one so soon

I'm ready to get my mussy blown OUT by these songs. I'm gonna be PERCHED'T on iTunes starting at 11 tonight waiting for this shit. Destroy me, Queen.

Dont waste ur time waiting on iTunes. The 2 songs are having radio premieres worldwide on Beats 1 and BBC Radio 1 on the 12th

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

I just went back on Lana's Youtube account (not Vevo, the one where the original VG video was posted) and got so nostalgic for those old homemade-vibe videos. Something about them is so poignant and almost eerie but they were beautiful. Sad to see she deleted the super cute video descriptions she used to have :(

I love to see her progressing and growing as an artist but that Lana will always feel most familiar to me.

what were her descriptions like?

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

2 more days. I can't believe this. Remember how like, 2 months ago nothing at all happened but now we're getting news mostly everyday.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Remember when we were all calling up our local stores and harrassing employees for news on Lust for Life? Good times :flutter:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

2 more days. I can't believe this. Remember how like, 2 months ago nothing at all happened but now we're getting news mostly everyday.

a JOURNEY

what were her descriptions like?

national anthem had "DOPE CINEMA", carmen had "BIO PIC JOSH RACHLIN THE SWEETHEART THANK YOU TO ALL OF THE BEAUTIFUL FILM MAKERS THAT HELPED MAKE THIS VIDEO." and the film interview had "SHUT UP".

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

My local store has Lfl on pre order and they'll ship it two days before the release date so i'll be vibing to Cherry in the car the 21st at last yass

you better leak it sis