Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I, kinda dig this ! 

I really hope this album comes out before the end of March. I don't want her to leak most of it on her Instagram. It's not the same experience when you know most of the album going into it.

I get what ur saying, but I think as long as the records cohesive and we get a few new songs, the studio versions of course are gonna still give it that new feel. I wonder how much she puts into attention when it comes to how people listen to snippets, and how often, bc imo, Lana makes the best music when she does so for herself, not the fans 

Wished it came out in the winter too 

UV/Honeymoon

The fact that she spends like 6-8 months talking about her album before it finally drops is a joke, sisters. March can't come soon enough. At least we only heard it from one site.... I'm still holdin out hope she isn't a savage and confirms an earlier date UGH

This is totally disproportionate to the amount of certain info but I'd actually just love to see her be a savage and be like sorry not sorry it's coming in April. Ur all gonna have to wait bc that's just how it is. Watch the forum seethe for a while, watch the meltdowns heat the winter season. I'll be drinking cocoa and laughing a bit harder than usual. 

on an another, (more general) note: 

It'll be the holidays, then new years, celebrate some friends birthdays in Jan feb, then end feb w mine. It'll be march and we'll be worrying about spring. That's when I'll get a bit angsty, but hopefully we'll have some news around early march, IF the record's coming at the end of that month. 

I wonder who else'll be releasing music before then and how many leaks we'll get before the record/ round the time the record drops 

UV/Honeymoon

It kind of reminds me of Daddy Lessons by Beyonce lmfao

Lmao I listened to it right now and I get your point

Funny if you consider that "Daddy Lessons" is very Lana title

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

I would love a collab between Lykke Li and Lana. Lykke is super underrated, and she makes sad bops like nobody else. Also they both have a hard past with men, so I don't think the lyrics would be hard to write.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

I would love a collab between Lykke Li and Lana. Lykke is super underrated, and she makes sad bops like nobody else. Also they both have a hard past with men, so I don't think the lyrics would be hard to write.

this is a good idea

giphy.gif

Venice Bitch 37 on Pitchfork List :deadbanana:

''This is Lana doubling down on her Lana-ness: Lana squared, Lana rebooting Being John Malkovich

The album “Venice Bitch” precedes is titled Norman Fucking Rockwell—amid the gentle plucks and bleary solos of rock’s post-hippie comedown. Or maybe she’s just cracking herself up.

Lust For Dead   large.gif

The ONLY artists I want Lana to collaborate with are Dan Heath, Tim Larcombe & Emile Hayne.

Jack Antanoff & Marina & all the other rappers & vocalists can suck a fuck.

Neither Marina (Electra Heart, 2012) nor Lana (Born To Die, 2012) are doing similar cinematic music anymore. I wouldn't have said this in 2012, but art for the sake of fan-service will not age well. Ask Lust for Life.

I think a collab would work if Lana sang in the higher register and Marina sang in the lower register

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

The ONLY artists I want Lana to collaborate with are Dan Heath, Tim Larcombe & Emile Hayne.

Jack Antanoff & Marina & all the other rappers & vocalists can suck a fuck.

Neither Marina (Electra Heart, 2012) nor Lana (Born To Die, 2012) are doing similar cinematic music anymore. I wouldn't have said this in 2012, but art for the sake of fan-service will not age well. Ask Lust for Life.

giphy.gif

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Honestly I miss Dan Heath's work. He brought opulence and richness to Lana's sound. I know Lana has changed and is more laidback with instruments, but I miss the way her stuff used to sound with all the strings.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

how would it sound dated?

Listen to anything Marina’s put out. I like her, don’t get me wrong but all her music already sounds old and she’s only been around about 10 years

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Listen to anything Marina’s put out. I like her, don’t get me wrong but all her music already sounds old and she’s only been around about 10 years

But thats a production fault. If the song was produced by the right person it wouldn't sound dated. (and I think FROOT still sounds fresh but thats my opinion)

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains