Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

My feeling is she might be adding one new song, like Hey Blue Baby since the response was overwhelmingly positive at the December benefit. I think her team and her might want to release both the poetry book together, thus taking more time. It's honestly been too long, though. 

im honestly not here for IMBSFFSH and HBB being on the album. they were cute songs but they don't fit the vibe

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

My feeling is she might be adding one new song, like Hey Blue Baby since the response was overwhelmingly positive at the December benefit. I think her team and her might want to release both the poetry book together, thus taking more time. It's honestly been too long, though. 

That's totally possible but it's been three months since she's performed them..... this is exhausting

(and IMBSFBSH is actually... very weak I'd say)

This is what i'd guess is the meaning of the song HIADTFAWLMTHBIHI....

I was reading Slim Aarons and I got to thinking that I thought
Maybe I'd get less stressed if I was tested less like
All of these debutantes
Smiling for miles in pink dresses and high heels on white yachts
But I'm not, baby, I'm not
No, I'm not, that, I'm not

A debutante was young girls in the UK of rich parents who would be taken to Harrods and paraded around for rich guys to see, they were kind of famous and would go to Buckingham Palace and meet the Royal family etc where rich guys would pick them out to be their girlfriends. Lana could also just mean young celebrities possibly people she thinks are dumb and just happy to get fame and money and go around partying on yachts but she isn't happy just being like that(like other celebrities?).

I've been tearing around in my fucking nightgown
24/7 Sylvia Plath
Writing in blood on the walls
'Cause the ink in my pen don't work in my notepad
Don't ask if I'm happy, you know that I'm not
But at best, I can say I'm not sad
'Cause hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have
Hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have

Here I think she is probably saying she suffers with depression. She is being driven crazy by it as she maybe doesnt understand it and is not happy or sad but numb and hope is dangerous because she may have felt like this for a while and it's not gone away but she hopes it will although the first part of the song seems it's more love related.

I had fifteen-year dances
Church basement romances, yeah, I've cried
Spilling my guts with the Bowery bums
Is the only love I've ever known
Except for the stage, which I also call home, when I'm not
Servin' up God in a burnt coffee pot for the Triad
Hello, it's the most famous woman you know on the iPad
Calling from beyond the grave, I just wanna say, "Hi, Dad"

Here I think she is saying she's had many relatioships but was possibly never really happy as she mentions that the only love she ever knew was with bowery bums(speaking to average/poor people in bars/streets?). Then I think she means her home, the studio and the stage are her 3 homes or where she feels comfortable or safe and then that last part she it could be hinting she has committed suicide and the meaning of that is she has been distanced from her family(her dad only knows her as a famous person he sees on an ipad).

I've been tearing up town in my fucking white gown
Like a goddamn near sociopath
Shaking my ass is the only thing that's
Got this black narcissist off my back
She couldn't care less, and I never cared more
So there's no more to say about that
Except hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have
Hope is a dangerous thing for a woman with my past

Again mentioning she is going crazy, I think the black narcissist could be depression holding her down(on her back) and keeping busy(shaking her ass) is how she deals with it but it could also be like a self destructive part of her personality as I think when she says she couldn't care less but i've never cared more are both her descrbing herself. Like one part of her has given up but the other part she still has hope of things getting better.

There's a new revolution, a loud evolution that I saw
Born of confusion and quiet collusion of which mostly I've known
A modern day woman with a weak constitution, 'cause I've got
Monsters still under my bed that I could never fight off
A gatekeeper carelessly dropping the keys on my nights off

This part I think she is saying she sees other things happening, possibly the womens marches and anti-Trump things(she spoke about them before) she supports people standing up against things that maybe gives her hope with her own struggles and is inspiring to her but she thinks she is still weak and struggling - the song is kind of poem like I think above when she says "Except for the stage, which I also call home, when I'm not" and then in this part when she says "A modern day woman with a weak constitution, 'cause I've got" she is saying "when im not home" and then "cause i've got a weak constitution". The last two lines are her admitting to have problems she still hasn't dealt with and she is possibly setting herself back or sabotaging herself on purpose. "Carelessly dropping the keys on her nights off" may mean when she is not working(nights off) or busy thats when the problems resurface(she drops the keys).

I've been tearing around in my fucking nightgown
24/7 Sylvia Plath
Writing in blood on your walls
'Cause the ink in my pen don't look good in my pad
They write that I'm happy, they know that I'm not
But at best, you can see I'm not sad
But hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have

But I have it
Yeah, I have it
Yeah, I have it
I have

Then the song ends that she still has hope about whatever the problem is will eventually work out.

im honestly not here for IMBSFFSH and HBB being on the album. they were cute songs but they don't fit the vibe

They're really cute and at least we'd get the studio versions of them, so HHB ans SFFSH being on the album is such a good idea

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

The song is probably based on the Sylvia Plath poem Daddy and kind of makes sense if you read that poem a few times.

In that poem Sylvia uses black a few times to describe things like black shoe, black telephone.

I think, for good reason, people got offended because she wasn't talking about a black item, she was referring to a person who is narcissistic, while also calling them black. So I don't get why some fans got mad at other fans for misinterpreting the lyric. If you took the actual meaning of the would narcissist (a person who is narcissistic), black person who is narcissistic doesn't sound right now does it? I mean Lana can do whatever she wants and I'm glad she cleared the air, but you can't be that airheaded to write a lyric like that and not expect something bad to come out of it, unless you're that politically ignorant and don't know what's going on in the world, which is just as bad.

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

I think, for good reason, people got offended because she wasn't talking about a black item, she was referring to a person who is narcissistic, while also calling them black. So I don't get why some fans got mad at other fans for misinterpreting the lyric. If you took the actual meaning of the would narcissist, black person who is narcissist doesn't sound right now does it. I mean Lana can do whatever she wants and I'm glad she cleared the air, but you can't be that airheaded to write a lyric like that and not expect something bad to come out of it, unless you're that politically ignorant and don't know what's going on in the world, which is just as bad.

yea and she seemed annoyed at us after she saw what everyone was saying, like girl that's a you problem we are just trying to understand...

yea and she seemed annoyed at us after she saw what everyone was saying, like girl that's a you problem we are just trying to understand...

I mean, she could have said dark narcissist...

The good sister loves getting annoyed at the world when she can just educate herself properly. If you're unaware of the racism going on nowadays, that's a real problem...

She could have changed:

Shaking my ass, is the only thing that's, got this black narcissist off my back

To something like:

I'll spend the night dancing, instead of romancing, the demons I keep to myself

Like it's not hard to get the same message across and change some words...

I mean, she could have said dark narcissist...

The good sister loves getting annoyed at the world when she can just educate herself properly. If you're unaware of the racism going on nowadays, that's a real problem...

She uses black in other songs though "the blackest day", "black beauty", "black beaches", "out of the black into the blue", "black palm trees", "my black fires burning bright", "you turn my mood from black to blue" and black is whats used by Sylvia Plath in the Poem Daddy which likely has something to do with this song - "The black telephone’s off at the root", "You do not do, you do not do, Any more, black shoe, In which I have lived like a foot", "So black no sky could squeak through", "You stand at the blackboard, daddy," and "Any less the black man who, Bit my pretty red heart in two."

Taylor Swift is rumored to release something in April/May and Lana is supposed to release NFR mid-2019 :facepalm:

Many female singers are releasing later this year. She could still release on a « quiet » week, and yet, I feel she missed her mark by not releasing the damn thing in the winter.

She uses black in other songs though "the blackest day", "black beauty", "black beaches", "out of the black into the blue", "black palm trees", "my black fires turning bright", "you turn my mood from black to blue" and black is whats used by Sylvia Plath in the Poem Daddy which likely has something to do with this song.

Again, the term narcissist refers to a person. Never has Lana called a person black in her songs in a negative way. Black beauty refers to the darker beauty in life, black beaches are an actual thing, black palm trees is referring to Jump in which she spoke about life in black and white, etc. There's no real educated way to say something negative about a person and also call them black in the same sentence. There just isn't sis. Inb4 you mention blackest day or any other songs, again, she's not referring to a PERSON in a negative connotation while also labelling them as black. Those are just the simple facts to life! As I stated, she can write whatever she wants, but she's got to be next level bobble head to think in the current political climate that a line like that will go unnoticed.

Didn’t the press release say the lead single wascoming shortly after Hope? It’s been five weeks and no announcement, but I guess Lana only gives a couple days notice

It said "the first single [is] forthcoming" 

Again, the term narcissist refers to a person. Never has Lana called a person black in her songs in a negative way. Black beauty refers to the darker beauty in life, black beaches are an actual thing, black palm trees is referring to Jump in which she spoke about life in black and white, etc. There's no real educated way to say something negative about a person and also call them black in the same sentence. There just isn't sis. Inb4 you mention blackest day or any other songs, again, she's not referring to a PERSON in a negative connotation while also labelling them as black. Those are just the simple facts to life! As I stated, she can write whatever she wants, but she's got to be next level bobble head to think in the current political climate that a line like that will go unnoticed.

She is talking about herself and she does use black all the time to convey a sad mood. Sylvia in the poem Daddy actually says "black man" but we know she isn't actually talking about a black guy either.

I never once thought she was talking about anyone other than herself in the song and she is the black narcissist.