Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

What do you all expect the title track to sound like?

I was expecting an angry psychedelic, electric guitar affair, but seems like it will be more in the vein of HIAB if it’s near the beginning of the record like her other title tracks.

maybe she’ll « break tradition » and have the track at the end of the record?

Has anyone else already have had the thought that how emotional and seemingly intimate the songs are so far bc of the directness of the record, and it being about a boyfriend that has great capacities for art but also yada yada? 

Everything so far seems so direct and forward, and less about past tense, but more of being current in the now, and I can't help thinking what the other tracks are going to be like. 

MAC's reassuring. VB is passively strong, Cinnamon's flirty. IYC seems encouraging. HiaB seems more self-reflective idk, HtD is when it seems to be all over. Hope seems more like a remnant of feelings. I wonder if it'll end the record. 

When I think of the title track, all I can think of is how she speak sings it in VB

Even though she seems more in touch w her feelings, it's as if she's a more cautious about everything on it, coming from what we've heard so far, not as a confidence thing about the tracks, but from perspective. I wonder what all this means to her atm 

FSiy5w3.giftumblr_nv0881L0Od1s4fz4bo1_500.gifVvJr.gif

All the songs from this record, so far, have haunting chord arrangements. Even Hope (it’s really subtle yet effective).

All the melodies stick in my head for hours.

Also, i’ve Rediscovered MAC over the last few days (VB kinda eclipsed it from my attention): what a fucking good songs! The lyrics are so beautiful and the melody is sublime.

I'm listening to Venice Bitch for like my 20th time at most? (I have self control) and she's pretty cute. Very first week of autumn, smoking weed while raking the leaves in a cute cashmere sweater, turning on the fire place and baking apple crumble, hot cup of tea watching sunset, bath and body works autumn collection of candles. I remember why I like her! But I do think she sounds a lot better in fall than in the middle of winter. Am I the only one who finds some songs sound better in different weather?

Love, lust for life, 13 beaches, cherry, summer bummer, groupie love, heroin, change and maybe even get free all sound incredible at night time. I listened to the whole lust for life album when driving through london city in the dark and those particular songs were just made to be heard at night. Especially love, LFL and cherry, looking up at the sky and seeing all the stars.. wow

I think LFL is the only album of hers that works pretty well at night time. I suppose UV does a little as well but its still more summery to me

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I'm listening to Venice Bitch for like my 20th time at most? (I have self control) and she's pretty cute. Very first week of autumn, smoking weed while raking the leaves in a cute cashmere sweater, turning on the fire place and baking apple crumble, hot cup of tea watching sunset, bath and body works autumn collection of candles. I remember why I like her! But I do think she sounds a lot better in fall than in the middle of winter. Am I the only one who finds some songs sound better in different weather?

no, i'm with you. i also associate certain songs to certain types of weather / times of day & even specific visuals like those you mentioned - she's always been a cinematic queen & imo one of her best qualities is being able to evoke a given mood so vividly. it's also cool bc while certain songs are like, end of summer sunset type songs, i enjoy listening to them in, say, the dead of winter bc they immediately transport you to another season.

All the songs from this record, so far, have haunting chord arrangements. Even Hope (it’s really subtle yet effective).

All the melodies stick in my head for hours.

Also, i’ve Rediscovered MAC over the last few days (VB kinda eclipsed it from my attention): what a fucking good songs! The lyrics are so beautiful and the melody is sublime.

I feel like a lot of credit is owed to Jack for that. He has a pretty incredible knack for melodies.

no, i'm with you. i also associate certain songs to certain types of weather / times of day & even specific visuals like those you mentioned - she's always been a cinematic queen & imo one of her best qualities is being able to evoke a given mood so vividly. it's also cool bc while certain songs are like, end of summer sunset type songs, i enjoy listening to them in, say, the dead of winter bc they immediately transport you to another season.

Same for me! Yesterday, it was so sunny and smelled like spring in the air, and I listened to MAC and VB and it felt completely amazing because it reminded me the first times I listened to the songs in September. And I'm not even a big VB fan. Listening to it while the weather's not sunny does nothing to me. NFR seems to be such a spring album to listen on sunny days, that's why I find sad if it gets released later than March. April is usually rainy. And May is way too hot, the spring comes to its end.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

I shidded and farded and camed my pants

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

How is android trash when the cameras are better, I can download apps outside the appstore without jailbreaking my phone, I can have my headphones in and charge my phone, I have a homebutton, I can download mp3s, mp4s, etc. from my browser, I can torrent, I can add more storage to my phone with an SD card, I can go through all my files like a computer, and my phone doesn't cost thousands of dollars nor break if I breathe on it. Please explain how having how having an iPhone is better, besides being a teenager in highschool who values getting an expensive paper weight in order to just look cool around their friends and in their mirrors selfies with their overpriced crappacino from Starbucks? :what:

Well my entire iTunes library (which is over 100gb) is synced to a cloud so I can listen to anything I want anytime. I have a MacBook and other Apple products so they work seamlessly and they do just that. You can also get insurance on your phone so if it breaks you’re not out a thousand bucks. That’s not too hard to get from a phone provider. They usually have an insurance plan. I’d rather not get viruses in my phone like a computer but if that’s what you like, have your fun

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Well my entire iTunes library (which is over 100gb) is synced to a cloud so I can listen to anything I want anytime. I have a MacBook and other Apple products so they work seamlessly and they do just that. You can also get insurance on your phone so if it breaks you’re not out a thousand bucks. That’s not too hard to get from a phone provider. They usually have an insurance plan. I’d rather not get viruses in my phone like a computer but if that’s what you like, have your fun

never in my life i got a virus on my phone lol these stuff are not common 

I have a cloud too, all my devices work together seamlessly and I can actually access all my files in my computer like my word documents, videos, photos, music, etc. via my cloud, and I have a warranty with phone insurance so I don't have to pay for my phone when it breaks. Also never got a virus. Is there anything else you'd like to add so I can still keep proving androids are better?

never in my life i got a virus on my phone lol these stuff are not common

I think iPhone users tell themselves that so they feel better when they're just buying a really pretty paper weight

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

Same for me! Yesterday, it was so sunny and smelled like spring in the air, and I listened to MAC and VB and it felt completely amazing because it reminded me the first times I listened to the songs in September. And I'm not even a big VB fan. Listening to it while the weather's not sunny does nothing to me. NFR seems to be such a spring album to listen on sunny days, that's why I find sad if it gets released later than March. April is usually rainy. And May is way too hot, the spring comes to its end.

april and may are perfect spring seasons lmao.. what?

it doesnt rain everyday in april, and may isn't too hot either, i think may would be the perfect time to drop the album. its warm enough to associate with the music and it'll stand out among her other albums because she's never dropped an album in spring before

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e