Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

is there something im not getting with the redacteds?

scoop-of-cinnamon-1296x728.jpg

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

can we let this flop so miss thing learns something about leaving us in the dark for 5 months

we know it will flop anyways so...

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

I am not even hyped that much by these news simply because I am not even close to being over Cherry Blossom and Wild One.

Like wow we are actually getting a good amount of material finally.

I know we've only heard a snippet but I lowkey hate it, it sounds lame as hell compared to the original

and I usually love her covers

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

The comments on sublime's account tho..  :rip:

IKR. Naturally, our reaction is positive but the reaction overall is really mixed. :eek:  Withholding full judgment until the entire song comes out, though. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I know we've only heard a snippet but I lowkey hate it, it sounds lame as hell compared to the original

and I usually love her covers

I don't hate it but I'm a bit confused about it.

I stand by my earlier statement that it doesn't make sense to release a cover to tease an album.

Maybe it isn't for the album. In which case, that's even more confusing. Like, did Interscope make her put this out as a compromise because she doesn't want to release a song from NFR? Which is strange af because she's given us snippets of about 5 different ones.

So as I said. Confused. I hope there's a method to the madness.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Like another user mentioned, Jeff Buckley covered Leonard Cohen's song 'Hallelujah' and it ended up being more famous than the original (ugh, Jeff's power <3), and it was used to boost his upcoming album (Grace, 1994). Covers aren't bad, ya'll. I know we were expecting an original song but let's be optimistic here. It definitely has commerical appeal, which will draw attention to NFR not just from locals, but Sublime fans too. This could be a very good thing for Lana.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I think it has to do with the fact that NFR is dragging on and on, and it has no bangers on it like she said. Maybe Doin’ Time was part of it all along, but why choose that song as single has to do with the fact that’s it’s summer, she needs to make a move and release something, and all the other songs teased so far dont feel super Summery.

That’s my explanation for it at the moment. I hope she clarifies things with an interview.

i hope she is using this to create some buzz for the album. i dont expect this to flop at all. i mean hey radio impact! sublime cover!! seems like a bop and already has 430k+ likes. wbk many covers do insanely well... this might just be it as well

SUMMERTIIIIIME

giphy.gif

i just want clarification tho im kinda worried this isnt even gonna be on the album

Why are we calling this a lead single again? There’s been no announcement.

I truly believe there is going to be no lead single, no video premiere, no anything. Lana herself has said she has no plans and wants to just release a couple more songs before the album is released. I think this is just one of those songs.

I think she is just going to throw out this song and maybe one more and just release the album with no hype, no plan, no promo (as usual)... and it is what it is.

This era is messy AF but I’m still anticipating the music, because I know as a whole it is going to slay.

Compared to her other songs from this era, this is baffling. Sounds boppy and fun. I'm just not sure sonically where it fits or what this album is supposed to sound like, since we definitely didn't get the rock inspired guitars with Hope, and this cover doesn't have the piano of HTD or Happiness. Obviously the album is going to be more varied than that but this is upbeat and bright, not the 'sad girl shit' she described and she also promised no bops. . .

3lfQEhw.png