Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

All the award shows are about politics : studio push certain artists and they become the nominees.

Sometimes talent wins, but not all the time. Is she incredible? Of course. Did she deserve Grammy noms before LFL? Hell yeah. But some of her lyrics might have been too controversial for that.

We have yet to hear NFR, but it has a chance. The lyrics aren’t about a tragic girl « glamourizing abuse » like many accused her of in the past, and it is produced by a Grammy winner already. So there’s a chance there.

Although on this one, she’s actually saying he FUCKED HER SO GOOD lololol

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I mean.. reputation still did 256k copies in its second week, so I think the only way to avoid Taylor  is to release after Grammy eligibility ends or to release the week before her. Not sure about other releases though... Lust for life did 107k copies first week and this album will surely do less (so will Taylor's but still) so yeah releasing before her would be the optimal thing to do I think. (For us too that would mean it comes sooner rather than later lol)

That makes sense to release the week before - to at least get a #1.

I guess I'm just confused on how they will release the Ariana/Miley/Lana song AND a lead single for Lana. Feels smarter to spread them apart a bit, but I'm not going to pretend to understand how the music industry works.

I also think the Ariana/Miley/Lana track will be released this Friday. Lana's team might be sloppy, but I doubt Ariana's would let things leak out without knowing and/or having a plan that it will be released sooner than we think.

Still annoys me Kacey Musgraves got a grammy and I never heard of her before in my entire life, nor have I ever heard a single song of hers. 

(No shade, I'm sure she's a nice person but like...who?)

I remember back in 2012, I was really deep in the heavy metal scene and steered away from artists like Lana, but even then I remember her songs having a HUGE impact and everyone was always talking about her.

She actually won a Grammy for her first album too. Best country album. Somehow beat out Red by Taylor Swift which is not really a country album but still lol

Also you're missing out! Golden Hour is a GORGEOUS album.

All the award shows are about politics : studio push certain artists and they become the nominees.

Sometimes talent wins, but not all the time. Is she incredible? Of course. Did she deserve Grammy noms before LFL? Hell yeah. But some of her lyrics might have been too controversial for that.

We have yet to hear NFR, but it has a chance. The lyrics aren’t about a tragic girl « glamourizing abuse » like many accused her of in the past, and it is produced by a Grammy winner already. So there’s a chance there.

So why would they give a Grammy to a semi-retired insta saddie poet wannabe well on her way to becoming a recluse? Someone who's done all that she could to ensure people would not pay attention to her latest album? You have all these artists working their asses off, touring, releasing new music all the time, having big hits, selling very well, doing interviews, attending all these events they're told/encouraged to go to, being active on social media, interacting with their fans and the press, playing nice with people in the industry....and you're gonna give the award to Lana? :eartha:

I wouldn't even count on her to attend.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

i think she’s gonna reveal the track list on the same paper/font as her poetry she’s been sharing

The album cover will be just a scan of that paper with Norman Fucking Rockwell written on it with a butterfly doodle.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

So why would they give a Grammy to a semi-retired insta saddie poet wannabe well on her way to becoming a recluse? Someone who's done all that she could to ensure people would not pay attention to her latest album? You have all these artists working their asses off, touring, releasing new music all the time, having big hits, selling very well, doing interviews, attending all these events they're told/encouraged to go to, being active on social media, interacting with their fans and the press, playing nice with people in the industry....and you're gonna give the award to Lana? :eartha:

I wouldn't even count on her to attend.

She’s becoming an « established name » (the list of people wanting to collab with her -or did it- is getting impressive) and entering her « more mature/ honest » stage of her career, in their eyes. Still young enough to be relevant but not as alien as her debut album. She gained the respect of Many. Plus BTD was discarded by pretty much everyone in the industry... and we all know how legendary it became. So there’s a bit of « overdue » when it comes to Grammy noms. That being said, we’ll see how it turns out.

The cover will be that self portrait she painted crying watercolor tears

serving up Joni Mitchell Laura marling teas

God I hope not. It was only cute IMO.

She’s becoming an « established name » (the list of people wanting to collab with her -or did it- is getting impressive) and entering her « more mature/ honest » stage of her career, in their eyes. Still young enough to be relevant but not as alien as her debut album. She gained the respect of Many. Plus BTD was discarded by pretty much everyone in the industry... and we all know how legendary it became. So there’s a bit of « overdue » when it comes to Grammy noms. That being said, we’ll see how it turns out.

That disgusts me, but I see your point.

I really do hate the music industry. Hate hate. Can't believe it still exists.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

The album cover will be just a scan of that paper with Norman Fucking Rockwell written on it with a butterfly doodle.

The only cover art suggestion I’ve read that actually sounds like it could be true.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

How true this is... deep pressing. I think if she had released NFR at the top of the year this would be even truer. The more I think of it- all the events she was going to, performing at, LAttM just wrapped, face of Gucci guilty, two singles out, the snippets and poetry still fresh- she really was at the top of her game. She might have been signed to do the sublime cover and the Miley Ariana collab around then too. With all that in mind the delay truly makes zero sense to me, she would have had a grammy nomination secured with all the momentum behind her.

locals only

Guys I’m serious if she doesn’t stick to the “album cover with the antique car in the back” tradition I will cry cause that’ll mean something more.

Imagine this bitch takes it in front of a Tesla :lmao:

“You wanted a car in the al boom cover, didn’t u little fuckers”

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

I was chanting Yosemite you stupid binch! 

oh yeah i forgot about tht my bad

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e