Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Her taking inspiration for Venice for the whole album would be cool. It's a cool place and also very gross dirty and ugly. One of my favourite memories is opening the door to a public restroom to somebody smoking out of a crack pipe. Album cover should be her posing outside of her mural on the ellision suites would be meta. 

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

I made some quick artwork on photoshop for my phone for MAC if anyone wants it, it’s the best

https://imgur.com/gallery/ICsbjSp

I think it should’ve been official this way

Edit before everyone starts dragging me (this is a complete joke I’m bored and high rn so I did this out of complete boredom and it’s not meant to be good by any means at all so don’t bitch that it’s the worst thing ever, that’s what it’s supposed to be lol bad)

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I made some quick artwork on photoshop for my phone for MAC if anyone wants it, it’s the best

https://imgur.com/gallery/ICsbjSp

I think it should’ve been official this way

Edit before everyone starts dragging me (this is a complete joke I’m bored and high rn so I did this out of complete boredom and it’s not meant to be good by any means at all so don’t bitch that it’s the worst thing ever, that’s what it’s supposed to be lol bad)

This should have been the cover

This should have been the cover

Thanks I think so too :)

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

i just........ can't imagine having this much of a bad taste

Im just talking facts, im not even hating on it. All im saying is that it's not a particularly interesting genre of music and Lana is too wonderfully weird to be giving it the time of day. I just hope we get much more eery and darker music from her on LDR6

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Im just talking facts, im not even hating on it. All im saying is that it's not a particularly interesting genre of music and Lana is too wonderfully weird to be giving it the time of day. I just hope we get much more eery and darker music from her on LDR6

maybe for you its not interesting, but i love cozy folk fall vibes type of music. not everything needs to be bass, synths, beat heavy, etc. if you want eery and dark music go listen to Hillbilly Eyelash

if you want eery and dark music go listen to Hillbilly Eyelash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEAW136uQYo

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

The whole point of being a stan is sticking with your artist even though there are some differences in your tastes here and there.

But music is literally a product and if you don't like it - don't buy it. You can choose a different product and a different retailer, I don't see anybody yelling in store that they don't like something. Just don't buy it lol. And we both know damn well you'll buy LDR6 anyway so sit your ass down and enjoy this era the best way you can.

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

Mac definitely wasnt lead single material I agree she should of chosen something else, but it works as the perfect intro to an album and that's why I'm excited because it had sounds I was intrigued by but it seemed like her testing this sound out if you get what I mean.

You know I have doubts Venice Bitch will come out on the 18th...I think she’s changed the release date so it’s nearer the album. I don’t really believe it tbh.

Usually, when things are confirmed on a press release, which is the case for MAC and Venice Bitch, things tend to follow according to plan. We’ll bet set on Tuesday. If it is the case, maybe a snippet will be posted tomorrow?

Mac definitely wasnt lead single material I agree she should of chosen something else, but it works as the perfect intro to an album and that's why I'm excited because it had sounds I was intrigued by but it seemed like her testing this sound out if you get what I mean.

Agree. And MAC also has these « end of summer » vibes that are perfect for this time of year. Could be the other reason she chose to release it. Not so sure that the whole album will feel that « beachy ». Venice Bitch will probably have those surfy vibes as well.

That's why MAC is just a buzz single imo. Hope Venice Bitch is a lead tho, its title is too golden to be just another random ass song

Why are people crazy about self-titled albums? I never understood that.

TBH, I hate when artists do that. It's uninspiring, unoriginal and makes the impression that they couldn't think of anything better so were like, this'll do. Yikes.

I mean I think it would be good in this instance where Lana is almost rebranding her entire image. This era feels like a shift from her previous releases so I think it could work effectively...

But I also agree with your statement, Britney and Britney Jean come to mind hahaha.

David Bowden to design all new album promo outlets please. The Paradise boxset he designed is the best physical release Lana has ever put out.

This though! I think we need a BTD/Paradise merch appreciation post... The box set, the 7" picture disc singles, the RSD releases, the remix EP CD's/12"s, the CD singles... Urgh what an era!

I think she tried to bring it back with LFL, like the signed merch and the Love/LFL heartshaped vinyl etc.

Here's to not expecting any merch, lithos, cassettes, box sets at all this era, cos it's all about the music and not the money.

The more I think of it, it's unlikely that the album will be self titled. Imaginer her album/EP discography...

2011 - Lana Del Rey

2012 - Born To Die

2012 - Paradise

2014 - Ultraviolence

2015 - Honeymoon

2017 - Lust For Life

2019 - Lana Del Rey

Unless she's going full circle and announces retirement as Lana Del Rey after this album

What does she mean by “I’m the board” in MAC??? Does she mean “I’m the Lana of Lanaboards” or....

I thought it was boy. Poor me.

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro