Elle

"Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass" Spoken Word Poetry Album - Pre-Release Thread

Holy shit. Here are he lyrics to Salamander 

Get out of my blood, salamander!

I can’t seem to blow off enough steam to get you out of my head.

Soul cycle you to death, run you out of my blood to San Pedro.

And yet, everywhere I go, it seems there you are,

And there I am.

I don’t want to sell my stories anymore, stop pushing me.

Some stories aren’t meant to be sold.

Some words aren’t meant to be told.

I want to leave them underneath the nightstand to be forgotten

or remembered should my thoughts come upon them in the middle of the night after a long beach day.

Or by you, some afternoon, to thumb through by your warm after-work hands.

I love you, but you don’t understand me.

I’m a real poet!

My life is my poetry, my love making is my legacy!

My thoughts are about nothing, and beautiful, and for free.

You see, the things that can’t be bought can’t be evaluated, and that makes them beyond human reach.

Untouchable, safe, otherworldy.

Unable to be deciphered or metabolised.

Something metaphysical,

Like a view of the sea on a summer day,

on the most perfect winding road taken in from the car window.

A thing perfect, and ready to become a part

of the texture of the fabric of something more ethereal

Like Mount Olympus, where Zeus sent Athena and the rest of the immortals plague.

This is such a beautiful poem, quite simple, not as dramatic, but holy shit it all reads so nicely and flows so well. 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

Yes and no.

She has the final word, yes, but iirc Jack had a sound that he thought was fitting for Lana and after listening to it, she liked it. So, whoever sees any problem w NFR, they're both to blame

Well, Jack brought her piano chords, not fully produced tracks. So in the end, Lana was the one deciding how she wanted the album to sound like

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

LPjP.gif

This is a hint!! Yosemite will be on COCC!! We won!

Edit: I quoted the wrong post but everytime Lana mentions Yosemite my brain become a mess

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

I hope these are gonna be pretty revealing. gonna duck out until it's released so I don't read spoilers. Feels so weird this is actually out after so long

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Well, Jack brought her piano chords, not fully produced tracks. So in the end, Lana was the one deciding how she wanted the album to sound like

Regardless, they're both to blame.

Personally, there's no problem w/ NFR. Only that it didn't have Yosemite  :um3:

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

Regardless, they're both to blame.

Personally, there's no problem w/ NFR. Only that it didn't have Yosemite :um3:

Yeah I don’t see any problem either. It’s gorgeous. Excited to hear COTCC. I’m glad Lana and Jack worked together on two musical albums + on two spoken-word albums

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Listened to the first 30 seconds of LA who I am to love you and wow I really enjoyed it and her voice...can't wait to listen to the full audio book tomorrow

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Salamander!! I can't and I won't, I won't read the transcribed words. That snippet though, I couldn't resist. Its damaged, self loathing, like shes talking to herself walking circles in a garden, trying to understand her own reasoning. This is gonna kill me. Exactly 12 hours here on the east coast

Im just excited for all the fan made songs people are gonna create out of these poems, attatched to her best instrumentals omg

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e