Elle

"Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass" Spoken Word Poetry Album - Pre-Release Thread

this is the perfect time to release this thing while so many people are in quarantine and while so many people are anxious and stressed out. this could really ease some anxiety her fans and everyone is feeling right now. literally what is she doing?!

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

She did the same thing during NFR era.

Posting snippet then delete it a few days later.

So, disappointed but not surprised.

AAAAH...so its that old "Give them a taste of honey and then take away the jar quickly" Trick ,  she has been doing.  :P

Not funny Lana.

Bad girl.

giphy.gif

-

What the fuck is her problem. How is every single planned release or announcement marred by some kind of fuck up.  :judgingu3:

I can't even keep up. Is this not happening now or are we just in the dark till it does? I hope her "poetry" does not have some line which may have been written well before COVID-19 that is suddenly very inappropriate or tone deaf. It's almost inevitable with her history.

Lot's of love Lana and be safe. (I always thought it was a bad idea for her to kiss every human that walked down the street)

I just don't really get what was her idea in deleting the posts from her profile, because, like... It's no big deal? She shared the poem for the first time over a year ago. The only new thing was the cover and everybody seemed to love it, it also seems pretty much the final version and I can tell from the vibe of it she personally commissioned the work and liked it. Besides that, no release date, no tracklist, no promises, nada. Why delete it? It had already been shared everywhere, from Twitter to music websites. It's just pretty silly to me. Classic Lana.

Webp-net-resizeimage.gif

I just don't really get what was her idea in deleting the posts from her profile, because, like... It's no big deal? She shared the poem for the first time over a year ago. The only new thing was the cover and everybody seemed to love it, it also seems pretty much the final version and I can tell from the vibe of it she personally commissioned the work and liked it. Besides that, no release date, no tracklist, no promises, nada. Why delete it? It had already been shared everywhere, from Twitter to music websites. It's just pretty silly to me. Classic Lana.

I agree with you.

What is the real big deal ?

Once you post anything online, it is there F-O-R-E-V-E-R ,   no way of erasing it.

The poetry+music book/CD is a great idea. Such a project hasn´t been done in a long time, by any artist (I usually buy these things) ,

only "book-reading" CDs have been made recently. Very diferent.

Perhaps she changed her mind about the book cover. I did mention earlier that the fruits painted on it, look more like "lemons" rather than "oranges".

Some people might think that the Lemon is the sign of something being bad.   No , it is not.  I love lemons. I love lemon tea ! Its a beautiful happy colored fruit.

Full of vitamin C and energy. The sun is yellow too!  Full of life and warmth and energy to give.

Perhaps she changed her mind and now wants to see a "Pineapple" on the book cover  :teehee:

Maybe she changed her mind for another project. (?) 

We artists are always changing our minds about artsy projects. We begin one and after awhile we start getting these wacky ideas about another cool project

and before you know it, we leave some unfinished business behind. Musicians and painters usually have large amounts of unfinished stuff still hidden in boxes.

Take a look at the singer/musician Prince. He literally left us all a "Big VAULT" with more than 1,000+ songs AND Videos in various states of finished/not finished order.

It will take years to really dig into that unreleased material and make it available to the fans. Songs and videos no one has ever seen !

The same thing is happening with Lana Del Rey. 

For those who collect her "demos" and "unreleased" material. Just go and count how many songs you have.  There are hundreds of never finished songs.

I bet she has a "VAULT" at home where she keeps even MORE stuff in it !

-

Perhaps she changed her mind about the book cover. I did mention earlier that the fruits painted on it, look more like "lemons" rather than "oranges".

Some people might think that the Lemon is the sign of something being bad.   No , it is not.  I love lemons. I love lemon tea ! Its a beautiful happy colored fruit.

Full of vitamin C and energy. The sun is yellow too!  Full of life and warmth and energy to give.

Idk why but this is the most positive description of a lemon I've ever heard.

giphy.gif

I don’t why she deleted the two posts... What’s that supposed to mean? Jack posted the cover in his stories, the painter did the same...

However, guys, I don’t think her deleting the posts means everything is scrapped or that she got backlash from it. Didn’t we learn from the NFR pre-release, when snippets got deleted and posted again all the time?

this is the perfect time to release this thing while so many people are in quarantine and while so many people are anxious and stressed out. this could really ease some anxiety her fans and everyone is feeling right now. literally what is she doing?!

agreed. i could use it for sure with how terrible my anxiety has been

~INSTA1.gif

I don't really care if her poetry will be labeled as weak, shallow, dubious, or whichever adjetives we will come up with this time. With THAT voice and that piano, she could be reading a poem about a lonely deformed potato that never made it into a beautiful salad - that would still be her magnum opus, and if it was up to me, she would be awarded with the Nobel Prize in Literature 2020.

@@RormanNockwell see, this is exactly what I was telling you yesterday  :rip:

Whether it's supposed to be a lemon tree I do not know, but it looks like one.

Those tones are yellow, not orange.

It's not a bad painting (of a lemon tree), but I don't love it as a cover for a poetry book. I would've liked something more quirky. It's too generic.

That is all.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Whether it's supposed to be a lemon tree I do not know, but it looks like one.

Those tones are yellow, not orange.

It's not a bad painting (of a lemon tree), but I don't love it as a cover for a poetry book. I would've liked something more quirky. It's too generic.

That is all.

Lana has been settling for generic the past two years, this handbound "poetry" book turned spoken words album is just the latest nonsensical thing we can add to the list. I cannot with this woman sometimes.