Elle

"Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass" Spoken Word Poetry Album - Pre-Release Thread

It's alive!!!!!

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Cover art - 

‘Violet bent backwards over the grass’
an audiobook of poems 
artwork by @erikaleesears 
Music by @jackantonoff

http://instagram.com/p/B-1Rp6ApoYo/

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I've just compiled all of the poems she's shared through Instagram, Twitter, etc. over the months into their own subsection under the Lyrics section if you all would like to review what we have so far x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I'm actually happy that she decided to have music in the background. You can hear in the video she posted today a piano behind her beautiful speaking voice

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

I am disappointed that she has included the music behind it. The DIY creativity that artists could have experimented with.

AH WELL.

Hope it comes soon. Would be good for some quarantine meditation. I am so sure she is putting more effort into this since she wants the Grammy - she's probably resigned herself to never win a pop artist one. 

3lfQEhw.png

Such an unexpected update!!! The album cover is BEAUTIFUL it has to be her best cover  :defeated: And I love all the nuances you can hear in the background of the clip she shared

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

It’s aliiiiiiihihiiiiiive~! :legend: Seeing that the poems will have some kind of background music made me look forward to the book, I don’t think I’d care at all if she wasn’t reading them and just release it at a normal book. :)

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

The only reason I can see why the poetry album would be delayed is BC she decided to go down the Burnt Norton route and make some instrumentals for each poem.

I might be psychic or something lol :oprah:

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

Hope it comes out soon! Gorgeous cover art, love that it’s going to be a bit more than what it was supposed to be.

And is it me, or it feels like a big FU to the Grammy’s, having Jack involved? Like: you didn’t get us a Grammy for AOTY, we’ll get it for Spoken Word Album?