Elle

"Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass" Spoken Word Poetry Album - Pre-Release Thread

I hope her "poetry" does not have some line which may have been written well before COVID-19 that is suddenly very inappropriate or tone deaf. It's almost inevitable with her history.

I'm wearing a mask

24/7

Coughing up my lungs

Quarentine my heart

locals only

I wonder how the spine of the book'll look. What color it'll be. Do u think it'll have its own ribbon bookmark with it? I hope we're getting a physical book. 

I could imagine that on the spine of the book is the lemon/orange tree but you can see some painted person/woman (maybe even Lana) sitting under the tree maybe with a book in her hand. Let's pray for a physical book. And I would love if there would be a  bundle version with a physical version of the spoken word album and the poetry book and something special in it  like some cute pictures or sth like that

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

I could imagine that on the spine of the book is the lemon/orange tree but you can see some painted person/woman (maybe even Lana) sitting under the tree maybe with a book in her hand. Let's pray for a physical book. And I would love if there would be a  bundle version with a physical version of the spoken word album and the poetry book and something special in it  like some cute pictures or sth like that

I'm hoping the actual book, with the cover unwrapped if anything, would be some kind of rich forest green, or a soft shade variant of red.. I always thought soft red spines looked charming on books. and the forest green is just so calming and easily looks timelessly classic. 

I personally don't see a physical cd with it right now, I think some kind of cassettes would lend well to current aesthetics tho.. and I think Lana postal stamps or that sorta thing would look real cute. 

UV/Honeymoon

then we gotta wait for months for her to post

violet bent backwards over the grass

release date on the next leo new moon

xo

L

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/awards/9356981/lana-del-rey-grammys-best-spoken-word-album?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter 

Billboard wonders if Violet... could be her first Grammy win. There's an interesting list of musicians who did win their only Grammy in this category. 

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/awards/9356981/lana-del-rey-grammys-best-spoken-word-album?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter 

Billboard wonders if Violet... could be her first Grammy win. There's an interesting list of musicians who did win their only Grammy in this category.

Unfortunately, in order to win the record needs to actually be released. So good luck, Lana! :toofunny:

3lfQEhw.png

tell me how Ben and Ed launched pop star of the decade yet can't tell Lana to stop fkn around with all of these promised albums and dates in the past few years... its unprofessional at this point 

tell me how Ben and Ed launched pop star of the decade yet can't tell Lana to stop fkn around with all of these promised albums and dates in the past few years... its unprofessional at this point 

lol she probably doesn't care

negAbhB.png

Who is the pop star of decade?!!

This is really witchy

2witchy4me

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif