Elle

"American Standards & Classics" Cover Album - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

She needs to learn to keep her mouth shut unless she’s 100% positive— how many times have people expressed that here h by y now? A 1000 or more? She’s not only unprofessional, she’s rude and discourteous. 

And why not a short note to let the world know it’s not coming today? 

The only reason I’m not upset is because COCC song video and pre order are coming in 2.5 weeks. She probably thought COCC wouldn’t come till summer and that’s why the covers album. Now that we’ll get COCC probably Feb-March covers album will probably come after. I’m sure that’s why she announced it when she did. So, I guess now I’m hoping for COCC Feb-March, then in the rest of 2021/early early 2022 covers album and Iron Gates, and finally late summer/fall 2022 next studio album. If this happens we truly won girls and gays!!! ? 

I personally feel atm it really doesn't matter if this covers album ever appears or not. We have COCC literally round the corner, which I'm more invested in. Plus I feel like IF AS&C does exist it would be either a hit or miss mess. She either delivers a great cover with her own twist that works extremely well (Chelsea Hotel, Doin Time) or butchers them (Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood, The Other Woman) She's never been consistent :hillary:

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

First post :)

Is it plausible that she releases COCC as a double disc ? the second being ASAC of course. 

1 minute ago, Macintosh Manhattan said:

I personally feel atm it really doesn't matter if this covers album ever appears or not. We have COCC literally round the corner, which I'm more invested in. Plus I feel like AS&C does exist it would be either a hit more miss. She either delivers a great cover with her own twist that works extremely well (Chelsea Hotel, Doin Time) or butchers them (Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood, The Other Woman) She's never been consistent :hillary:

I LOOOOOVE The Other Woman !!! Her best cover IMO...

7 minutes ago, Nahime said:

First post :)

Is it plausible that she releases COCC as a double disc ? the second being ASAC of course. 

I LOOOOOVE The Other Woman !!! Her best cover IMO...

Welcome to Lanaboards :wub:

Personally I hate it. Usually I can find a few redeemable elements in some of Lana's weaker tracks but TOW is such a mess. The reverb alone for me and the caked on filters just ruined it. Her vocals sound awful, especially near the end. But that might be due to the production and not her. 

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

1 minute ago, Macintosh Manhattan said:

Welcome to Lanaboards :wub:

Personally I hate it. Usually I can find a few redeemable elements in some of Lana's weaker tracks but TOW is such a mess. The reverb alone for me and the caked on filters just ruined it. Her vocals sound awful, especially near the end. But that might be due to the production and not her. 

Thanks a lot :).

I get your point :). I wasn't familiar with the original song and I can't explain why I love this song so much. The instrumental alone brings so much emotion in me :). 

1 hour ago, RormanNockwell said:

Well someone got hurt cos per Charlie's story they're all at the ER

Watch it be her excuse

Obviously I hope that whoever it is is okay, though

Is that the picture from the other day when people said she broke her arm? I missed that insta so I didn’t see the pic (if there ever was one). I hope it’s not another new injury. 

I think this might end up getting the Violet treatment. I feel like it’s going to come a few months after COTCC with a proper vinyl/cassette/CD/digital release (that is, if it still doesn’t come before COTCC). I don’t think anyone was expecting Violet to be pushed as a major release until she launched the pre-order in July, so I expect the delay of this record to result in something similar!

WTF is the point of releasing an album to apologize for the delay on the album you were supposed to release if you can’t release the apology album on time either?

This year has really soured Lana for me. I’m not saying I won’t support or be excited for COTCC, but I’ve never been so annoyed with Lana as I have been this year, whether it’s her intentionally wearing an ineffective mask, driving recklessly while filming it, not being able to keep her word for anything, or just being messy. Goddamn. 

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

28 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I think this might end up getting the Violet treatment. I feel like it’s going to come a few months after COTCC with a proper vinyl/cassette/CD/digital release (that is, if it still doesn’t come before COTCC). I don’t think anyone was expecting Violet to be pushed as a major release until she launched the pre-order in July, so I expect the delay of this record to result in something similar!

I'm glad we're getting COTCC before this, honestly. I haven't been much of a fan of a lot of her covers, so having a new studio album come first, and then a cover album, will feel like a treat. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

lmao

She should've announced cocc's music video + preorder today with a caption like "couldnt finished the standards album on time but here's a little something for you guys, merry Christmas" but of course that is too much to ask :oic2:

Honestly though I don't care, we know how she is, I mean.... We should just accept it and move on. :lanahairflip2: