Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

4 minutes ago, VioletBunny said:

What if Lana finished COCC but interscope were like ā€˜no this music is too personal and you got too much hate for this in 2012 so we canā€™t release itā€™ which sparked the question for the culture post, where she dropped the 5th september date to try and force interscope to let her release but they never gave in so eventually she gave in and had to delay the album to change everything omgĀ 

Lana at Interscope

Ā 

vUYwxSQ.gif

12 minutes ago, drugsandroses said:

I actually love the Honeymoon cover, I think it's one of her best but they fucked it up with that huge ass font.

tf her honeymoon cover is one of her best covers

14 minutes ago, VioletBunny said:

What if Lana finished COCC but interscope were like ā€˜no this music is too personal and you got too much hate for this in 2012 so we canā€™t release itā€™ which sparked the question for the culture post, where she dropped the 5th september date to try and force interscope to let her release but they never gave in so eventually she gave in and had to delay the album to change everything omgĀ 

Ā 

My guess is that when she wroteĀ the question for the culture she thought she could film that music video sooner but then it had to be postponed. I'm sure they all want to release the album alongside a quality mv

1 minute ago, Venice Peach said:

I know the word Chemtrails is literally in the title but I really don't like the planeĀ aesthetics so I hope for no planes in the cover or videos

much better than the tractor & chickens aesthetics

i think the september 5th date got changed a long time ago, the initial plan was a surprise release thenĀ either lanaā€™s management forced her to go theĀ high budgetĀ route to help with promotionĀ or she just had a burst of creative energy

Ā 

i hope the rollout will be like honeymoonā€™s

- lead single will be out in a week or two

- pre-order, album cover and tracklist at the end of the month

- music video for cocc out a week before the release in mid octoberĀ 

i love you, but you don't understand me.

2 hours ago, #glimmeringdarling said:

Itā€™s sensitive, universal, viral and almost problematic

The definition of camp! I think itā€™s a much better choice thanĀ White Hot ForeverĀ 

āŠ¹ (:Ģ²Ģ…:Ģ²Ģ…:Ģ²Ģ…[Ģ²Ģ…:ā™”:]Ģ²Ģ…:Ģ²Ģ…:Ģ²Ģ…:Ģ²Ģ…) āŠ¹Ā 

š“Š”Ā I took the miracle move on drugĀ š“Š”

āš•ļøĀ The effects were temporaryĀ āš•ļø

1 minute ago, new gods said:

i think the september 5th date got changed a long time ago, the initial plan was a surprise release thenĀ either lanaā€™s management forced her to go to high budgetĀ route to help with promotionĀ or she just had a burst of creative energy

Ā 

i hope the rollout will be like honeymoonā€™s

- lead single will be out in a week or two

- pre-order, album cover and tracklist at the end of the month

- music video for cocc out a week before the release in mid octoberĀ 

Release dates getting pushed back is pretty normal, especially now with the pandemicĀ 

4 minutes ago, Miss Doing Nothing said:

It would be one of the first high quality/ budgetĀ videos in the pandemic. Thatā€™s so cool!

Cardigan was high budget, but mostly bc all the sets were built on a sound stage. Chemtrails seems to be much more cinematicĀ 

š“Š”Ā I took the miracle move on drugĀ š“Š”

āš•ļøĀ The effects were temporaryĀ āš•ļø

Ok good morning and holy fucking SHIT???

I am so happy we finally got confirmation and news on the album from the LANA herselfĀ :oprah:

this ignited my excitement and gave me hope since she's actually working on it and can we talk about the BUDGET?Ā she's not playing games this era and I'm LIVINGĀ :justride2:

zv4Hf7L.png

I know Iā€™m team SeptemberĀ 5thĀ 4thĀ :mj2:Ā but I do love comingĀ prepared, and I agree with what @new godsĀ said, so hereā€™s a hypotheticalĀ schedule that we can maybe look forward to:

Ā 

second or thirdĀ week of September Ā - Let Me Love You Like a Woman released as leadĀ single, maybe with a music video?Ā 

fourth week of September - album cover, tracklist, pre-orderĀ 

Ā 

second week of October - promotional single released, maybe the title trackĀ 

Ā 

third week of October; October 15thĀ - music video for title track released in the morning with album being released October 15th atĀ 9 PM PST / October 16th at midnight EST

Ā 
Ā 

I was thinking about it and the way she worded it in the IG video today, it made it seem like LMLYLAW and the COTCC video would be released before the album comes out. Thatā€™s okay, though!

Ā 

For all of us who were ready for September (and lemme just say that we shouldnā€™t be quick to rule it out completely until the 4th and 5th pass, Iā€™m just throwing this out there for caution! :lanahairflip:) - on the bright side, at least weā€™ll have more content related to this album compared to the swift surprise release we were thinking it would be! Not that the latter was bad at all, but I think we can all agree that more LDR content is always better! :)Ā 

Ā 

Ā