Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

1 hour ago, uvbabe said:

So I dreamed that it was already march 18th and we were just hours away from COCC release. Woke up feeling mad and disappointed. 

Wow I'm so sorry thats such a betrayal.

Your mind-:thankyou:

Your reality-:wtf:

(Just the realization it was a dream, not your whole life, which I hope is blessed and beautiful always :kiss2:)

10 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

my ranking for now

1. Dealer

2. Yosemite

3. Dark but just a game

4. Not all who wander are lost

5. Cocc

6. Wild at heart

7. Tjf

8. White dress

9.Lmlylaw

10. Flopping Slowly

11. For Flop

Flopping Slowly & For Flop:thumb3:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

omg @Lentilus that's such a good idea i think i'll do that too! - also still can't decide if i should listen to it at midnight first or when i wake up in the day

when i listened to nfr it was at midnight and it was kinda lame because i was soo tired, maybe ill just wait until i wake up, do my hair all nice, throw on a pretty dress and grab a glass of wine and a joint and make a whole experience of it, i think that'll be better, im so excited :beyonce:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I'm calling it.... Not All Who Wander Are Lost and Wild At Heart will be the highlights. I had already claimed NAWWAL based on the title alone, but her description from the MOJO interview only further solidifies it as my most anticipated. :defeated:

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

7 minutes ago, EndlessSummer said:

I hope theres a song like FIILY on the album

DfFzXZyUwAEPKsd.jpg

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

42 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

omg @Lentilus that's such a good idea i think i'll do that too! - also still can't decide if i should listen to it at midnight first or when i wake up in the day

when i listened to nfr it was at midnight and it was kinda lame because i was soo tired, maybe ill just wait until i wake up, do my hair all nice, throw on a pretty dress and grab a glass of wine and a joint and make a whole experience of it, i think that'll be better, im so excited :beyonce:

YESSSS, Honestly, I had so much fun doing an album a day thing for NFR. You will too! It's so worth it! and ummmm, personally, I'm a morning person, so I'm def not gonna listen to it at midnight! Friday midday after my workout will be my choice of listen!:gurl::gurl::gurl::pussypower: 

@HighbytheSea And then into the night with some, one too many drinks while logging on to LB:dance:

I guess it'll go like:

1) White Dress. From what we've heard, it seems to be outstanding, a career highlight. I love the lyrics we've got, I love the length, I love the theme. And I've decided not to listen to it before the album so it'll be all the more spectacular in context.

2) Tulsa Jesus Freak. I absolutely loved the snippet we got, it's just so good. It's also going to be a bit of fresh air to have a slightly more urban track. This one I already know is going to be excellent.

3) Not All Who Wander Are Lost. That one screams introspection and serenity. The title is eventful, the production seems great.

4) Yosemite. I've been craving for that song for such a long time. There's a good chance it's not that good, but still, I have relatively high hopes, to which the length and instruments have recently contributed.

5) Wild at Heart. That's a title I always hoped she would use. The original instruments helped build up my expectations.

6) Chemtrails Over The Country Club. I like it a lot, but unfortunately I genuinely can't see what makes it so special, and I had expected something less piano-driven and repetitive from the moment we heard the title.

7) Dark But Just A Game. The theme seems cool, although I don't like the title that much.

8) Dance Till We Die. I'm not a fan of the credits, but I still think it'll be good.

9) Breaking Up Slowly. I feel like we've already got the whole song, which is why I think it's going to be a bit spoiled when it comes out. Still, I liked the live version.

10) Let Me Love You Like A Woman. It's honestly just okay.

11) For Free. I often don't like her covers that much, and although I know neither the original song nor her live version, the fact that all of you seem not to like it does not make me excited.

I think we're about to witness an actual cultural reset though.

I won't listen to COTCC at midnight as well...I think I will listen to it at midday with a nice drink. After that I'll listen to the album again while taking a walk & smoking some cigarettes 

Then I'll finally log into LB to celebrate with y'all while listening to the album again :understand:

So excited for this album...from what we know so far it definitely could be one of my faves along with UV & HM :godlaugh:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

1 hour ago, Pico Boulevard said:

I won't listen to COTCC at midnight as well...I think I will listen to it at midday with a nice drink. After that I'll listen to the album again while taking a walk & smoking some cigarettes 

Then I'll finally log into LB to celebrate with y'all while listening to the album again :understand:

So excited for this album...from what we know so far it definitely could be one of my faves along with UV & HM :godlaugh:

I'll be in LA when it drops, so I'm gonna wait until just before sunrise and then I'll go listen to it on the balcony with a friend while we ***** and drink :smokes: 

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

my ranking based on what we know so far of the songs...this is obviously really hard! my rankings here would indicate "meh" feelings about COCC and LMLYLAW but i looove those songs– am just anticipating being obsessed with the album as a whole, so hard to rank them. likewise i love the TJF snippet...wonder how accurate this will end up being for me though.

1. wild at heart

2.white dress

3.. not all who wander

4.. breaking up slowly

5.. COCC

6. yosemite

7. dark but just a game

8. LMLYLAW

9. TJF

10. dance til we die

11. for free (love the song, love that she's covering it, but covers will always rank lowest when im ranking other original songs ive never heard)

aOaIzH2.gif

37 minutes ago, Lentilus said:

@HighbytheSea And then into the night with some, one too many drinks while logging on to LB:dance:

This is not a prediction but an actual verified fact my friend! Recycling is gonna hate me the next day from the celebration that will be COCCday. Its gonna be a 25 hr party that starts with champagne and ends with whatever the Hobbits drink from Lord of the Rings-because Not all Who Wander is gonna knock me tf out.

1 hour ago, HighbytheSea said:

Wow I'm so sorry thats such a betrayal.

Your mind-:thankyou:

Your reality-:wtf:

(Just the realization it was a dream, not your whole life, which I hope is blessed and beautiful always :kiss2:)

You're so sweet. Hope your life's blessed too :kiss:

I think I'll listen to the album for the first time in my living room, at midnight, with a box of chocolate and wine. Then I'll go to the yard to smoke. Feeling v unhealthy compared with y'all. 

5 minutes ago, conceptart47 said:

Do you guys listen to a new record with people around? I need complete isolation, noise cancellation, and a hazy IPA or a Moscow Mule by my side. Then I feel free to laugh, cry, be vulnerable, process, and judge the music. 

5-CF9-C7-F0-E0-B5-432-A-B43-A-FBAFCFEE53

I isolate as well! Give myself a chance to feel completely submerged and succumb to the inevitable emotional breakdown that will come post-listen. After the first listen I’ll smoke a joint or two, and go into the experience again. Seriously cannot wait!

19 minutes ago, HighbytheSea said:

This is not a prediction but an actual verified fact my friend! Recycling is gonna hate me the next day from the celebration that will be COCCday. Its gonna be a 25 hr party that starts with champagne and ends with whatever the Hobbits drink from Lord of the Rings-because Not all Who Wander is gonna knock me tf out.

RELEASE DAY IS GONNA SERVE!!!! :trisha:

9 minutes ago, conceptart47 said:

Do you guys listen to a new record with people around? I need complete isolation, noise cancellation, and a hazy IPA or a Moscow Mule by my side. Then I feel free to laugh, cry, be vulnerable, process, and judge the music. 

I prefer to listen by myself first and just let the emotions hit my like a yellow school bus!!!  

Image result for regina george hit by bus gif

1 hour ago, conceptart47 said:

5-CF9-C7-F0-E0-B5-432-A-B43-A-FBAFCFEE53

me and my best friend ALWAYS get high before listening to any album we're excited for. its just our thing.

giphy.gif

11 minutes ago, fucksforever said:

me and my best friend ALWAYS get high before listening to any album we're excited for. its just our thing.

my favorite way to listen to a new album! I usually get home from work, smoke a bowl, and then when midnight hits I get lost in whatever record I am excited to listen to 

8 hours ago, FallingCherry said:

sorry but... what was even the point of bringing Billie Eilish here? She listens to classics like The Beatles (her favourite musicians), and she loves jazz too, so you’re not even making a point... Please, let’s just stop comparing female artists that have their own universe once and for all

Billie is constantly compared to Eyelash, and saying she listens to The Beatles isnt really saying much. you have to be living under a rock to not know/like at least a handful of their songs. Being well versed in the classic artists Lana is shows so much more rich knowledge for her to bring to her craft, thats why Eyelash's music can't hold a candle to lanas, in 20 years from now Billie's abums will sound like experimental fad type music from the 2020's, and Lana's will continue aging like fine wine and can be placed next to the greats music and it will fit in just fine