Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

1 minute ago, GetFree said:

why do you think so? I think it’s her best

I agree. On headphones, as others noted just above, it's incredible, all the little additions and subtleties you pick up. I love the early trip hop LDR, but this production is immaculate.    

2 minutes ago, recklessdaughter said:

I’ve heard the song Chemtrails. You and I already even discussed Joni songs it was similar to. I was just using two songs to ask what the vibe of the album had. It was supposed to be a straight-forward question. And those two Joni songs don’t even sound anything alike. You’re probably thinking of Coyote, not Hejira. Anyway, this conversation is going nowhere. You don’t understand Lana/Joni comparisons, while I’ve seen them since BTD, so I don’t expect us to see eye to eye here.

Spoiler

you seem fun :awk:

By the way, thanks for that, on the way, I'll pray for ya
But you'll need a miracle
America

18 minutes ago, recklessdaughter said:

No I didn’t.
I asked between two songs that happen to be title tracks (that don’t even represent their albums very well). I even explained I meant the songs. I never asked which album it was more like, I don’t expect it to sound just like any album by anybody tbh. What makes Lana and Joni so similar has never been what they sound like. I only asked if the album was more atmospheric and folky or upbeat and country. 

gorl. what’s with the font?

we need to know what’s up with the font.

girl.

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

2 minutes ago, peachlipgloss said:

the way i still have not listened to any leak or snippet :crai: 5 days besties

:hype: I can’t wait! I have no idea what this album has in store for us 

AstonishingPoisedFruitfly-size_restrictetumblr_n4u8spzSeQ1trmnojo1_500.gifv

Just now, GetFree said:

why do you think so? I think it’s her best

i HATE folklory/country/soft sounds on an album especially when it's lana (the singer that gave productions like the 'born to die' and 'MTWBT' ones) 

not to mention that so many melodies reminds me of her past era -_-, many songs sounded like NFR balads melodically , many songs felt like NFR rejections/demos

2 minutes ago, recklessdaughter said:

I’ve heard the song Chemtrails. I was using two songs to ask what the vibe of the album had. It was supposed to be a straight-forward question. And those two Joni songs don’t even sound anything alike. You’re probably thinking of Coyote, not Hejira. Anyway, this conversation is going nowhere. You don’t understand Lana/Joni comparisons, while I’ve seen them since BTD, so I don’t expect us to see eye to eye here.

Great. You're right, I meant 'Coyote' and 'DJRD.' Then, in that capacity, COCC the album is more like 'Hejira' the song. 

4 minutes ago, peachlipgloss said:

the way i still have not listened to any leak or snippet :crai: 5 days besties

We're in this together bestie :party: it will be worth it!! 

13.04.2018 Rome - Lana wore my hat! 

Dying by the hand of a foreign man, Happily
Calling out my name in the summer rain, Ciao amore

7 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Great. You're right, I meant 'Coyote' and 'DJRD.' Then, in that capacity, COCC the album is more like 'Hejira' the song. 

Thanks. That’s all I was asking. More people have said this too, so I hope I’m not let down. After all, quite a few songs on Folklore got that comparison and none of the songs were like that song at all. (Sometimes I fear people just compare everything to the most well known Joni songs/albums, instead of diving deep into her discography)

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

Chemtrails may be her most critically acclaimed album right after NFR. I do wish though that Neils cover or the cover with the horses was the one printed on the entirety of raving reviews about COCC instead of the group picture. I wouldn’t want the cover to be detrimental to the actual album, but who knows if they take these into consideration. AOTY 2022

giphy.gif

22 minutes ago, imenos said:

the production of this album is her worst one, i am so so deceived 

Spoiler

It’s patchy in some places but overall I find it more interesting then NFR in a lot of places. I think it’s a little more diverse with parts like the bridges and structures. Some songs on NFR although were great felt like they were dragging almost.  

Yes the lyrics are a little too similar in some places ‘no candle in the wind’ ‘we did for free free’ ‘ I’m just so strange and wild’ they seem rehashed, but honestly this is  probably Lana’s way of connecting songs and creating something  uniform across her music so I don’t mind it.  

Also a reminder - Eclipse doesn’t work for the Rolling Stones or Pitchfork so I’d not get too upset by it. Not an attack on him but his opinion is worth the same as everyone else’s so It doesn’t bother me personally.  I have a saying,  opinions are like assholes everyone has one. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

18 hours ago, blackestday89 said:

Hide contents

dtwd is not my favorite song, but i keep it on the tracklist. for flop and flopping up slowly I would like to kick it out. I replace them with "roses bloom for you" and "i talk to jesus"

Spoiler

I am warming up to dtwd and will keep it, but the others I have deleted. I will definitely be adding I Talk to Jesus to replace one of the others.

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

5 minutes ago, recklessdaughter said:

Thanks. That’s all I was asking. More people have said this too, so I hope I’m not let down. After all, quite a few songs on Folklore got that comparison and none of the songs were like that song at all. (Sometimes I fear people just compare everything to the most well known Joni songs/albums, instead of diving deep into her discography)

Spoiler

I agree about Folklore--I really don't understand that album title at all.

NFR! was said/thought by many to be 'folk' or 'folk-like,' but I didn't find it to be so except possibly 'Bartender.' However, I do thing the folk tag works for some of COCC, especially 'Yosemite.' It is a mediative album, but it doesn't have the lyrical depth or scope of 'Hejira' the album--which is no insult to LDR, since I'm sure we agree that Hejira is almost unparalleled in terms of lyrics and vision. However, 'Yosemite' is very intensely emotional in a quiet, almost spooky way. I find it unlike anything else she's ever done. You have a lot to look forward to and I look forward to your thoughts on it. 

okay so the

wild at heart thing with how to disappear is interesting bc she mentions joe in both songs. i think it was intentional clearly but not to be lazy but to show cohesion between the two songs-- like "this is a continuation"

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Just now, gsnlp said:
  Hide contents

so, just add ITTJ, Living Legend and Thunder to my Chemtrails and I actually think they fit

I do that routinely. I make my own version of LDR's albums, especially UV and LFL. 

13 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

he’s also upset about the delay and Lana not being sure about the album.

You know what this made me think of just now? Being unsure could take on many meanings: she was unsure if it was complete, she was unsure of her vocal takes, etc. So I thought it would be a really nice treat for her fans if she did a deluxe re-release with some demos or previous versions of the songs that show the direction she wanted to go, and then ultimately what she chose for the final record. She would make SO much coin from the fandom. Manifest ladies :legend: :angie:

there's really going to be competition for worst taste award at the lipsters this year :creepna:

2 minutes ago, HydroponicWeeds said:

okay so the

Hide contents

wild at heart thing with how to disappear is interesting bc she mentions joe in both songs. i think it was intentional clearly but not to be lazy but to show cohesion between the two songs-- like "this is a continuation"

Spoiler

i think the connection between the two is so interesting, it doesn't strike me as lazy, and there's enough of a difference between the two songs i didn't realize it was a sample at first. chemtrails is so subtly and with WAH less subtly tied to NFR yet so strikingly different, they truly are very different but connected siblings

sUcVobB.png