Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

i'm past the period of time where i wake up and hope that she hasn't posted anything on her insta and now i'm in the era where i'm begging her to post something about COCC

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

lana should do some cryptic shit like twenty one pilots was doing few days ago. We would've been sooooo entertained for weeks making theories...

but we are talking about Lana Del Rey, a lazy woman with a lazy team 

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

i love when she does random shit like the honeymoon hotline

402c45f91d3a171ec632722c3265cdb08fcd44d8

i hope we get something different like that again!

so i just called the honeymoon hotline and now it is playing a small clip of california! did we know this already or am i behind? i last remember it playing american

Edited by violets

i love when she does random shit like the honeymoon hotline

402c45f91d3a171ec632722c3265cdb08fcd44d8

i hope we get something different like that again!

so i just called the honeymoon hotline and now it is playing a small clip of california! did we know this already or am i behind? i last remember it playing american

I think we've known about that.

Honeymoon hotline was a great surprise and addition to the iconic era, we really need something like that again!

i feel like we say this every year

And she never does anything on her birthday regarding music.

I’m torn between wanting a new single from her and not wanting to hear anything before the album.

The fact that there were actually people that listened to the full album through the casette leak because they couldn't wait another 2 days was the funniest part

yeah i did it... i was on this dumbass trip to a university and no one would pick me up so i could leave early, it was the only moment of joy i had in the shitty ass uni hall bedroom  :creep:

And she never does anything on her birthday regarding music.

I’m torn between wanting a new single from her and not wanting to hear anything before the album.

No sshhhh; she's DOING something on her birthday. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I don't see what's so important about this over romanticized view of the "first album listening experience". Like what does it matter? Good music is good music whether you hear it for the first or the hundredth time, it makes no difference what quality you hear it in first. What does matter is that the curiosity is quenched, you spend months and months waiting for the music, you want to hear what it's like....and guess what? You will get the same answer even if you listen in 64 kbps or 320 kbps. It really does not matter at all, or make a difference. In fact when you hear it in LQ first then in HQ, you get to enjoy it in it's full glory a bit later and still have that (to me meaningless) "first time listening experience" the first time you hear it in the overhyped 320 kbps. People who makes such a big deal about something not being totally HQ baffle me. We have so many of her leaks in LQ only. Does that make us not enjoy the songs? No! We still love them.

I don't see what's so important about this over romanticized view of the "first album listening experience". Like what does it matter? Good music is good music whether you hear it for the first or the hundredth time, it makes no difference what quality you hear it in first. What does matter is that the curiosity is quenched, you spend months and months waiting for the music, you want to hear what it's like....and guess what? You will get the same answer even if you listen in 64 kbps or 320 kbps. It really does not matter at all, or make a difference. In fact when you hear it in LQ first then in HQ, you get to enjoy it in it's full glory a bit later and still have that (to me meaningless) "first time listening experience" the first time you hear it in the overhyped 320 kbps. People who makes such a big deal about something not being totally HQ baffle me. We have so many of her leaks in LQ only. Does that make us not enjoy the songs? No! We still love them.

Wait did anything leak? 

and I mean, with every first time, the anticipation's still there, u don't know what to expect and it's exciting. there's a mental aspect to it that does a lot. and it's special for a lot of people. the kbps is a matter of self-control tho imo 

/

I really think it'd be a lot more realistic to expect things in July or something. feels like it's a bit too soon for anything music related this month 

UV/Honeymoon

I was very « first time listening experience »and anti-leaks until NFR. I never had any « defining » first listens of her albums. Sure, a couple of her songs brought me to tears the first time I listened to them, but they would have no matter how I would have heard them the first time, and I never go to a specific setting outside my house for a first listen. NFR came out just when I was getting back to work after the summer vacation, and the HQ leaks happened just before the rush of going back, so it suited me better to listen to the leaks instead of experiencing NFR while getting prepared to go to work (nothing very emotional there). In a way, the leaks « dulled out » my over excitement. However, I listened to one or two leaks from the cassette recording... and they were painful AF. There’s lq and lq. The whole production sounded like a mess and she sounded as if she was under water.

I need a time travel atm and come back to tell you what I heard. And this biatch is still muted on social, come on girl give us a glimpse

[Hold me, love me, touch me, lanadel.gif

honey, be the first who ever did]

For me, I'd rather not listen to a shitty recording of an album on tape for the first time. I wanna hear it and be surprised by lyrics or instrumentals and analyze the entire record as a whole project. Singles really have no purpose anymore, especially for artists like Lana who's not a single/radio artist, she's an album artist. You can't tell me the NFR single rollout wasn't weird. Let's drop 2 random tracks almost a year before the album, then a random piano ballad in January, then a random cover, and then a few weeks ahead, let's do another double release??? What sense does that make, just put the damn album out if you're going to release almost half of it before it's out. 6/14 is *almost* half. I hate that. Lana has fans, she doesn't appeal to most people with just a single. Someone might listen and like it, but it's not going to be your average "Oh, play that new Lana track, I wanna pop my pussy to her" party track. Most who know Lana know it's never going to be like that with her, it's going to be chill, weird music which is what's so unique about her. Other artists need those singles bc otherwise, nobody knows who they are. In the pop world, singles are very important to new artists or artists who haven't released anything in a while. Lana, on the other hand, just released an album a year before this new one. There's really no need to prelude it with singles right now. 

Also, as an audiophile, low quality shit ruins the surprise and the surprises of different instruments or even synth or tron. I'd much rather be able to pick everything out with the first listen and take it all in in the best quality bc well... i'm selfish and my headphones work best with good quality shit

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole