Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

I feel like (knock on wood) the public is done trashing her. Her controversy will hopefully be forgotten

Lol nothing is ever forgotten on the internet. Especially in regards of Lana critics love to bring up basically her entire career and not so seldom her private life. And this time it won't only be critics. Her post gained a lot of momentum. As soon as new music comes out, the last thing people remember her for is the controversy surrounding the video of the looters and then ultimately before that was her post. So either way people are curious in what way the album fits into the narrative of it all or just want to see her fuck up again. If anything I hope it sheds some clarity where she is coming from. Because while I understand her frustration of not being able to do as she wants (playing it safe ig), it just appeared out of the blue. More so if you look at all the praise NFR! received. To a lot of people it looks like the Grammy nomination and praise got to her head. But on the other hand it just could be that the same nomination and praise is what made her snap. I wanna see that album come out on September first, then we'll see afterwards the reactions :whatever2:

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

that was a bad take from creyk, but i don't feel like going into why the first time listening can be so important or special

it was a weird flex

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

that was a bad take from creyk, but i don't feel like going into why the first time listening can be so important or special

It can literally make or break a song in your mind, and that's all that needs to be said.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I keep thinking she's gonna drop a "St. Tropez (party girl)" type of song on the new album, I can dream. 

Bitch I would die, it's in my top three trinity of fav Lana songs ever :defeated: Let's manifest this concept

ZKcaooE.png

idk where this discussion even came from but for me my head is literally empty when i listen to an album for the first time, like, my mind does Not process the first listen. listening to casette girl's recordings of NFR like twice before listening to NFR in HQ got me used to the songs n made the entire first HQ listening experience better for me, cause I haven't heard the album officially yet, but I can actually process the songs on ""first listen"". snippets do the same for me.

qfrWuBl.png

apparently adele is dropping september 4 we-

And now we finally completed the unholy "discussions we have in each pre-release thread" trinity.

1. She will retire after this era for sure.

2. She will give us something on her borthday FoR SuRe

3. Some other big artists releases on the same date

Cheers everyone!

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

And now we finally completed the unholy "discussions we have in each pre-release thread" trinity.

1. She will retire after this era for sure.

2. She will give us something on her borthday FoR SuRe

3. Some other big artists releases on the same date

Cheers everyone!

lol swear. a “big” artist dropping something around her date has never stopped her before. but omg i feel like i’m in a time loop with these pre release threads. i’ve witnessed this from when i was 19 to now (5 years) and it’s always the same rollout. sissies we know that everything with lana is unpredictable at this point right??? :hooker:

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

I honestly don't believe it's coming in September. 

This is based on reasons both real and imagined

ETA: She should drop it and then do a tour of countries that are relatively covid-free, like oh .... Australia. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

apparently adele is dropping september 4 we-

1- is this Adele date confirmed? She was supposed to drop her album two years ago, so...

2- after NFR going to number 3 ont its first week, and with all of her albums doing well over time on streaming platforms, maybe there’s a chance Interscope gave up on a number 1 album from her? And at this point, who cares for number 1s? Fans care for a good album, not so much about sales.

3- I believe in the Sept 4-5 date, but Interscope could decide to postpone it. So 50-50? If a single drops in the next weeks (not sure about that either), it will confirm the date, I guess. Anyone feels like COCC is kinda a « vanity project », not made for commercial success? Especially if there’s no single?

1- is this Adele date confirmed? She was supposed to drop her album two years ago, so...

2- after NFR going to number 3 ont its first week, and with all of her albums doing well over time on streaming platforms, maybe there’s a chance Interscope gave up on a number 1 album from her? And at this point, who cares for number 1s? Fans care for a good album, not so much about sales.

3- I believe in the Sept 4-5 date, but Interscope could decide to postpone it. So 50-50? If a single drops in the next weeks (not sure about that either), it will confirm the date, I guess. Anyone feels like COCC is kinda a « vanity project », not made for commercial success? Especially if there’s no single?

Yes! My thoughts exactly. I think it will be similar to Honeymoon. Very little promotion, maybe one single, quick release after the single.

And I know Adele is supposed to release something in September, but I doubt it’ll be an album. She’ll probably release a single first, and I don’t think a single can block Lana in the charts, not that it matters anyway.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

What are your favourite side-by-side tracks? As in, they are best listened-to as a pair.

I really love MAC/VB, Cola/Body Electric and MPG/FMWUTTT,

Lately I‘ve been digging Cherry/Serene Queen. It just indicates so well how rather „witchy“ LFL could have been; like the trailer suggested

Also Looking for America/the greatest

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

Yes! My thoughts exactly. I think it will be similar to Honeymoon. Very little promotion, maybe one single, quick release after the single.

And I know Adele is supposed to release something in September, but I doubt it’ll be an album. She’ll probably release a single first, and I don’t think a single can block Lana in the charts, not that it matters anyway.

The title of the album alone doesn’t scream « commercial success » at all. With what she said in her first « controversial » post, it really feels like it’s gonna be her vision, period. And if it does come out in September, it seems like a good compromise with her record company, in a way: many « post-pandemic » records or recorded during it feel more personal, not so much marketed towards commercial success and NFR is still fresh, so she can dwelve into more personal territories, with a smaller scope (like her poetry books also).

The fact that there were actually people that listened to the full album through the casette leak because they couldn't wait another 2 days was the funniest part

Same and the fact that they were dying over the songs :deadbanana: 

I was thinking about this yesterday but the opposite. They need to give her No. 1 albums! But not for the sake of sales, it just adds a lot to her relevance or whatever. They always somehow make her release during difficult weeks. We all know she does amazing numbers, it's just that she has a lot of competition.