Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

why do a lot of us assume that COCC will be some "mature" record, like NFR (mature in the eyes of critics and the public, obviously, something lana clearly noticed herself)? what i got from that entire insta rant was essentially her saying, i am going back to what i used to do. and id assume fiery lyrics will come with a fiery production, not some "turn and leave on in the living room" type music (how lana described NFR). what do you guys think ?

I love COCC as a title because it has the potential to be an album with a whole concept but we know it won't be because Lana is a lazy fuck. WHF on the other hand I hate.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

everyone join hands and pray. Tonight we are manifesting Neil Krug as the photographer for Chemtrails! we have suffered for too long at the hands of ch*ck gr*nt, we WILL get a masterpiece of an album cover & photo shoot that does this record justice. AMEN!

Unlikely. Chuck has the job because she's shot all of Lana's best covers

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

Yeah White Hot Forever wasn't a good title so I'm glad she changed it

Also, Norman Fucking Rockwell! is such an iconic title idc

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

why do a lot of us assume that COCC will be some "mature" record, like NFR (mature in the eyes of critics and the public, obviously, something lana clearly noticed herself)? what i got from that entire insta rant was essentially her saying, i am going back to what i used to do. and id assume fiery lyrics will come with a fiery production, not some "turn and leave on in the living room" type music (how lana described NFR). what do you guys think ?

yeah i lowkey was thinking about that. cause at the time, i was like "this rant is about 8 years late, why is she saying this now?" then i thought "oh maybe cause she's about to do more of that."

but also i dont think she'll be singing about abuse and being afraid of her boyfriend anymore, i think she genuinely has outgrown that. but maybe she's ready to go a little darker again. 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

I love COCC as a title because it has the potential to be an album with a whole concept but we know it won't be because Lana is a lazy fuck. WHF on the other hand I hate.

lana is what??? sis did you not listen to nfr or were you not paying enough attention to get the concept was there? when did she become too “lazy” to make an album with a concept bc she did it last year.

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

everyone join hands and pray. Tonight we are manifesting Neil Krug as the photographer for Chemtrails! we have suffered for too long at the hands of ch*ck gr*nt, we WILL get a masterpiece of an album cover & photo shoot that does this record justice. AMEN!

thoughts and prayers for Neil Krug, thank u

I don't think she's going back to sing about those things, i guess she just wanted to publicly talk about that topic because she never did it before and i suppose she has been keeping that to herself even tho we know she kinda hates critics and stuff. But she has changed and we've been seeing that change since lust for life, she's clearly in a much better and more mature place and that's reflected in her lyrics and her music, she kinda has a low key life (and profile) now, very simple, always hanging out with her friends and family and making music, so i highly doubt she's gonna sing about abusive relationships, drugs, or the chateau marmont. She also said the album "would definitely sound similar to NFR because of how much fun she had making it" and in april she said the album will be "a mixture of love songs and intense ballads" 

I think that the songs on Chemtrails will be more assertive in tone, and I'm guessing that her vocals will be less gentle too.

That's the vibe I get from the Instagram statement and the original title (White Hot Forever) anyway. 

Yo, when are we getting the Lana Del Ray AKA Lizzy Grant re-release?  :cuteface:

I so hope the cover's some kind of iconic interior/runway plane photo. for the UO cover, it could just be close up of her face, semi covering her eyes, some kind of explosion reflecting off them. still campaigning for the martini on fire. galore, flaunt mag fusion w an Aarons treatment. off white pearlescent vinyl, or an amber variant (splat marble pattern)

Marilyn-esque would work so well regarding the album title, w some Fiona Apple? idk about other lit refs atm

the book's been such a pleasant surprise. specific excitement for that, though i do know it'd be a wasted opportunity to let the 5th slip by, while the poetry'd be out a second time. 
I'm already imagining sunsets and grass if the projects do overlap, her releasing stuff's its own promo. I hope we get an album trailer, and a video or two, even if it's homemade. it's nice to delve into whatever world she's painting w visuals. 

UV/Honeymoon

The taste jumped OUT! Love all those artists!! Welcome to Lana fandom!! <3

You have good taste. They are all intelligent, powerful and talented women. Thanks for the welcome. Happy to be here.

Okay so it's gonna be her, naked on a lounge chair with a biker dude as the pool boy, in front of a country club, with Chunk holding a birthday cake out of the window of the bathroom, and off to the side shall be a tea party served on a table and chairs constructed from cardboard boxes, with multi-coloured chemtrails in the air.

this reminds me of gagas original artpop cover

post-50905-0-67298700-1595446153_thumb.jpeg

i love you, but you don't understand me.

I have to reread her controversial post, honestly, because a lot was going on in that one. About the possible controversy of her lyrics on COCC, what I think it’s about is her going back to topics like sadness, depression (didn’t she post Leather Patent right after that, which hints at being fragile and contemplating taking your own life by stepping into the sea?), wanting to be in love (which is considered « anti-feminist” these days, more often than not).

So, I’m expecting lyrics in the range of Sad Girl, Hope, and so on, rather than assertive and controversial lyrics like Cola or Fucked My Way Up to the Top. Again, like I said, I need to reread the whole thing to make sure it’s what she meant.

Lana said she was really inspired for this project. Before NFR she didn’t feel inspired at all. Jack would just play cords and she would sing to it. So, it’s save to say it does sound different then NFR. Looking For America might be her starting point for the sound :) and I love that!!!

What’s this devotion? You really seem like a good man
Bodies or oceans, I cling to you like your mainland

I have to reread her controversial post, honestly, because a lot was going on in that one. About the possible controversy of her lyrics on COCC, what I think it’s about is her going back to topics like sadness, depression (didn’t she post Leather Patent right after that, which hints at being fragile and contemplating taking your own life by stepping into the sea?), wanting to be in love (which is considered « anti-feminist” these days, more often than not).

So, I’m expecting lyrics in the range of Sad Girl, Hope, and so on, rather than assertive and controversial lyrics like Cola or Fucked My Way Up to the Top. Again, like I said, I need to reread the whole thing to make sure it’s what she meant.

Yes I agree! I don’t think she’s gonna go back to the Cola or Fucked My Way type of lyrics. I don’t even think they’re that good. The lyrics in these songs are controversial for sure but the songwriting is far from being amazing, it’s okay at best. It doesn’t even fit Lana anymore. Just like you, I believe she’s gonna talk about subject that would make her look vulnerable such as sadness/depression and hopeless relationships. Critics have often portrayed her as a fragile and unstable depressed woman, and I feel like she’s gonna give them a middle finger with this album and talk about these "controversial subjects" anyway just like she did with Hope. The difference is the whole album might be about these subjects, not only one song. But I might be wrong. I too need to read her post again. I’m just posting about how I feel at the moment about the album.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Yes I agree! I don’t think she’s gonna go back to the Cola or Fucked My Way type of lyrics. I don’t even think they’re that good. The lyrics in these songs are controversial for sure but the songwriting is far from being amazing, it’s okay at best. It doesn’t even fit Lana anymore. Just like you, I believe she’s gonna talk about subject that would make her look vulnerable such as sadness/depression and hopeless relationships. Critics have often portrayed her as a fragile and unstable depressed woman, and I feel like she’s gonna give them a middle finger with this album and talk about these "controversial subjects" anyway just like she did with Hope. The difference is the whole album might be about these subjects, not only one song. But I might be wrong. I too need to read her post again. I’m just posting about how I feel at the moment about the album.

I reread the whole thing and she is hinting at fragility, sadness, sometimes being more passive in her relationship, being beautiful when in love, etc. There’s gonna be a lot of heartbreak on this one, I think.

I reread the whole thing and she is hinting at fragility, sadness, sometimes being more passive in her relationship, being beautiful when in love, etc. There’s gonna be a lot of heartbreak on this one, I think.

didnt an insider source in some article say that she was "pouring all her heartbreak" into the music ?? i cant seem to find it but i swear ive seen it before!

didnt an insider source in some article say that she was "pouring all her heartbreak" into the music ?? i cant seem to find it but i swear ive seen it before!

Wasn’t it for the “Life and Style” or “whatever the name” magazine? I made so many jokes about that magazine’s name that now I can’t remember it hahaha! But yeah, I remember that insider saying that!!