Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

The "why why why why why why why why why why why why" really does it for me. Wouldn't mind something along these lines on cocc.

I think it could have been a big radio hit with a little tweaking/polishing. It's one of her most intimate songs. 

I must admit it does get my hopes up (and I'm already leaning towards the side that she will follow through with the September date) all the BTD promo could also just be to keep it on the Billboard 200. It's at 199 currently, so it's at risk of dropping off again x

true, but then why would young and beautiful be included over video games or blue jeans?

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

Talking about that promo spot Interscope is posting makes me think of that other one from a week or two with the broken iPhone screen of SS.

I highly doubt they are sponsoring those and discounting BTD for no reason. Something is definitely coming! I could be delusional but it makes sense in my mind. I even want to say some of the same tactics were applied during previous rollouts.

It’s a more low key era, yes. That said though they know Lana is a guaranteed moneybag for them as far as merch/physicals. I’m sure they are trying to bump things up a bit and exploit that a bit for the official announcement of the new album. Especially considering touring really isn’t an option atm!

true, but then why would young and beautiful be included over video games or blue jeans?

I feel like Young and Beautiful is a more well known/popular song. They are probably trying to just cater to the regular/locals a bit more for the promo.

the way 55 people are viewing this thread when no official news has actually happened yet.

our collective consciousness is aware that something is coming soon  :creepna:

I'm so nervous for this record. In my opinion, Norman is her best album to date. Just don't know what to expect, and worried that she won't be able to top it for me. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

do we think that Tulsa Jesus Freak: White Hot Forever is a name of a song or maybe lyrics or the names of two songs on the album??

my theory is that they're two songs getting the MAC/VB or Groupie Love/Summer Bummer or even The Greatest/FIILY double single release

The fact that it’s a : instead of a / between the two makes me think it’s one song.

I just saw that Bleachers (Jack) posted a tweet saying "soon". I realised that many of the albums that he's heavily involved have been released really close together (probably just a coincidence) but let me show you how:

Gone Now by Bleachers was released on June 2nd, 2017

Melodrama by Lorde was released on June 16th, 2017

Masseduction by St. Vincent was released on October 13rd, 2017

Reputation by Taylor Swift was released on November 10th, 2017

Red Hearse by Red Hearse was released on August 16th, 2019

Lover by Taylor Swift was released on August 23rd, 2019

NFR! by Lana was released on August 30th, 2019

Gaslighter by The Chicks was released on July 17th, 2020

Folklore by Taylor was released on July 24th, 2020

All these albums seems to be spaced out really close together, maybe new Bleachers music coming soon might be also coming close to Chemtrails

I'm so nervous for this record. In my opinion, Norman is her best album to date. Just don't know what to expect, and worried that she won't be able to top it for me.

Norman sure is a tough act to follow. But the pandemic and quarantine might be what could give Chemtrails its own flavour, instead of sounding like “the follow-up”. And if they went sonically elsewhere than Norman, it could be a worthy successor to Norman. Maybe not as good, but still an excellent record.