Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

2 minutes ago, gasstationkween said:

Istg if she uploads a random pic of one of her besties with no caption today I will throttle someone 

omg, I was just thinking she'll probably promote Zella Day's new video, I'll unfollow her for a day if she does.:agree:

Speaking of which, I told you ladies that Lana would not steal Zella's thunder by releasing on the same day. :nails:

Just now, GeminiLanaFan said:

I wish I knew anything about music. It sounds so pretty :flutter:

I play the chords as a warm up every morning now! Get to lessons/self learn quick, it's worth it! :sideeye:

As much as I want White Dress, I think it's over now:crying2:

We lost :sadcore2:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

5 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

i know y’all aren’t still waiting for something that won’t come like we’re not even the 26th on half the globe anymore :um3::xgiggle:

I honestly don't... but is there really any other time zone for her except for California? :flop::flop::toofloppy:

43 minutes ago, rabbit said:

She definitely sounded a little uncertain about it in multiple parts of her Mojo interview. 

“She says she finds listening to the new album ‘a fight’, conceding that she’s offering a pre-emptive critique. ‘It wasn’t so much that I though the songs fantastically fit together with like seamless, sun kissed production -- but, you know, there’s a life lived there.”

Also the way she spoke about her vocals in White Dress. But, as the magazine stated right after, and Lana agreed with, the ‘not great’ vocals on the chorus absolutely fit the tone and message of the song. 

It just seems she’s nervous about the content of the record, and the way it will be received after the widespread success and ease of Norman. It’s her easiest album to get into, and provided a taste of that success and praise she didn’t get before. Though, she said in the interview that she felt people were into the record, not necessarily into her as an artist. The Mojo article gives great insight to the assumed nervousness/paranoia she has after years of being discredited and mocked publicly. Understanding how that’s affected her self-perception (idk if it has, but I think it would) and her art is important to understanding her as an artist and human. I do hope that one day she won’t feel like she has to bring it up during interviews, because to some extent it keeps it alive and fresh into each era, among other things.

Based on what we know and what the interviews show us, Chemtrails is going to be an emotional stunner, raw and unexpected, the same way UV was after BTD. Seriously cannot wait!! :wub: March 19th please get here quickly :crying4:

She has to learn what a lot of other artists have learned over the decades/centuries, and that is to ignore the media as much as possible and focus on one's art and one's life. It's harder today in this era of IG and social media, but nonetheless many have found it the only way to keep their sanity. Worrying what all the critics and fans think or might think is very intrusive and ultimately destructive. A certain kind of extremely confident, cerebral artist can handle the media better, but those are few. 

The media loves to sit back and mock and distort and enjoy the mayhem and buzz their words create. It gives them power; it is their only power. 'Critics are eunuchs at the orgy,' George Burns said, and to some degree I do think that is true of many of them. 

4 minutes ago, normanrockweII said:

Hope os a dangerous thing.....

her Chemtrails playlist on YouTube channel was updated todayO8ABAu9.jpg

Yeah, we saw it too, sadly. I don't see too much into this, honestly, except that WD is probably coming out before the album, but who knows when. 

1 minute ago, normanrockweII said:

It could mean something that her YouTube channel was updated today! Maybe she’s just waiting to release the MV first 

her UV playlist updates today also

had anyone noticed that on Apple Music 

‘Dance Till We Die’ 

doesn’t have any album artwork yet. It’s super weird 

"Don’t forget me"

31 minutes ago, gasstationkween said:

Istg if she uploads a random pic of one of her besties with no caption today I will throttle someone 

LITERALLY...

“Zella new mv out now xoxo”

giphy.gif

No y’all... let’s take this moment in and keep in mind that after this album is released the meltdowns will be missed and we will be lost on when her next album will come

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, Lustrouslines said:

No y’all... let’s take this moment in and keep in mind that after this album is released the meltdowns will be missed and we will be lost on when her next album will come

I wish there was an album release without any meltdowns TBH. Didn't happen since Honeymoon. 

I wonder why she didn’t re-record the vocals on WD if she thinks they don’t sound that good. She can try as many times as she wants in the studio, so there must be something special about those vocals despite the fact that Lana finds them flawed

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Anyone else getting that lovely warm and nostalgic feeling just before spring starts, and you feel your energy start to shift and perspective starts to change and there's just an overall positive and lightness in the air around you, it's like your body preparing for the summer, feels like a perfect time, and its so nice that we're almost getting a new Lana album.

Spring is the perfect time for her to release, especially March

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Just now, Terrence Loves Me said:

Anyone else getting that lovely warm and nostalgic feeling just before spring starts, and you feel your energy start to shift and perspective starts to change and there's just an overall positive and lightness in the air around you, it's like your body preparing for the summer, feels like a perfect time, and its so nice that we're almost getting a new Lana album.

Spring is the perfect time for her to release, especially March

Absolutely yes, it feels like Lana season is starting. It’s a blessing to get a new album for the start of spring. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance