Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

Where are y'all going to get the energy to keep waiting for the album if she doesn't come through with the announced date? Like how does one keep themselves excited if there's no content? (I know it's only been a month since violet but still) For me this time around it's either September 5th or I'm hibernating until the actual release date :crai:

Ugh I wish I was a local sometimes 

Sorry about the rant, I'm just losing hope and I miss the mariah gifs. Btw I'm not being that serious, I'm still going to wait for September 5th of course

Edited by Lavender Sunshine
Clarity

from her perspective, she made a huge popular announcement that got viral and even previewed a song and a few titles well in advance, as well as the album title 

while still wanting to be minimal and lowkey

just wait till the 5th to get mad lol. if there's nothing there, THEN you can be pissy. no need for y'all to jump to conclusions and be hostile about the mere idea (that has yet to be confirmed) of a delay. 

giphy.gif

21 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I mean, like @electra and @Bunny Mozart said, I’m pretty sure sites are just confusing Violet’s physical copies being released on October 2nd with COTCC - they likely see in their system that an upcoming LDR release is coming that date and assume it’s the album that we ask about, and I agree that it would be a shipping catastrophe on her side of things to have 2 different records with multiple formats and editions be released on the same day. 

Plus, I don’t think the album was finished being mastered until last month, as we saw Lana with a mixer in the TJF snippet, which was filmed at the end of July, so I think we’ll see a vinyl release in December or January. I still think that it will be surprise dropped at midnight EST on the 4th (or the 5th) and the morning of  September 3rd (or 4th) she’ll post the cover and tracklist and pre-order links for physicals like Taylor did with Folklore. After all, she did say it would be a surprise release, and while that obviously hasn’t meant keeping the album’s existence a secret, I think it’s safe to say that it means no single pre-release, no excessive sharing of snippets, and no interviews discussing the album’s sound, themes, or process before its release. I think she’ll just drop it pretty casually and then once it’s out, all the videos and other promotion will come out. 

thank you for the words of wisdom like always

also, I love that you abbreviate it COTCC and not COCC

That being said, I don’t necessarily see the point in waiting the extra days to post the cover and track list, we already know it’s coming, some kind of confirmation (aside from Lana herself on here :hooker:) would be nice, and would calm the buzzing fans

"Don’t forget me"

Not y'all saying she's turning into Sky or Rihanna... Lana has been putting work out every year y'all should be grateful because I can feel in my guts she eventually will pull a Kate Bush move and vanish for 12 whole years so enjoy while you can Bmn dancing GIF on GIFER - by Dut

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

6 minutes ago, Lavender Sunshine said:

Where are y'all going to get the energy to keep waiting for the album if she doesn't come through with the announced date? Like how does one keep themselves excited if there's no content? (I know it's only been a month since violet but still) For me this time around it's either September 5th or I'm hibernating until the actual release date :crai:

Ugh I wish I was a local sometimes 

Sorry about the rant, I'm just losing hope and I miss the mariah gifs

giphy.gif

19 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I mean, like @electra and @Bunny Mozart said, I’m pretty sure sites are just confusing Violet’s physical copies being released on October 2nd with COTCC - they likely see in their system that an upcoming LDR release is coming that date and assume it’s the album that we ask about, and I agree that it would be a shipping catastrophe on her side of things to have 2 different records with multiple formats and editions be released on the same day. 

Plus, I don’t think the album was finished being mastered until last month, as we saw Lana with a mixer in the TJF snippet, which was filmed at the end of July, so I think we’ll see a vinyl release in December or January. I still think that it will be surprise dropped at midnight EST on the 4th (or the 5th) and the morning of  September 3rd (or 4th) she’ll post the cover and tracklist and pre-order links for physicals like Taylor did with Folklore. After all, she did say it would be a surprise release, and while that obviously hasn’t meant keeping the album’s existence a secret, I think it’s safe to say that it means no single pre-release, no excessive sharing of snippets, and no interviews discussing the album’s sound, themes, or process before its release. I think she’ll just drop it pretty casually and then once it’s out, all the videos and other promotion will come out. 

Love you so much:heart: You gave me some hope again and your posts always make so much sense !!

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

2 minutes ago, Cacciatore said:

Not y'all saying she's turning into Sky or Rihanna... Lana has been putting work out every year y'all should be grateful because I can feel in my guts she eventually will pull a Kate Bush move and vanish for 12 whole years so enjoy while you can Bmn dancing GIF on GIFER - by Dut

now it's been years since I left my studio

I don’t trust magazines after the LFL may 25 debacle so many of them had a random false date. Feel free to believe it’s postponed but no need to get snippy at people who still believe the date that Lana literally told us 

the real conspiracy is not about chemtrails, @Elle convinced Lana to conduct this social experiment hyping up a non-existent album to increase traffic to this website :shh2:

look at them smiling while they're torturing us :lange:

I'm just kidding y'all :toofunny: