Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

2 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

let’s be real this will be delayed to like June of next year now

i can see it now:

”hey guys, so i am really proud of my new album chem trails but not ready to put it out yet..probably sometime next summer. Xo”

she’s turning into sky ferreira

i love you, but you don't understand me.

The problem has always been the silence and lack of transparency not the delays.  Fans like to know what’s going on and constant silence is rude and disrespectful. Their literally is no reason to be this quiet. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Seriously can ya'll stop jumping to conclusions? These sources have obviously mixed up Violet's date (Oct 2nd) with COCC. It's highly possible for COCC to be released digitally FIRST, and then the vinyls will come later. 

Lana said with her own mouth, Sep 5th. Yes, we should take it with a grain of salt, but if there's a delay then obviously she needs to address (and she will). 

Ben said the album was 'coming soon', and that was WEEKS ago.

Lana is filming and getting things ready. She doesn't have to release a music video on the day of the album drop and it could also come later.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I mean, like @electra and @Bunny Mozart said, I’m pretty sure sites are just confusing Violet’s physical copies being released on October 2nd with COTCC - they likely see in their system that an upcoming LDR release is coming that date and assume it’s the album that we ask about, and I agree that it would be a shipping catastrophe on her side of things to have 2 different records with multiple formats and editions be released on the same day. 

Plus, I don’t think the album was finished being mastered until last month, as we saw Lana with a mixer in the TJF snippet, which was filmed at the end of July, so I think we’ll see a vinyl release in December or January. I still think that it will be surprise dropped at midnight EST on the 4th (or the 5th) and the morning of  September 3rd (or 4th) she’ll post the cover and tracklist and pre-order links for physicals like Taylor did with Folklore. After all, she did say it would be a surprise release, and while that obviously hasn’t meant keeping the album’s existence a secret, I think it’s safe to say that it means no single pre-release, no excessive sharing of snippets, and no interviews discussing the album’s sound, themes, or process before its release. I think she’ll just drop it pretty casually and then once it’s out, all the videos and other promotion will come out. 

1 minute ago, Bunny Mozart said:

Seriously can ya'll stop jumping to conclusions? These sources have obviously mixed up Violet's date (Oct 2nd) with COCC. It's highly possible for COCC to be released digitally FIRST, and then the vinyls will come later. 

Lana said with her own mouth, Sep 5th. Yes, we should take it with a grain of salt, but if there's a delay then obviously she needs to address (and she will). 

Ben said the album was 'coming soon', and that was WEEKS ago now. 

Lana is filming and getting things ready. She doesn't have to release a music video on the day of the album drop and it could also come later.

He said music was coming soon he didn’t say an album was. If it’s coming digitally on the 5th why is she doing a music video and visuals which normally take 2-3 weeks to edit and finalise? So she’s going to release an album digitally then a big budget video release weeks afterwards with a physical? She would be missing the mark and sabotaging herself. Big budget videos are either released with the album or before.  So a digital release seems very unlikely in my opinion. 

I'm not gonna jump to conclusions but can we just take a second to think about how every other singer would have addressed a delay? I mean NFR's date was just fans going nuts and never lana herself actually announcing a date but this time SHE gave us the date. So either she really is just dropping it OR she will just leave us dangling in the air with nothing...:judgingu:

4 minutes ago, new gods said:

she’s turning into sky ferreira

At least Lana has been somewhat consistent with releasing records in the past eight years (though highly inconsistent with release dates). 

Ms. Ferreira on the other hand has been teasing and alluding to new music since 2014. Still nothing. :stareney2:

4 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

He said music was coming soon he didn’t say an album was. If it’s coming digitally on the 5th why is she doing a music video and visuals which normally take 2-3 weeks to edit and finalise? So she’s going to release an album digitally then a big budget video release weeks afterwards with a physical? She would be missing the mark and sabotaging herself. Big budget videos are either released with the album or before.  So a digital release seems very unlikely in my opinion. 

Except we don't know if she already has some homemade videos that she did with Chuck (which is most likely). Then she could easily release those on Sep 5th. The big budget one could still come later (depending on how long it will take to edit)

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

2 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I mean, like @electra and @Bunny Mozart said, I’m pretty sure sites are just confusing Violet’s physical copies being released on October 2nd with COTCC - they likely see in their system that an upcoming LDR release is coming that date and assume it’s the album that we ask about, and I agree that it would be a shipping catastrophe on her side of things to have 2 different records with multiple formats and editions be released on the same day. 

Plus, I don’t think the album was finished being mastered until last month, as we saw Lana with a mixer in the TJF snippet, which was filmed at the end of July, so I think we’ll see a vinyl release in December or January. I still think that it will be surprise dropped at midnight EST on the 4th (or the 5th) and the morning of  September 3rd (or 4th) she’ll post the cover and tracklist and pre-order links for physicals like Taylor did with Folklore. After all, she did say it would be a surprise release, and while that obviously hasn’t meant keeping the album’s existence a secret, I think it’s safe to say that it means no single pre-release, no excessive sharing of snippets, and no interviews discussing the album’s sound, themes, or process before its release. I think she’ll just drop it pretty casually and then once it’s out, all the videos and other promotion will come out. 

Ugh good that we have Lana on this forum.

Mmeow~

2 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Omg Lana, thanks for clarifying all of this situation, better post that cover September 3th, we are counting on you 

0YnL0Kf.gif

So, a magazine said it’s coming October 2? Possible. 

but... did they get their dates mixed with Violet?

Or, like we said, streaming Sept 5, physical copies October 2. 
or it’s really coming October 2, digital and all. 
it’s really not a big delay at all, to delay Chemtrails by a couple of weeks, but The worst is probably that we won’t be able to trusts anything she says. Her word is always to be taken with a grain of salt, but we always had solid dates and snippets to hold on to, as proofs. If the album is postponed, well... 

7 minutes ago, Bunny Mozart said:

Except we don't know if she already has some homemade videos that she did with Chuck to release. Then she could easily release those on Sep 5th. The big budget one could still come later (depending on how long it will take to edit)

I don’t think that is likely, record labels normally always use big budget videos as promotion. Doing time for example. It would be a bad move to use a home video on release date and waste this. The only things which makes sense is she filmed another proper video at some point, maybe the one she did a few weeks ago was not a magazine or visual shoot but a MV.  

For all we know she could have already shot big budget videos during the past months if not last winter, before Corona...

Anyways, I was thinking that some of us (me included) are expecting some sort of announcement but the fact is... she has already announced it in that infamous ig post!
And considering her previous statement about a “surprise release” (in the sense of a very low key drop with no promo) I think that’s it... we won’t hear about COCC till its release.

I know she’s not very reliable when it comes to release dates, but I’ve chosen to trust her (at least till the 5th, then we’ll see) :smokes3:

Lanarat.png