Elle

TEMPORARY Chemtrails Over the Country Club - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 19th, 2021

2 hours ago, gsnlp said:

i sincerely don’t want the BTD feel for this new album. She was sad and depressive back then. Not saying I don’t love her melancholy, because we have that too in Norman. But not the sadness

Its not the depression that made BTD iconic. Its how dedicated she was to the aesthetic and grandiosity. BTD title track video was glamorous and was a metaphor of a dying relationship as told through her literal death. NFR title track video was recorded with an iphone vintage filter and was her sitting around her house singing 

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

My delusional theory is that the album is coming out on September 5th. She did mention the album is coming soon and violet this month. But as in a matter of speech first things come first, album will be released then violet will be released. She could just mess things up just to make it a bigger surprise.

though I believe it’s being pushed back 

[Hold me, love me, touch me, lanadel.gif

honey, be the first who ever did]

The fact she joked about 2029/2030 makes me believe she totally knows how her messy album rollouts come across to fans. She may or may not know the release date already, but if she knows, she probably said 'soon' instead of the date to make sure no war breaks out when it might change a bit.

I'm thinking we'll definitely be having the album before the end of october, but for now I'm hoping for the middle of september, with LMLYLW this week.:squidward:

patrick being a little slutty and fun

1 minute ago, stupidapartmentcomplex said:

The fact she joked about 2029/2030 makes me believe she totally knows how her messy album rollouts come across to fans. She may or may not know the release date already, but if she knows, she probably said 'soon' instead of the date to make sure no war breaks out when it might change a bit.

I'm thinking we'll definitely be having the album before the end of october, but for now I'm hoping for the middle of september, with LMLYLW this week.:squidward:

agreed.
this shook me. from like September 5th, to before the end of october. ooof let's hope not, unmanifesting that 4sJbHPk.gif nope nope nope

UV/Honeymoon

20 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

Still not over her never saying NFR in the title song

how are you gonna come up with a title like THAT and then never even say it

automatic writing and some other bullshit

but tbh I like it when she doesn't just repeat the title in the chorus 

like Cruel World gives off a perfect vibe and the chorus complements that without restating it but instead by expanding on some other ideas that, taken alone, wouldn't suggest such a dark state of mind but by knowing the title, it changes your perspective and "everybody knows that I'm the best" becomes sarcastic 

I have a feeling that critics will either hate the album, or love it even more than NFR, but there will be no in between. Her middle finger to the music industry and to critics can either make her look brave and rebellious (like Fiona Apple with her latest album being a big F- you to the music industry), or make her look like a fragile little whiny bish.

But let’s also not forget that Jack produced the album, and critics love him for all the masterpieces he produced. It’s already a sort of safe space for Lana.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Ok y’all. I don’t know if this has been said yet, but here’s my theory re: the alboom:

I think Lana is, at least partially, going to make a political statement with this album. Specifically, I think the title “Chemtrails Over the Country Club” is a jab at the political right - specifically, middle-to-upper-class, predominantly white and wealthy Trump supporters. From the beginning of Trump’s presidency, his most ardent supporters have been proponents of a wide variety of conspiracy theories - the Obama birther theory, the “Deep State”, the Clintons having a body count, just to name a few. And, most recently, the conspiracy theory that COVID is fake, over-exaggerated, or a government hoax to achieve totalitarianism. 

Furthermore, country clubs are generally associated with the white and wealthy - in the same general category as yachts, white picket fences, huge houses, etc. It’s a rich white people thing, and plenty of rich white people are right-leaning or Trump-supporting. I think this might be the idea Lana’s getting at - chemtrails over the country club. Conspiracy theories enrapturing the white and wealthy, drifting over the country club where they lounge. Entertained at the expense of other, very real political and social issues. Used to avoid addressing those very real issues, perhaps. 

Idk, I might be reading too far into it, and I don’t know if Lana would make a political statement like this. I know she’s been vocally anti-Trump in the past. This was just what I thought of when I heard the title. 

(I’m not looking for a political argument, or to argue about the veracity of certain conspiracy theories. I don’t mean to disrespect or offend anyone. Just wanted to share my two cents)

EDIT: oh fuck this is a novel of a post. sorrryyyyyyy

Based on recent information she’s given us and what other stores are saying*: 

- I think LMLYLAW is coming in the next 2 weeks

- I think she’ll have the pre-order/ post the cover/tracklist/album trailer in 3 weeks with the title track as a promotional single 

- I think we’ll have a few magazine covers with interviews scattered about over the next month 

- the music video for the title track will come out second week of October 

- album drops third or fourth week of October 

She made it seem like both LMLYLAW and the COTCC video will be out before the album. 

The album probably started being mastered in mid-July and 3 months from then would be mid-October, which is when the album will probably come out. I think she wanted to have all the formats be available at the same time if she could for a more traditional release; with LFL she added songs right before her deadline and that’s why she had a delayed vinyl release, but she hasn’t really started any promotion with this record yet so she could afford to just wait a month so everything would be ready at once.

*Holding onto this ONLY once September 5th passes and when we don’t get the album, until then, #TeamDelusional :oprah: