Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

47 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

sure but i still don’t see how and why she needed 3 hip-hop producers for a simple piano ballad? except if she kept their other mike collabs for the rest of the album or the album after in that case serve but it just doesn’t make sense to me. WW could’ve been made by jack or zach for exemple. that doesn’t mean i’m writing anything off i just find it... odd. especially since mike said they’ll combine his work with hers but his influence isnt felt at all. this feels more cocc follow up than the "return of the old hip-hop lana" everyone was hyping up:defeated:

Mike Dean & Co are just known for producing hiphop music, but that doesn‘t mean that they don‘t produce other kind of music. I mean he also worked for Selena Gomez, Christina Aguilera and Madonna :dua:

1 hour ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Ok I have finally been able to listen to the three songs with headphones, and read the lyrics, and here are my two cents for this album so far: 

Blue Banisters seems like the continuity of Chemtrails, its yang side. It’s Violet X Chemtrails X Norman. This explains why she wants to put it out rapidly, since it’s the follow-up to Chemtrails.

Both Chemtrails and Bb remind me of Taylor’s folklore and evermore. Evermore is way more personal than Folklore, and the second one is more « experimental » at moments than Folklore. I expect a bit of « experimentation » with the other songs of this album as well. and she really is telling her story and this could be her sweet revenge. 

I don’t know how her team feels about a Grammy submission but if it’s on the table, the album should be out before the end of summer. 

The production of the three songs is still a bit « minimal » but the way the structure of the songs shifts is closer to what we got with Norman and that I loved (that’s my biggest problem with Chemtrails: the melodies are too simple, not really shifting from chorus to verses). 

Blue Banisters is Lana at the peak of her songwriting. The narration is simply superb. And the way she thinks about her new man and the music becomes so dreamy :oprah: And when she eludes later that it didn’t work out :worship: Also love how it begins similarly to Chemtrails (by the way, both album titles are so beautifully poetic, put side to side). 

Text Book has an incredible story as well. It’s really « Daddy issues » Lana acknowledging it. The melody is a bit harder to follow, but I’m loving it more with each listen.

Wildflower Wildfire is so beautiful in its vulnerability. I only wished that the last minute of the production began earlier in the song. 

If there’s a cover for this album, there’s a high probability it could be a Joan Baez one, since she referenced her at least twice already (Dance Til We Die and Bb). 

Wonderfully said and I agree with lots of it.  I also wish the ending production of WW was throughout the song UGH. And that lyrically BB is phenomenal and not many can do things like that. Textbook is gorgeous to me and I can’t wait to really dig into it and read the lyrics while I listen. 

Nows when the delulu in me comes out… yes after hearing these songs I still wish the Broken Heart Debutant title was real and it’d be a perfect fit ?

my final thoughts on:

• Blue Banisters - The lyrics are everything! even though it seemed really confusing during the fisrt listen, when you get through them u understand that it's about a happy place she really wanted to be and she's trying. Although, she knows by heart that it will be a difficult thing. But she's living the moment, not interested in what will happen. The production is interesting and i love how her voice just comes louder in the chorus. I only think she sings some things off rhythm.
  • Text Book - im having problems with digesting this song i don't know why. i think it's about the production. But the lyrics are really strong and she showed herself vulnerable and nostalgic for something that was not good for her, and talks about how this man is helping her, but he broke her after.
  • Wildflower Wildfire - the lyrics are so good. so poetical. so metaphorical. it's a love song. The production kinda let me dow because i thought its was going to be so powerful but it ended being only in the last 2 minutes, but i feel like this is just a start of what it's coming.

With this, i really think this album will put her past life under her present life perspective to show that we don't know everything. She is really telling her story. 

0YnL0Kf.gif

I'm excited to see what's coming next. Honestly, the singles feel like exactly what they were described as - buzz singles. There's obviously so much more where those came from and I feel like the best is still yet to come :angie:

imageproxy.jpg

Just to be fully honest about how I feel on these 3 new tracks... lyrically deep, but sonically shallow. Not sure why I'm not feeling them :( Maybe coming off of a stripped back COCC and her tirade about wanting to get even; I was expecting something more bombastic from this album. Obviously, these are just 3 tracks from a longer LP, but so far they just seem to be more of the same.

Also, Lana being so silent puzzles me. Mike Dean was the hype behind yesterday's drop, Lana made no peep about them, which I find odd.

Hopefully, there will be something down the line that will energize me, but suddenly I'm not as excited for this release as I was before. If she releases 10+ different variations of this album, I will be hard pressed to try to collect them all and I've NEVER felt that way with a Lana release before.

I was so excited to hear these tracks yesterday, but for some reason I actually felt let down. Am I missing something Lana peeps? What's wrong with me?

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

1 minute ago, Lustrouslines said:

Not even one post about the singles, what is going on? 

They were moved into a separate thread http://lanaboards.com/topic/12753-triple-single-release-blue-banisters-text-book-wildflower-wildfire-out-now/#comments

imageproxy.jpg

1 hour ago, COCC said:

Mike Dean & Co are just known for producing hiphop music, but that doesn‘t mean that they don‘t produce other kind of music. I mean he also worked for Selena Gomez, Christina Aguilera and Madonna :dua:

PLS don’t act like 95% of their catalogue isn’t hip-hop or at least pop infused and this is neither :eyeroll2:

4 minutes ago, J.R.OMEGA said:

Just to be fully honest about how I feel on these 3 new tracks... lyrically deep, but sonically shallow. Not sure why I'm not feeling them :( Maybe coming off of a stripped back COCC and her tirade about wanting to get even; I was expecting something more bombastic from this album. Obviously, these are just 3 tracks from a longer LP, but so far they just seem to be more of the same.

Also, Lana being so silent puzzles me. Mike Dean was the hype behind yesterday's drop, Lana made no peep about them, which I find odd.

Hopefully, there will be something down the line that will energize me, but suddenly I'm not as excited for this release as I was before. If she releases 10+ different variations of this album, I will be hard pressed to try to collect them all and I've NEVER felt that way with a Lana release before.

I was so excited to hear these tracks yesterday, but for some reason I actually felt let down. Am I missing something Lana peeps? What's wrong with me?

I think Lana is a big part of these type of feelings. Lana just doesn’t seem into anything anymore herself which leaves the fans stranded on the line of disinterest. At this point we make a lot of excuses, “maybe she will do promo for the next single”, “maybe the next album will sound ___”. Lana I feel has completely turned her focus to her intimate life and will continue to make music because that’s what she loves, but won’t feed into promo because she never has wanted to. I fear that the NFR loss of album of the year and the QFTC backlash really did a number with her perception of fame and everything and intentionally chooses to live in the shadows to not receive anymore unwarranted hate. With this, no promo goes hand in hand.

giphy.gif

So guys what musical influences are going to fulfill Blue Banisters the album? Based on the three singles I heard jazz, contemporary, alternative.... I definitely wasn’t expecting the verses on Text Book to be as juicy as they are. Anyhow, keeping the convo *~on topic~* where do you see the album going sonically?