Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

14 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I just want to know when the new merch is coming, blue paint and wildflower seeds, blank text books ($30). 

It’s a great idea but the blue paint would be $75, the wildflower seeds would be $35 and the text book would be over $100 :thumb2:

"Don’t forget me"

Just now, Nikogo said:

I really hope she released the songs in tracklist order 

(1- BB

2-TB

3-WW) 

because I have them in a playlist and the way I’ve been listening to them, they’re basically a 15 minute song and it’s going to throw me off super bad when we get the album and Textbook is track 2, WW is track 6 and BB is track 10

tbh i’d think about unstanning if she opened an album without a real intro. i can take ugly selfies, ugly covers, no vehicles on the cover but i WONT take an intro-less album that starts with a nikki lane jumpscare no ma’am 

8 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

(1- BB

2-TB

3-WW) 

because I have them in a playlist and the way I’ve been listening to them, they’re basically a 15 minute song and it’s going to throw me off super bad when we get the album and Textbook is track 2, WW is track 6 and BB is track 10

I mean BB is going to be track first for sure following her previous albums pattern  :oprah3:

9 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

tbh i’d think about unstanning if she opened an album without a real intro. i can take ugly selfies, ugly covers, no vehicles on the cover but i WONT take an intro-less album that starts with a nikki lane jumpscare no ma’am 

I agree that there isn’t much of an intro (WW is the only song with one so far) but I do think BB would be a good way to start the album (assuming the rest of it follows the three songs we got) it’s nostalgic, and sets the theme of looking back and healing 

4 minutes ago, 5Rick said:

I mean BB is going to be track first for sure following her previous albums pattern  :oprah3:

even if BB isn’t track one like it should be (assuming the album is still titled BB) I just want them to be 3 songs in a row 

"Don’t forget me"

BB being the opener would be so bold it'd be her first album that doesn't open with a dramatic intro - but idk maybe "Loved You Then" could be the first track or some other track we don't know about - but other than that I'm down for BB being the opener :wub:

also I've been visualizing the album cover all day and just imagine the serve we'd get with Nadia Lee :pray2:

25 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

(1- BB

2-TB

3-WW) 

Try to put TB first, and then WW! They flow beautifully together, and BB feels like the end of the story :wub:

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

I was reading some things on twitter and I found that there was a post that said that several BB songs were destined to be on Chemtrails, and it makes some sense because if we realise the three singles that Lana released so far they play the same themes as in Chemtrails, topics like her childhood or adolescence and also mentioning her friends are things that we already saw, it seems that the sisters albums are BB and Chemtrails after all.

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

3 minutes ago, FallingCherry said:

Try to put TB first, and then WW! They flow beautifully together, and BB feels like the end of the story :wub:

I completely agree TB and WW flow super well into each other! The ocean and guitars at the end of TB into the light beautiful piano or WW is a whole mood! And I’ll have to make it so BB is last!

"Don’t forget me"

2 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

I was reading some things on twitter and I found that there was a post that said that several BB songs were destined to be on Chemtrails, and it makes some sense because if we realise the three singles that Lana released so far they play the same themes as in Chemtrails, topics like her childhood or adolescence and also mentioning her friends are things that we already saw, it seems that the sisters albums are BB and Chemtrails after all.

i really don’t think so. She was very expressive of how COTCC wasn’t even a finished album, I find it hard to believe several songs were left off. There was an original track list with only two songs being blank, and Loved You Then and Now. 

I definitely think BB is a good progression from COTCC but I think they’re very separate bodies of work 

"Don’t forget me"

6 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

I actually don’t think that’s true - the producer of two of the songs (Gabe Simon) confirmed that the songs were written in October of 2020 and were, in Lana’s mind, the start of a follow-up to Chemtrails. Chemtrails was done being written in February 2020 and was mastered in the summer. 

I think the natural evolution of the themes is just because Lana’s records are her life-story. Rule of thumb, btw, Twitter is notorious for spreading misinformation like that - I also saw that post you’re referring to :)  

After a few days of listening, I’ve realized how much more I appreciate the singles when I’m able to listen with headphones and without any distractions, taking in every word she’s saying. 

Because of that, I really think this record will be mostly driven by its lyrics. There’s so much emphasis on her voice, and this seems to complement the autobiographical approach Lana’s taking. 

This also helps me appreciate the subtleties in the composition so much more. Using WW as an example, the melodies adapt to Lana’s lyrics really well. In the verses, there’s a lot of harshness when she talks about her mother, and the melody resolves to something softer when she mentions ending up awkward but sweet. The buildup in this song is really gorgeous as well, but it may be harder to pinpoint without headphones and close listening.

I could seriously see this being her most critically acclaimed album. 

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

2 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

i really don’t think so. She was very expressive of how COTCC wasn’t even a finished album, I find it hard to believe several songs were left off. There was an original track list with only two songs being blank, and Loved You Then and Now. 

I definitely think BB is a good progression from COTCC but I think they’re very separate bodies of work 

exactly especially when cocc is already nfr’s sister album we don’t need more sisters :bebe:

3 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

It could be, or maybe they were incomplete songs. The most obvious thing is that they are songs that seem to have the same themes between them, but you are right, they may not necessarily have been for Chemtrails.

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

None of these songs sound like anything on Chemtrails. These sister record theories are silly. I listened to White Dress right after Wildflower, and it sounds so mute in comparison (not a bad thing)

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

6 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

I don't think there will be any Chemtrails outtakes on the album (other than LYTAN or whatever and I think it will sound different and that's why it didn't make it into the final tracklist). More than songs for Chemtrails I think these first 3 songs are just a natural progression on the topics Lana wants to talk about now. She used to talk about her life and stories but in a more abstract way and now she's going straight to the point with the storytelling.

giphy.gif

this album is going to be heartbreaking. the more i listen to and understand these three songs the more i hurt for lana n relate to her. a pain literally grows in my chest listening to these songs. ugh