Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Of the new songs...

best chorus: wildflower

best vocals: blue banisters

best overall: text book

i think text book has the most going for it with the production, vocals, & lyrics combined. Wildflower has the strongest build of the songs with the powerful final chorus.. but those muffled drums leave something to be desired. I think if they’d done the drums like in American or Black Beauty, it would sound so much better than the cheap sounding compressed mess we got. Blue Banisters has the prettiest vocals & the most quintessentially depressing Lana vibe that I love. It definitely has the most defined atmosphere of the three if that makes sense. 

I really like these songs, they’re all very solid... but I don’t see them being my favorites when the album drops. I’m sure I’ll appreciate them more in the context of the full album, but I usually favor the deep cuts in each album so I’m looking forward to see how the full project will turn out. :) 

14417469274.gif

19 minutes ago, Jack Antonoff is a God said:

Pk2zz5y.png

True. She made LFL for the fans, and although there are some gems in this record, it appears to be her least personal one, and it’s a bit all over the place (still an amazing album though, and it was an essential step in her career). Stans should stop having high expectations. Everyone has expectations at some point and it’s totally normal, but stans are just toxic. No, Lana will never do another BTD or UV. No, Lana will never go back being as glamorous as she was during the BTD era. It’s time to let go of the past. No matter what pressed stans may say, she’s been serving only quality for a decade and she’s only been working with amazing producers. She’s just evolving, we are all evolving too, and as fans (or stans) it’s really toxic to want something that’s dead back. And it’s toxic for us too! Because it only makes the love we have for Lana crumble. Some of you guys are stuck with a version of Lana that she isn’t anymore and will never be again, and you should really consider letting go and welcoming the change and her evolution as a person and an artist. And remember that it’s okay to not like her anymore, not everyone is able to appreciate her evolution and not everyone wants to. However, everyone should at least try to understand why she’s not making BTD or UV 2.0 and why she’s evolving in a very specific direction instead. Then if you don’t like it, fine. But there’s just no point with complaining all the time about her current sound. The production on the three new tracks is immaculate. Only the mixing sucks, but that can be fixed for the album’s release.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

2 minutes ago, FallingCherry said:

True. She made LFL for the fans, and although there are some gems in this record, it appears to be her least personal one, and it’s a bit all over the place (still an amazing album though, and it was an essential step in her career). Stans should stop having high expectations. Everyone has expectations at some point and it’s totally normal, but stans are just toxic. No, Lana will never do another BTD or UV. No, Lana will never go back being as glamorous as she was during the BTD era. It’s time to let go of the past. No matter what pressed stans may say, she’s been serving only quality for a decade and she’s only been working with amazing producers. She’s just evolving, we are all evolving too, and as fans (or stans) it’s really toxic to want something that’s dead back. And it’s toxic for us too! Because it only makes the love we have for Lana crumble. Some of you guys are stuck with a version of Lana that she isn’t anymore and will never be again, and you should really consider letting go and welcoming the change and her evolution as a person and an artist. And remember that it’s okay to not like her anymore, not everyone is able to appreciate her evolution and not everyone wants to. However, everyone should at least try to understand why she’s not making BTD or UV 2.0 and why she’s evolving in a very specific direction instead. Then if you don’t like it, fine. But there’s just no point with complaining all the time about her current sound. The production on the three new tracks is immaculate. Only the mixing sucks, but that can be fixed for the album’s release.

AMEN!

PD: WW my fav song from the 3. Def a grower inside of me

Hd7c-1.gif

Best to worst mastering/production:

Textbook

Blue Banisters

Wildflower Wildfire

Best to worst vocal performance:

Wildflower Wildfire

Blue Banisters

Textbook

Best to worst lyrics:

Wildflower Wildfire

Blue Banisters

Textbook (That BLM lyric ruins the track I’m sorry)

Overall, all of these tracks lack mastering and production quality. It’s a shame that WW has the best vocal performance out of the three but has the worst engineering and production. Nowels would have made a masterpiece out of that track. 

Lana Del Rey Ultraviolence GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

9 minutes ago, Peace said:

i miss rick

My daddy Rick 

Everyone is asking for Rick back as if the last songs he produced for her weren’t Change, Bartender, and HIAB. :yawn:

if she wanted a bombastic production with strings and whatever else Rick does, she would have gotten it. She went the direction she wants to go. 

"Don’t forget me"

Just now, Honeyyoung said:

rick also made yosemite

That’s why it’s the best song off of COCC :uncomfortable:

3 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

Everyone is asking for Rick back as if the last songs he produced for her weren’t Change, Bartender, and HIAB. :yawn:

if she wanted a bombastic production with strings and whatever else Rick does, she would have gotten it. She went the direction she wants to go. 

I like Change, Bartender and HIAB :et:

Just now, BluebirdXO said:

I like Change, Bartender and HIAB :et:

I do too, but they’re piano songs with absolutely nothing else (Jack added a guitar in the final mix of HIAB, the first snippets she shared didn’t have them)

All im saying is, is if she wanted certain things added to her songs she would have them in the songs. Everyone blamed Jack for the stripped back production and now everyone is asking for Rick back as if he wouldn’t be producing the exact sound we have now 

"Don’t forget me"

Just now, Nikogo said:

I do too, but they’re piano songs with absolutely nothing else (Jack added a guitar in the final mix of HIAB, the first snippets she shared didn’t have them)

All im saying is, is if she wanted certain things added to her songs she would have them in the songs. Everyone blamed Jack for the stripped back production and now everyone is asking for Rick back as if he wouldn’t be producing the exact sound we have now 

This - I love everything she’s done and the reality is that all the production choices are hers. It’s not like the producers are the ones deciding the sound for her, she’s the one who makes the call at the end of the day!

I just heard BB on our local 'cool'/alternative radio station (RRR-FM). They've been playing a bit of Lana the past few years, but what's interesting is that they're very much aimed at the 30+ age crowd, which I think is going to be a big chunk of Lana's audience into the future (good for business, because we have more disposable income).

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

5 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

honestly it was really weird how everybody blamed jack, as if she wasn't going for a mellow, stripped-back sound either way, like you've said songs she did with rick, such as change, bartender, and happiness is a butterfly, are all stripped down & mellow, and obviously she's going for the same sound with different producers, it actually found it really irritating that everybody put the blame on jack, we can talk about how she possibily wanted him to be more experimental, but it's clear that she wants a more relaxed sound, and i'm not saying people should get angry at lana either, she should do whatever it is she wants with her art

x14CtFn.gif  89cxvIN.gif  BolwSzs.gif

i  h a v e  a  d i s c o  b a l l  m i n d  . . .  l i g h t s  f l a s h i n g  a l l  o f  t h e  t i m e