Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Forget flowers, can we all agree that cheese is the dairy product/food of this album? :hooker:

Also I have to say it’s quite interesting how we know Lanz has been lurking on fan accounts. She likes posts, and even comments on them (letting us know she’s a thrifty queen when it comes to what she’s wearing) Is it really that crazy to think she’s on here? Maybe not, but who knows! :creepna3:

but Lana if you see this I think a lot of us would really like that unreleased collection in the future please 

your vulgar darling  :blush3:

1 minute ago, colaandvideogames said:

Forget flowers, can we all agree that cheese is the dairy product/food of this album? :hooker:

Also I have to say it’s quite interesting how we know Lanz has been lurking on fan accounts. She likes posts, and even comments on them (letting us know she’s a thrifty queen when it comes to what she’s wearing) Is it really that crazy to think she’s on here? Maybe not, but who knows! :creepna3:

but Lana if you see this I think a lot of us would really like that unreleased collection in the future please 

I BET SHE'S ALWAYS WITH AN EYE ON THIS THREAD :ohmy:

0YnL0Kf.gif

19 minutes ago, gsnlp said:

i feel like WW will be the opener and for the first time title track (Blue Banisters) will be the closer

If WW is the opener, Cherry Blossom should close - it would come full circle  :oprah:  One for the money, one for the mommy issues :oprah:

"You're very brave and you're very free" 

giphy.gif 

mUENGN9.png

4 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

If WW is the opener, Cherry Blossom should close - it would come full circle  :oprah:  One for the money, one for the mommy issues :oprah:

"You're very brave and you're very free" 

giphy.gif 

This actually makes a lot of sense, but i feel like the outro of Blue Banisters can actually be a conclusion of everything she's gonna talk about on the album. maybe we will understand why she's asleep during spring :oic3:

0YnL0Kf.gif

- Cherry Blossom > Yosemite

- Manifesting 2 side album: piano and jazzy

- I wouldn't mind a piano version of Thunder, but it would have to have more instruments like NFR title track and heavier production

- Why are you all complaining about unreleased songs? It's not like Lana herself leaked them for us to hear illegally. If we listen to them against the artists' will, we have no right to complain about them being included in upcoming projects

- LDR9 will be a brazilian funk masterpiece, but you're still not ready for this conversation

1 minute ago, gsnlp said:

This actually makes a lot of sense, but i feel like the outro of Blue Banisters can actually be a conclusion of everything she's gonna talk on the album. maybe we will understand why she's asleep during spring :oic3:

I really hope we get some clarification on this!

I’m 100% supportive of respecting her privacy & letting her art speak for itself, but I’m really interested to see if we get a better idea about the color symbolism & what event precipitated her avoidance of the season

Also, I wonder if the weathervane analogy is supposed to suggest her lover “fixing” her sense of being directionless (since indicating direction is typically the function of weathervanes)….or maybe it has no significant meaning. Thoughts??

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

2 hours ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

@DeluluKing ur doing god's work omfg :agree2:

Not a newbie getting brave like this lmao you’d have to be deranged to agree w/ them 

Imagine wanting a basic ass song, that’s been leaked for like more than 3/4 years, on a new record, instead of a brand new track. Couldn’t be me :eek:

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

3 minutes ago, Summerain said:

I think that the close song of the album is the song that Lana post on instagram. The song have the feel of the end song. 

Do you really think that? What does the snippet have to make you feel like a closer? Genuinely asking tbh bc, when she posted it, it felt like somewhat of an opener to me. 
And if BOZ is right, and it’s indeed the new title track, then I’m guessing it’s track 1 (bc Chemtrails was track 2)

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

I don't dislike Cherry Blossom at all, I've always had a soft spot for it, but I do think that it'd need to be reworked in order to fit onto the album. Sure, most of the songs we've gotten for BB so far involve piano, but there's a lot more to them than just that (even with the snippet, you can tell it's building up to something). If she left Cherry Blossom as is, it wouldn't fit in with the rest of the tracks and wouldn't make sense on the album

imageproxy.jpg

51 minutes ago, Yosemite said:

Not a newbie getting brave like this lmao you’d have to be deranged to agree w/ them 

Imagine wanting a basic ass song, that’s been leaked for like more than 3/4 years, on a new record, instead of a brand new track. Couldn’t be me :eek:

Not sure how to address it supposedly being a "basic ass song" - if you don't see its qualities, I can't help u 

I think the confusion is that you think it will take the place of a song we haven't heard but that's unlikely. We know Lana doesn't run out of material; she's constantly creating new music. Regardless, she will choose the songs that are relevant for her album. I also literally just want others to hear it:eyeroll2: So deranged of me :umadney:

Spoiler

The self-centredness of some of u... :lolliney:

mUENGN9.png

24 minutes ago, YourGirl666 said:

- LDR9 will be a brazilian funk masterpiece, but you're still not ready for this conversation

I'd here for it but first...she is obligated to gave us R&B/neo-soul masterpiece with elements of hip-hop and jazz.

1 hour ago, brandon said:

my thoughts exactly, blue banisters is just kinda.. plain, her titles usually evoke so much and this one just… doesnt? cover wise, it’s beautiful and she looks amazing but she can do better artistically, cocc alt and nfr were SERVES - the only thing i hated about it was her outfit :rollin:idk which one of y’all made this but this is what it shoulda been.. like imagine :flutter:E5i3-OHUcAEsgw4.jpg

Wow her hair like that looks great on the cover.

Unrelated, but Wild One reminds me of Thunder thematically, so I’m wondering if it or something similar to it will also make the cut. 

tenor.gif

—Churning Nectarine Ice Cream for the local police department and doing random handstands while My Song 57 by Lana Del Rey plays.— Lots of love.

nahhhhh the iconic highlighter jacket is iconic, also it creeped me out a little bc i had one too before i saw the cover but it felt like the universe was telling me, yeah ur definitely gay. will always be a memorable era. 

met a cat w his name initialled bb on the day of, swear 

but. first day w the cover this is great. it feels like the first day of waking up in summer camp

UV/Honeymoon