Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

The cover is GORGEOUS. Effortlessly beautiful. Her best since Ultraviolence. Do we know who shot it?

And the upcoming single sounds GORGEOUS as well. I kinda wish she started with that and didn't realise the past 3 singles so we have more tracks to look forward to. I also think this new track sounds like the best song out of the 4. Do we know who produced it?

She better fucking release it soon! I'll give her one month.

2 minutes ago, barttttender said:

The cover is GORGEOUS. Effortlessly beautiful. Her best since Ultraviolence. Do we know who shot it?

And the upcoming single sounds GORGEOUS as well. I kinda wish she started with that and didn't realise the past 3 singles so we have more tracks to look forward to. I also think this new track sounds like the best song out of the 4. Do we know who produced it?

She better fucking release it soon! I'll give her one month.

Neil Krug shot the cover and according to BoZ, Drew Erickson produced the song (who has been a producer for Weyes Blood in the past)!

Me cackling at how starved we all were

i’m glad to have proper proof that the album is called BlueBanisters so people don’t have to be so confused

The cover is beautifullll kinda reminds me of that old photo of her sitting in front of the Christmas tree by Chuck

also that snippet, gee whiz, I am NOT READY

i’m so excited to her the track titles and I’m hyped to see what happens

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

I just woke up and saw and now I’m crying lol WHAT IS SHE DOING TO ME!!! What a gorgeous cover featuring Tex and Mex, and the lyrics of that song had me bawling. Such a sweet music video too!! She looks absolutely beautiful 

2 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Neil Krug shot the cover and according to BoZ, Drew Erickson produced the song (who has been a producer for Weyes Blood in the past)!

WEYES BLOOD PRODUCER??? GUYS LOOK UP HIS CREDITS ON TITANIC RISING WE WON :crying2: 

(and check out Titanic Rising by Weyes Blood if u haven't, amazing record :wub:)

WEYES BLOOD PRODUCER??? GUYS LOOK UP HIS CREDITS ON TITANIC RISING WE WON :crying2: 

(and check out Titanic Rising by Weyes Blood if u haven't it's a really amazing record :wub:)

5 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Thank you! God bless Neil Krug. No idea who Drew Erickson is, but I love that she's working with different producers on this one. It's safe to say it'll be  an album packed with paino ballads and her slowest one yet - even slower than Chemtrails. 

Do we know the name of the new single??? Map of La?

Just now, COCC said:

I need the art gays to explain to me why her dress is yellow. What‘s the hidden meaning? :oprah3:

yellow is the color of optimism and enlightenment - and since the banisters are unpainted on the cover it'd mean she's starting fresh :wub:

1 minute ago, COCC said:

I need the art gays to explain to me why her dress is yellow. What‘s the hidden meaning? :oprah3:

Idk but this colour suits her so much!

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Chiunzhan said:

I'm glad she at least acknowledged the album, hopefully it comes this year :) 

Nah. She only has these 4 songs, maybe one more. The album will come out in one year at the earliest. 

Mind you - when everyone said the album will come out July 4th, I said notta chance in helll, and I was right.

7 minutes ago, COCC said:

While I am not an “art gay,” I think I can explain LOL! 

Yellow appears to be a motif for this record’s visuals. Her dress on the cover is yellow, her top and cardigan in the music video snippet are yellow, and her nails are yellow in both. The shade of yellow she chose for each is a pastel shade, which symbolizes being soft and delicate. However, and excessive amount of yellow is thought to breed aggression, anger, frustration, a sense of pent-up-ness.

I think these two moods - one very light and the other potentially dark - reflects exactly how she has described the last year or so to have been for her. QFTC serves as a preamble for this record, in a way - it discussed the theme of fragility and conveyed a sense of frustration in regards to that theme, so I think that’s what the yellow links to in terms of Lana’s life experiences and potentially the narrative of the album.