Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

8 hours ago, alittleparty said:

I've wondered about this too. Boz is almost certainly some form of executive assistant/jr. a&r type, either at Interscope, CAA, or TAP. His info is not something that someone on the tech or recording studio level would see - ie his post in the last few days that he heard a call had been put out for director proposals for a new BB music video at some point. That's label, management, or agent level. 

Interscope and CAA are relatively massive - so lots of possibilities to have access to whatever's going on in the next cubicle so to speak. But, the tracklist of a major star's new album is basically trade secrets. Everyone who works in those environments would face major legal trouble if they were caught. With as frequently as Boz spills, this strikes me as way too risky. You definitely don't want CAA's legal department on you for leaking. 

Something like an evolving tracklist sounds more like management company stuff. That's something that would be discussed by people involved in the creative direction of the album and her managers. They would be hearing about the whims of the artist on a daily basis, in a way that the label or agency would not (CAA agency is just negotiating the deals). Perhaps tracklists are sent out for physical production and he is intercepting it there, but he seems clued in way before anything goes to the printing press. It's possible he is involved in filing copyright stuff or interacting with streaming platforms, but the info he has throughout the process again makes me think he gets it way before anything is legally registered.

So that really narrows it down to the management team and people directly adjacent to them.

Ben's company is tiny - google says 16 employees. So if Boz works there, 100% they know he is leaking info. ATRL is hardly low pro, the info is just too specific, and there aren't that many people in the loop. In that case I'd say yeah they are def telling him what it's ok to say. He'd be fired and sued if they weren't cool with it.

I don't get "sophisticated covert ops" vibes from these people, so an intentional misdirection seems unlikely, but not impossible. Has there ever been a good example of a "misdirect" leak in the past?

Sorry for the essay, but the people need to get to the bottom of this!! 

? This has been on my mind for a couple of weeks now!!!

honestly i believe in lanas vision of art and cant wait to hear thunder after a while, this track is what california is to norman fucking rockwell - art in its true form and emotional masterpiece :lanahairflip2:

lana-del-rey-arcadia.gif

Maybe if you're so out of ideas to include 7 years old filler track on your new album, you should take a break. I'm happy she didn't release that album in July but still worried about it. Arcadia sounds good but more unreleased songs? 

21 minutes ago, Rocket0212 said:

Arcadia sounds good but more unreleased songs? 

Hell yes! Get ready for Thunder, Cherry Blossom and Hollywood :gurl:

I’ve always thought insiders are either directly paid by labels, or have some very close connections. It’d make sense to have insiders ‘leak’ info to not only test fan reactions but to also start building up hype! If they go to a (relatively) known music forum to spill information it doesn’t take long to get to Twitter/TT/whatever! 

"Don’t forget me"

6 hours ago, COCC said:

Album rollout starts today xx

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e474o7nyl22zvp4k260n6

Promise me you'll never stop posting panda gifs. I live for them

3e1b75372d34616f426ec601b13c85ee.gif

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

8 minutes ago, Pico Boulevard said:

Promise me you'll never stop posting panda gifs. I live for them

3e1b75372d34616f426ec601b13c85ee.gif

I‘ll promise! But sometimes I‘m not sure if they‘re real animals or just drunk people in panda costumes :trisha:

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bu6yggy4fiiogjbjemg

i really don’t get how lana using 5 unreleased tracks on a (allegedly) 12-15 track album is her being ‘uninspired’. especially when it’s her 2nd album in a year. it’s not like we’ve waited 2-3 years for her to just give us a compilation album of random demos that have no relevance to her, her life or story she wants to tell

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

1 minute ago, Style said:

it’s not like we’ve waited 2-3 years for her to just give us a compilation album of random demos

Or a makeup line, how other singers do :yawn:

Just now, COCC said:

Or a makeup line, how other singers do :yawn:

i just don’t understand the uninspired argument. lana has no pressure to release another album from her fans, or literally even her management. it’s not like fans are demanding another record from her so quickly, she WANTS to use these songs, and she is putting the unreleased ones on there because she wants their story to be heard and told by her in current time. i’m sick of the constant dragging of her on this thread because people think she’s being lazy or uninspired. this is LANA like… she very clearly wants these songs to be put out there officially because she is proud of them jesus :smokes3:

her using unreleased songs can be annoying i get that especially when there’s a large amount, but calling her lazy or uninspired is such a stupid argument and reason to be annoyed

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

2 minutes ago, Style said:

her using unreleased songs can be annoying i get that especially when there’s a large amount, but calling her lazy or uninspired is such a stupid argument and reason to be annoyed

I keep hearing the uninspired (and lazy) argument since NFR (or even LFL?). It‘s better to just ignore it or suddenly you‘re the one not accepting different opinions :xgiggle:

50 minutes ago, COCC said:

I keep hearing the uninspired (and lazy) argument since NFR (or even LFL?). It‘s better to just ignore it or suddenly you‘re the one not accepting different opinions :xgiggle:

Same lol. I honestly just find myself wondering why some people still stan lol. Like maybe it’s time to turn in the card and just move on lol. But to each their own. We all have our views and opinions but if you don’t like an artists evolution or recent output then why stick around lol.  

Semi off topic, but what songs from each album (including Blue Banisters singles + Arcadia and non album tracks) do you thing came from another album sessions/scrapped projects and we don't know about? 

My guesses are: American (Born to Die), Heroin (AKA/Lizzy Grant as a concept demo, diferent lyrics), Text Book (Born to Die/Paradise, reworked lyrics), Arcadia (Paradise/Honeymoon) and Money Power Glory (Born to Die).

46 minutes ago, YourGirl666 said:

Heroin (AKA/Lizzy Grant as a concept demo, diferent lyrics), 

Heroin was written about her ex-boyfriend's death, and he died in December 2011. So this wouldn't really make sense unless it was totally re-written. 

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

5 minutes ago, Bones Are Blue said:

Heroin was written about her ex-boyfriend's death in December 2011. So this wouldn't really make sense unless it was totally re-written. 

Yes, I think it could have been an old laptop concept demo with completely different lyrics and that she reworked into Heroin back in 2011 or 2012 (or even for Ultraviolence) and then scrapped and released it later later on the Lust for Life album.