Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

29 minutes ago, COCC said:

I keep hearing the uninspired (and lazy) argument since NFR (or even LFL?). It‘s better to just ignore it or suddenly you‘re the one not accepting different opinions :xgiggle:

20 minutes ago, DLT said:

Same lol. I honestly just find myself wondering why some people still stan lol. Like maybe it’s time to turn in the card and just move on lol. But to each their own. We all have our views and opinions but if you don’t like an artists evolution or recent output then why stick around lol.  

I could kiss you both :kiss2: I’ve been saying this for years now lol. Totally agree that we don’t have to worship the ground beneath her feet with each project she puts out, but Geez, when someone hates everything she did since HM, it’s time to return your Stan card indeed, especially if that person comes back here and floods this thread with negativity. 
I don’t think she is uninspired at all: since Norman, she finally entered the stage of her career that she wanted, to be a singer-songwriter, which is the closest to her early career (before BTD) that she’s ever been. 
As for BB, I can’t wait to hear this project in full. It shifted so much over the last months and the release of the three singles is the first Lana project that I’m not obsessed about upon release. Love the lyricism, love how « minimally diversed» the three are, but it’s the same vibe as Hope, one that I need to be in the mood to enjoy, rather than play it in my everyday life. 

7 hours ago, Venice Peach said:

When one of Madonna's old albums leaked every track was just her saying "what the fuck do you think you're doing" or something similar. I don't know if it counts as misdirect but they were aware :thumb2:

BOZ has to do it (leaking info) in a way that he knows he won't face legal consequences cause he's pretty known in music forums and his face is out there so it's not like he's some kind of mysterious anonymous insider. I don't know at what stage he gets stuff but he knows a lot (from actual songs to tracklists and every change in an album process. He even knows when directors are contacted for a MV)

Oh yes that's an amazing example! It sounds so mean spirited now - playing on your emotions only to punish you for taking the bait. Kinda on brand for M lol.

I feel like a misdirect in these times would have the goal of getting fans excited and building hype, planting clues, in the spirit of fun mischief (and to eventually make that sale). So in a hypothetical if Boz were to say "hey I heard Yes To Heaven is the opening track maybe" and it spawns a 3-week meltdown across the fandom, then mission accomplished. Then he can come back and say, "hey guys she cut it maybe" and then another 3 week meltdown. Costs them nothing and we're left frothing to buy 6 vinyls.

So, is Boz some kind of baddie p.r. genius? (or, employed by one? :creepna3:)

26 minutes ago, be sweet said:

thinking of how much of a classic "Thunder" is - her future alt sleeper hit :wub:

It really sounds like a modern classic :crying4:.

I hope they are smart and send it to radio cause they could get her a hit in the alternative/rock stations (not that she really needs one but it was nice hearing Doin Time a lot on the radio and I want that feeling back)

giphy.gif

if thunder is on blue banisters i am rushing to my alternative not like other guys cousin who thinks lana’s music is boring and shoving it in his face that she did this song and california with the last shadow puppets (his fave band) until he buys all 42 vinyl variants :dmd:

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

My concern is based on the idea that she already scrapped the first version of this album, presumably 'Blue Banisters,' and at one time perhaps called 'Rock Candy Sweet.' 

Now that she's working on what seems like the second version, and including perhaps as many as 5 older songs (or more, for all we really know), some or all of which may have been leaked, my feeling is that she may regret doing this later, as it may seem like a bad idea or a compromise, or that she may actually scrap this second version again at the last minute. 

At this point in her career, a new album which may be fairly loaded with leaked tracks doesn't seem like the way to move forward. 

I also don't agree with the argument that she began being who she really is as an artist and writer on NFR!, especially after her own description of 'Honeymoon' (the album) and some of the great songs on 'Lust For Life,' like 'Heroin' and '13 Beaches.' 

1 hour ago, YourGirl666 said:

Semi off topic, but what songs from each album (including Blue Banisters singles + Arcadia and non album tracks) do you thing came from another album sessions/scrapped projects and we don't know about? 

My guesses are: American (Born to Die), Heroin (AKA/Lizzy Grant as a concept demo, diferent lyrics), Text Book (Born to Die/Paradise, reworked lyrics), Arcadia (Paradise/Honeymoon) and Money Power Glory (Born to Die).

Interesting. Money Power Glory's title screamed Nathional Anthen 2.0 when we first saw it, it definitely fits in the BTD era, so why not. It has the angry ironic vibe of Ultaviolence tough. I agree about America as well. Paradise is an extension to BTD, some songs could definitely be previous leftovers from BTD. 

I don't think the 3 first singles from BB were written long before release. I see the idea of her writing it before but feeling it was too personal to release at the time and that makes sense. But I think she needed the maturity she has today to write such songs. Don't think she could have written something close to Text Book during the BTW era. But who knows, maybe a very different concept existed with more evasive lyrics.

I can see Arcadia being from a previous era tough. Maybe Normand F Rockwell or COOC. It kind of remind me of stuff she's written in Violets so I believe she would have written it around that time. 

3 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

My concern is based on the idea that she already scrapped the first version of this album, presumably 'Blue Banisters,' and at one time perhaps called 'Rock Candy Sweet.' 

Now that she's working on what seems like the second version, and including perhaps as many as 5 older songs (or more, for all we really know), some or all of which may have been leaked, my feeling is that she may regret doing this later, as it may seem like a bad idea or a compromise, or that she may actually scrap this second version again at the last minute. 

At this point in her career, a new album which may be fairly loaded with leaked tracks doesn't seem like the way to move forward. 

I also don't agree with the argument that she began being who she really is as an artist and writer on NFR!, especially after her own description of 'Honeymoon' (the album) and some of the great songs on 'Lust For Life,' like 'Heroin' and '13 Beaches.' 

My guess for this album is that it’s always been « let’s revisit the past », and going back to a lot of older material, something between new compositions, unleaked songs, unfinished demos and leaked songs. Maybe this is why she thought she would be done by June 1: she didn’t have a lot of new compositions. But it’s her and she’s changed her idea (not that I am complaining at all: I’m glad we’re getting more unheard songs; if she wants to go down the unreleased collection with leaked songs, don’t go half ass like RCS seemed to be at first). 
As for the singer songwriter vibes she entered with Norman, she’s always been a great lyricist and songwriter, but the production was bigger, and the whole «folky- singer-songwriter »vibe is usually more minimalist, like she began exploring on Norman, and in the US, is often associated with the Laurel Canyon movement of the 60s, which she channeled a lot with both Norman and Chemtrails. I don’t know if it always was the « goal » to her career or if it’s something she found herself down that path unintentionally, but her latest songs often are closer to that early career vibes of singing in bars, IMO. She’s always been very personal with her songs, no matter what the aesthetics, and there are songs in her latest records that could have been on BB (Change, hope, God Knows I Tried, love song, Heroin) because they fit that vibe. 

We've reached the dark ages...might as well have fun with it, though :beyonce:

imageproxy.jpg

just read lana's tarot cards (because i'm a psychic DUHH) and they've told me that the rap version of playground will be on BB. and she re-worked it to be 7 minutes long. that's a fact. 

88-E19-CAF-F989-46-D2-A860-6-E1199-A717-

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

I literally went to a 3+ week vacation abroad and I was so sure Lana was going to release or announce something during that time but here I am finally at home and still no news from her :bebe:

At least I'll be able to listen to Arcadia as soon as it's released now :hype:

giphy.gif

yay another album tracklist announcement weekend countdown reset

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

4 hours ago, Style said:

her using unreleased songs can be annoying i get that especially when there’s a large amount, but calling her lazy or uninspired is such a stupid argument and reason to be annoyed

!!! she has released an album or EP almost every other year, literally 7 works (8 if BB gets released in 2021, which is probably) + an audiobook w/in 9 years. imagine how fiona apple stans or something feel when they see this type of discourse :toofunny:

sgopYhV.gif