Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I argue that these songs have some of her best works of lyricism to date. They're poetic without being rigid, they're relatable without being basic and most importantly they have that classic feeling of ambience and nostalgia

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

what i'm curious about is how these songs have given us a taste of the album... like how will the rest of the album flow? where do these tracks fit? why did she pick these three to release right now? ugh so many questions

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

OKAY ALL LISTEN FOR JUST A SEC -

We have way too many people online at the moment, way over our usual capacity, so we need a bit of dispersion.

Too many people in one area of the site all at once is going to cause slow loading times for threads or further crashes of the site altogether.

This is exactly what happened in January.

To combat this, the advice I received is to disperse traffic to different parts of the site.

So, please keep all discussion of a song's lyrics in its unique lyric thread: Blue Banisters, Text Book, Wildflower Wildfire

Please keep all discussion of the three new songs in the Triple Single Release thread.

Please keep all discussion about the future of the album in the album Pre-Release thread.

At least for the next few hours while traffic is high.

& try to look on the bright side of things - this thread will eventually be locked forever and forgotten about, while Lyric & New Release threads stay alive for eternity!

Thanks all, carry on x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

the way nobody knows what to talk about here anymore is sending me

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Just now, thelastgirlonearth said:

some of the new songs are on shazam, has anyone tried switching up the url numbers yet?

The songs were released a few hours ago :hype:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

4 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

do we think the album cover is going to be hideous or is she going to serve real hard and give us the element of surprise?

I've lost faith in her album artwork so I'm not expecting anything grand. I feel like the album cover will feature a bird though? I don't know why

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

the pre-order will probably come early june .. that's if the album the album is still coming in july

but i think it could come very soon since it seems like wildflower was finished just a few days ago lmao

i love you, but you don't understand me.

1 minute ago, Bunny Mozart said:

I've lost faith in her album artwork so I'm not expecting anything grand. I feel like the album cover will feature a bird though? I don't know why

fpMC0Yi.jpeg

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Where do you guys think the three songs are in the tracklist? 

She usually releases the songs that are at the front of the album as singles, so I think:

- the title track is track 1

- Wildflower Wildfire is track 2 - just because her track 2s tend to stay within the same vein as the opener, sonically, and both BB and WW begin with piano 

- Text Book is track 3 - it has the most different production compared to the 2 songs and I could see it being the start of a different sound developing throughout the record. Plus, her track 3s are always standouts in terms of lyrics and production and this song is no exception (although all 3 tracks from today are standouts for those reasons!)

I had hoped it’d come with a preorder or something but I think this is for the best 

these are highly personal songs so I’m sure she doesn’t want to act all happy about them

"Don’t forget me"

I like the moving effect she put over the edited selfies for some reason :slayty:

do we think they are the album cover as well ? 

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆