Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

No hate to Mike Dean because I thought he did a good job...

but Wildflower Wildfire would have been so extra next level if it were produced by Rick Nowels.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The biggest troll of all time, I love to see it :ma:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, NewportBitch said:

It’s a reddit fan edit 

I'm telling you guys the album cover is the Blue Banisters "single cover" it's time to accept it

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Idk all of Lana’s albums have some form of art direction. I liked COCC’s fonts :rip:

I’m sure Blue Banisters will have something good :rip: but it depends on how Interscope is feeling. What if they forget to check up on Lana 

I swear Lana’s DIY frugality is partially a move to be free from label influence as much as possible. 

The singles reopened a lot of pain and hurt and it culminated in an awful nightmare about my ex :kum: 

I‘m officially scared for my soul with this album.

My contribution to the cover discussion, could be as small as a meme:

Spoiler

03g7a1xrxb071.jpg
both from reddit lol

2l9ma4ahfl071.jpg?auto=webp&s=23e6bd5dafce1790d1e181c3b389978d02b0f99f

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

11 hours ago, Vertimus said:

And it looks as if she’s got large grey sores here and there. How did those pass muster? 

That had me thinking all kinds of stuff like 'Blue Banisters' was in relation to being beaten. Ribs being banisters and when they fade to green and grey like bruises do. Prob just been spending too much time looking into every little thing since these 3 were released, but after people commented on how the original pic made her look bruised and blue, this could just be her taking the piss out of us all for being so obsessive about every detail. 

Now if she really wants to use a selfie as the album cover, can she use this one? She looks gorgeous (this is my first time ever trying to upload an image so I don’t know if I’ve done it correctly, I hope so)

https://imgur.com/tqFiVyo

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Chemtrails and BB feel so fuzzy, they don't feel solid when it comes to well-crafted or planned eras.
I feel like these two will be Lana's floppest albums, starting with the fact that everyone seems to hate her now... No support except from us; not even the swifties help with that, and Taylor is an honorable Lana stan.

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

22 minutes ago, Red Dress said:

That had me thinking all kinds of stuff like 'Blue Banisters' was in relation to being beaten. Ribs being banisters and when they fade to green and grey like bruises do.

I like this interpretation but I dont think that it makes sense, because one second before she sings about how he takes away the pain. Coming back every may would be quite a threat then :dua:

13 minutes ago, FallingCherry said:

Now if she really wants to use a selfie as the album cover, can she use this one? She looks gorgeous (this is my first time ever trying to upload an image so I don’t know if I’ve done it correctly, I hope so)

https://imgur.com/tqFiVyo

I agree but I think she already used this for Chemtrails promo! inb4 she takes recycling to a new level

also there should be an “insert image from URL” button! Click that and copy + paste your Imgur link! If you’ve done it correctly, the link will have a “.jpeg” at the end! :) 

7a489a16ce1d35d7a8253fa33e350a39.gif

7 hours ago, Diamantes WILD said:

I get BTD vibes from TB, the drama almost western saloon atmosphere done well, w a slightly more upbeat n romantic chorus. 

Literally just thinking THIS. I'm listening to BTD right now and reminiscing about those mega impactful opening lyrics:

"Feet don't fail me now, take me to the finish line"

"Blue jeans, white shirt, walked into the room you know you made my eyes burn"

Those openers were SO fucking iconic and THAT is the sort of thing that I've felt was missing from her more recent projects. The dramatic tension. And I sort of felt it again in the beginning of 'Text Book', both the vocal and the lyric delivery; but that's why I think the song is a sort of dig at all of us who want her to continue to deliver textbook Lana songs. She's proving she can still have that impact, even if it is sonically different. NGL that's EXACTLY what I want from her.

9 minutes ago, Turtledove said:

whats wrong with her wanting to portray any of those things for a change? The reason you don't think she is being genuine is you don't think her friendships are that important to her :| if you were singing about your friends wouldn't you want people to take you seriously? Shouldnt we take her at face value? This thought process is something Ive noticed in myself, not meaning to call u out x

Yeah but dropping 10 random names per song is just weak songwriting and loses its charm really quickly

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

2 hours ago, May said:

https://atrl.net/forums/topic/355344-blue-banisters-album-cover/

pls tell me this is some weirdo fake insider on Twitter making stuff up again

If it was the case, I’d be here for it. Ever since the RCS announcement and « cover » I thought it was a better cover than Chemtrails honestly. It’s the filters she used for the singles’ covers that are ugly. I’m still hoping for a professional shot for the real cover but if it’s not the case, I won’t mind that much. 

I remake the "album cover" with this selfie since Lana seems to love it so much.tZ3zA1F.jpg

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

The more I listen to the three new songs, the more I love them! They just get better with each listen... The way Lana sings « now my banisters are green and gray » in BB, or the « burn, burn burn » at the end of WW... How fragile and emotional she sounds in TB and the finesse of the production... Pure excellence :crai:

I just wish the mixing was done better... I hope the tracks will be mixed again for the album, I hate how it sometimes feels like an element in the mix is too loud and it saturates... At first I even thought my earphones were broken :/ These three gems are way too excellent to be mixed so poorly

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

1 hour ago, Thunder Corpse said:

Yeah but dropping 10 random names per song is just weak songwriting and loses its charm really quickly

Exactly I just don't think we need that many names

You could play drinking game and drink every time she mentions a friend or family member and get smashed off three songs

We get it, she's friends with Jen and her sister's name is Chunk and she knows Joan and Courtney and Jack. And it's okay to sing about them, but they don't need to be name dropped all the time.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream