Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

1 hour ago, Redhydrangeas99 said:

So… boz confirmed the cover is still undecided 

:pls:

R u telling me BoZ has confirmed that daddy Neil just took way too many good photos, she can't choose!! MULTITUDES!! WE KEEP WINNING!!

giphy.gif giphy.gif     

giphy.gif

mUENGN9.png

3 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

R u telling me BoZ has confirmed that daddy Neil just took way too many good photos, she can't choose!! MULTITUDES!! WE KEEP WINNING!!

giphy.gif giphy.gif     

giphy.gif

Incoming: 10 album variations :brows:

3 minutes ago, ultralife said:

sorry for sounding stupid but who is BOZ

BlackoutZone, an insider at ATLR forums :)

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

7 minutes ago, ultralife said:

sorry for sounding stupid but who is BOZ

BlackoutZobe; The insider spilling tea on this era. We know about Thunder and that she scrapped most of the tracklist from him

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

her posting this gorgeous cover that everyone praises and then randomly changing it to something everyone hates is classic lana and will most definitely happen :hooker:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

2 hours ago, saith said:

I think the cover is very fitting and I'm happy she fed us with a snippet and cover and didn't give us another random date or stay silent like she used to do. That's a big improvement.

New single coming so I'm pretty sure we'll never get a full Blue Banisters video, it might not exist at all. :oopna2:

It kind of gives credit to my theory that it was unused footages from a canceled Let Me Love You Like A Woman video that was turned into the Jimmy Fallon performance:agree:

Anybody feels like editing a full music video for LLYLAW with that in mind ? 

Reading this post with the random bolding low key reminded me of grade school when they’d highlight an important word in our textbooks.

1-FFDA1-B7-4-ABD-483-D-AF4-A-3-D16-E9004

I guess we can call this post text book after all :ma:

I don’t think the cover has changed, I think Ed Ben Neil posting the photo is confirmation enough that it’s official. Of course Lana can always change her mind, but it took her a while to post an update about the album in the first place, I don’t see why she would change it in a matter of 48 hours. 

I'm not worried about anything else than Lana ruining Thunder like she did to one of her best unreleased songs, The Next Best American Record. TNBAR could've been top 10 in her discography and she changed the whole concept to a fucking party flop song. It was minimised to a filler, I just can't stand the trauma of the same treatment with Thunder :facepalm:

2 hours ago, whitelungswhitepalms said:

I can’t stop listening to the snippet, and boz said she’s serving vocals and the little snippet has me WRECKED

HOWWWWWW does she come up with these lines, and the video is so beautiful and sensual wowowoowow

How she comes up with the melodies is what gets me--I have a few talents but songwriting is not one of them. She's so prolific, it's amazing. She's progressing to the point of other great songwriters and artists from the past with huge catalogs, from Sam Cooke, the Stones, Joni Mitchell, Leonard Cohen, Bowie, Bruce Springsteen, Led Zeppelin and Bob Dylan to Prince, R.E.M. and Tori Amos. 

And some artists are famous for one or two good or great songs only. Meanwhile, LDR is producing everything from 'Summertime Sadness,' 'Video Games' and 'Ride' to 'Black Beauty,' 'Old Money,' 'Terrence Loves You,' '13 Beaches,' 'Heroin,' 'Venice Bitch,' 'The Greatest,' 'Yosemite' and 'Windflower Wildfire' in less than 10 years, and of course, another 20 or more great songs, not counting unreleased material like 'Angels Forever.'  

Springsteen is right to call her a great songwriter. And that's high praise from an Establishment figure and Rock legend. 

5 minutes ago, Santa Monica Sinner said:

I'm not worried about anything else than Lana ruining Thunder like she did to one of her best unreleased songs, The Next Best American Record. TNBAR could've been top 10 in her discography and she changed the whole concept to a fucking party flop song. It was minimised to a filler, I just can't stand the trauma of the same treatment with Thunder :facepalm:

We'll always have the original or older version of 'Thunder.' I assume she feels she has to rerecord it for BB. 

I agree she ruined TNBAR. I deleted it and include the original on my NFR!. 

18 minutes ago, Santa Monica Sinner said:

unpopular opinion:

she improved TNBAR over the angry lyrics on the original as she looks back on the relationship it truly is the Yin to Yosemite's Yang :wub:

( take some time and compare the lyrics you'll appreciate the way she conveyed the narcissism on NFR's version c: ) 

4 minutes ago, Icecream Icequeen said:

I don’t know who BoZ is and even though he seems to be reliable, I won’t take everything he says as fact. There’s no way he gets every new update like a text message every other day :oprah3:

Exactly, I’ll stick to official Instagram posts by Lana and her management. Although Lana sometimes does change her mind, they’re likely more accurate than an insider would be. 

5 minutes ago, not all who wander r lost said:

unpopular opinion:

she improved TNBAR over the angry lyrics on the original as she looks back on the relationship it truly is the Yin to Yosemite's Yang :wub:

( take some time and compare the lyrics you'll appreciate the way she conveyed the narcissism on NFR's version c: ) 

not the thread for this but

THIS

-

on topic: we are traumatized but I don't think she'll change the cover

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg