Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

11 hours ago, Red Dress said:

Literally just thinking THIS. I'm listening to BTD right now and reminiscing about those mega impactful opening lyrics:

"Feet don't fail me now, take me to the finish line"

"Blue jeans, white shirt, walked into the room you know you made my eyes burn"

Those openers were SO fucking iconic and THAT is the sort of thing that I've felt was missing from her more recent projects. The dramatic tension. And I sort of felt it again in the beginning of 'Text Book', both the vocal and the lyric delivery; but that's why I think the song is a sort of dig at all of us who want her to continue to deliver textbook Lana songs. She's proving she can still have that impact, even if it is sonically different. NGL that's EXACTLY what I want from her.

You forgot too quick about 

"Goddamn man-child, you fuck3d me so good that I almost said I love you. 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

I hope the album has a production somewhat similar to AKA. It may be her best album sonically, because there is so much detail in the production and the sonic pallette is just divine. AKA may be her best album, sonically. 

...but I've still got jazz, when I've got those blues.

At the end of WW when she’s singing “Like the others, baby, like the others, baby, like the others, baby burns, burns, burns” I want to start singing the “can I get a fuckin hallelujah” part of the Cherry bridge :brows::wink:

youtube official audio views :typewriter:

wildfire wildflower     559,797

blue banisters            523,445

text book                     425,178

i honestly think ww has such low streaming numbers on spotify because of the UI and organization of it all, for me tb and bb are really easily accessible (literally) but i have to search for ww. youtube numbers are much less surprising

sUcVobB.png

1 hour ago, SweetHenny said:

Remember how organized, quick-to-the-point and enjoyable Honeymoon era was... WOW :oprah2: These last "eras" are like never-ending tortures of pure chaotic mess and this last one has barely started

I came around lfl and even that wasn’t this chaotic and I remember thinking how messy that release was back then…I was yet to see what was about to come…

7 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

youtube official audio views :typewriter:

wildfire wildflower     559,797

blue banisters            523,445

text book                     425,178

i honestly think ww has such low streaming numbers on spotify because of the UI and organization of it all, for me tb and bb are really easily accessible (literally) but i have to search for ww. youtube numbers are much less surprising

the songs will never do well streaming wise. look at chemtrails - super smalll numbers. the slower her music is, the less interested people are. with the exception of NFR which was just-blowing even at nearly glacial pace.

she's gonna fade into obscurity if she doesn't start working on more singles that are not, well, miserable. 

maybe lana'll have a megan fox moment in the future bc unless u have a keen ear for what she's doin, it'll completely go over ur head. w even how LFL was trashed on here, there's been a trend of it being not so bad after all. 

also just WW is godly. there's absolutely nothing wrong w anticipation, in fact it can be sooooo great. this ain't no fast food drive thru, this is a (french) restaurant (which we need more music like) eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

UV/Honeymoon

7 minutes ago, barttttender said:

the songs will never do well streaming wise. look at chemtrails - super smalll numbers. the slower her music is, the less interested people are. with the exception of NFR which was just-blowing even at nearly glacial pace.

she's gonna fade into obscurity if she doesn't start working on more singles that are not, well, miserable. 

the thing is, i don't think lana deeply cares about having super high streaming numbers and super commercially successful songs. people always try to argue that her label cares and yes, they do, but she'll always pull numbers from a tight fanbase and has been consistently successful. and has also had quite a long career.

the fading into obscurity thing is a whole different deal - but i don't think she really will. coming from someone extremely biased... :hottie: she's had such an impact on music (BTD and UV are staples, NFR is loved by many, etc etc) that i don't really ever see her fading away. it's not like she's currently releasing bad music – it's just less palatable to the general public. same thing happened with honeymoon and she came back and delivered arguably her most commercial album. i don't see the longevity of her career or her success being ruined because she's not releasing commercially successful songs (as singles) anymore/right now

sUcVobB.png

tbh i think we’ll have the same album rollout as cocc. lmlylaw and the triple singles are pretty much the same in terms of how they were released. both had shitty covers that were taken from a picture or video she’s done and they also didn’t have big numbers. now this means we can expect a high budget video soon and a shocking album teaser :hottie:

guys. i did some investigation on BOZ last.fm page and he streamed 3 untitled and untagged albums. two of them have acronyms as titles of the songs and one has numbers (1 to 14). They're signed as Artist 2, 4 and 5. Since and apparently he has the album, let me show u the acronyms.

Artist 2:

LG

P

SLAH

UBTMH

U

A

SG

BOTG

X

HFAGT

LMDS

SR

BOTG2

LC

WUB

IAW

ARTIST 4: numbers to 14

ARTIS 5:

GWHSI

POMM

H

DAD

IK

FMM

LAW

G

DAP

A

IYFIL

as we can see, none of the acronyms is BB, TB or WW, so my guess is, if boz really has the album, it can be the untitled tracks one. Or he did know the tracks were dropping and he didn't play it as a whole for us to not understand. what do u think?

0YnL0Kf.gif

4 minutes ago, gsnlp said:

guys. i did some investigation on BOZ last.fm page and he streamed 3 untitled and untagged albums. two of them have acronyms as titles of the songs and one has numbers (1 to 14). They're signed as Artist 2, 4 and 5. Since and apparently he has the album, let me show u the acronyms.

Artist 2:

LG

P

SLAH

UBTMH

U

A

SG

BOTG

X

HFAGT

LMDS

SR

BOTG2

LC

WUB

IAW

ARTIS 5:

GWHSI

POMM

H

DAD

IK

FMM

LAW

G

DAP

A

IYFIL

as we can see, none of the acronyms is BB, TB or WW, so my guess is, if boz really has the album, it can be the untitled tracks one. Or he did know the tracks were dropping and he didn't play it as a whole for us to not understand. what do u think?

boz never scrobbled Chemtrails with acronyms so i doubt he would do it for blue banisters. it would be way too obvious

Just now, cinnamongirI said:

boz never scrobbled Chemtrails with acronyms so i doubt he would do it for blue banisters. it would be way too obvious

but last.fm actually does take the scrobbles from your computer and phone even if you are not connected to wi-fi

0YnL0Kf.gif

6 minutes ago, gsnlp said:

Artist 2:

LG

P

SLAH

UBTMH

U

A

SG

BOTG

X

HFAGT

LMDS

SR

BOTG2

LC

WUB

IAW

ARTIS 5:

GWHSI

POMM

H

DAD

IK

FMM

LAW

G

DAP

A

IYFIL

wait that's so interesting

11 minutes ago, gsnlp said:

Artist 2:

LG

P

SLAH

UBTMH

U

A

SG

BOTG

X

HFAGT

LMDS

SR

BOTG2

LC

WUB

IAW

ARTIS 5:

GWHSI

POMM

H

DAD

IK

FMM

LAW

G

DAP

A

IYFIL

My bet is Artist 4 is Lana but i want 17 tracks:oprah3:

8 minutes ago, gsnlp said:

but last.fm actually does take the scrobbles from your computer and phone even if you are not connected to wi-fi

i don’t think that’s true. boz has last.fm pro which means he can edit his scrobbles so i can see what you’re saying with the acronyms. however, boz hasn’t listened to lana a lot this year so I doubt he would go through all the work of trying to make unreleased albums not recognizable from the general public. and also he can choose to just not scrobble them. 100% sure he has most of the album tracks in his itunes library

7 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

If rumours are true we might get the album cover and the tracklist on June first with the release of dealer as a new single?

Fakeeeeeeeeee

giphy.gif