Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

5 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

"This keeps being repeated, but it's not exactly true. The song sure is more piano oriented at first, but then it grows with new string arrangement and and percussion. While I do miss guitar being the most prominent instrument on the track, the final version feels more complex and finished. It actually clears the issue I have with some of new Lana songs - Thunder has strong build up, the song is growing with new elements throughout, I love that. A highlight of the album."

BOZ talking about Thunder.

THIS IS LITERALLY WHAT I SAID :oprah3:

faSE.gif

5 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

I will miss the guitar being the most prominent instrument on the track

Even though I think the Arcadia type of instrumental/production will fit it too

8 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

"This keeps being repeated, but it's not exactly true. The song sure is more piano oriented at first, but then it grows with new string arrangement and and percussion. While I do miss guitar being the most prominent instrument on the track, the final version feels more complex and finished. It actually clears the issue I have with some of new Lana songs - Thunder has strong build up, the song is growing with new elements throughout, I love that. A highlight of the album."

BOZ talking about Thunder.

okay okay miss thunder is a new career highlight! we are winning

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

I love the OG Thunder but am very excited to hear the reworked version based off of the description provided.  It’ll be nice to hear the new take. I can’t help but feel/want/wonder if the build up also involves the backing vocals. Love those ladies, they add so much to the tracks they’re on. 

Lol, Spin has finally seen the light! :sass:

Boz's description of Thunder is very intriguing. And I suppose @lustforlife was right once again?! He did say that it's more experimental and Boz saying that the song has a slow build-up with more and more instruments added as it progresses sounds very exciting. I trust Zach Dawes! 

Honestly, I wasn't a big fan of BB, WW and Textbook when they were released, but now, when the weather is slightly turning into autumn, I turned back to them and absolutely fell in love! And now Arcadia.:oprah:  I'm so excited about the album and pretty sure, that even if I don't like it in October, I will like it later, just in the right time for me. Oh, and I fell in love with COCC too (I wasn't a fan back then)! But I listen to it only when it's raining. :oprah3:

Thunder with strings??? I can't even imagine it because it just seems so perfect :trisha: So looking forward to hearing the build up in it (to be honest, the version we have right now is just sort of stays at one level the entire song, so it'll be cool to hear that changed)

imageproxy.jpg

If Lana copied my rearrangement for Thunder, can I sue her? :oprah3: 

Instead of asking for money, I'd ask her to release the 25 unreleased-track album :oprah3:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

2 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

Also, I’d love for BoZ to address what’s up with Black Bathing Suit.

I kinda do want him to spill and kinda don't I'm scared to know this isn't the sad hoe bop we're expecting it to be

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

Thunder can be a big alt/rock hit if it's pushed as a single. The melody is infectious and iconic. 

Anyway, I have to say that I am very impressed with Drew Erickson's very rich yet subtle production of Arcadia. I should have expected it because his work on Titanic Rising is gorgeous as well. This makes me even more excited for tracks 5-8. Didn't @lustforlife also tell us that there are choir/orchestra and rock elements in the album? And Chuck saying that Sweet Carolina always makes her cry...I think we're in for a ride. 

I knew that boz liked the new Thunder version because he tweeted lyrics of the song (and Cherry Blossom's as well) a couple of months ago. So I suppose it's the other 3 outtakes that he really doesn't care for. He said that he's not a fan of Dealer and I suppose Nectar of the Gods lacking a build-up - assuming it hasn't been reworked since 2013 at all - might have irked him too. I'm curious about Living Legend though because apparently that one is the other "old" track which underwent significant changes along with Thunder

3 minutes ago, honey is that true said:

Honestly, I wasn't a big fan of BB, WW and Textbook when they were released, but now, when the weather is slightly turning into autumn, I turned back to them and absolutely fell in love! And now Arcadia.:oprah:  I'm so excited about the album and pretty sure, that even if I don't like it in October, I will like it later, just in the right time for me. Oh, and I fell in love with COCC too (I wasn't a fan back then)! But I listen to it only when it's raining. :oprah3:

Same! I always liked WW most of the triple singles, while the title track my least fav. But the other day it just finally clicked for me. Now it's my most played BB single. I finally understand it. It's so beautifully sad and hopeful at the same time.

And oh Arcardia, Arcadia... I wish I did NOT overplay it, in terms of keeping it fresh. Though, I can feel it already being a timeless classic, so it'll probably never feel "old" to me.:trisha:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy