Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Release Thread: OUT October 22nd, 2021

1 minute ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

:omfg2:that’s not super Lana though. 

Spoiler

God forbid.

I don't like her giving the middle finger at the end of the Arcadia videos either, not at all. It seems very immature and misguided, and completely dissolves the "I'll pray for you" sentiments she expresses at the end of the song. If that is her idea of 'revenge' (and we don't know that it is, of course), then it is tepid and flaccid indeed, will do nothing but make her enemies in the media dislike her more in a belittling way. 

5 minutes ago, Vertimus said:
  Hide contents

God forbid.

I don't like her giving the middle finger at the end of the Arcadia videos either, not at all. It seems very immature and misguided, and completely dissolves the "I'll pray for you" sentiments she expresses at the end of the song. If that is her idea of 'revenge' (and we don't know that it is, of course), then it is tepid and flaccid indeed, will do nothing but make her enemies in the media dislike her more in a belittling way. 

Me, an intellectual:

FC7706-A8-A29-D-4-F01-9959-A0363-A419-BA

10 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:
Spoiler

I can't remember what her last humorous song was, but at least "Dealer" will have some of her humor that we missed.

Spoiler

I agree. I've heard in several times and it does clearly have something of a humorous touch, which I applaud. 

45 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

I had a dream the snippets leaked :toofunny: BBS was a piano ballad, IYLDWM featured Barrie vocals and Beautiful was literally beautiful :toofunny:

The rest of the files were corrupted, but people claimed to have Sweet Carolina and said it was a lovely song and one of her best closers, but people would either love it or hate it not in between :oprah3:

girl that wasn’t a dream you just had a glimpse into the future aka what we’ll end up with next week:awkney: :bebe:

2 hours ago, Paris Hilton said:

I honestly don’t understand the whole revenge concept she is trying to portray on Blue Banisters. Is she even doing that or am I missing something?

I think her way of revenge is to show her true singing and poetry talent and present her best possible songs.

2 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

girl that wasn’t a dream you just had a glimpse into the future aka what we’ll end up with next week:awkney: :bebe:

omg, my psychic era? someone's mom is shaking :ma:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

her revenge is obviously being the vulnerable n soft woman she is. shes telling her story the way no one could (ie mommy issues, poor relationship with her dad, poor relationships with men). using lyrics like “im a lost little girl” is what got her criticism in the first place. she’s not afraid anymore. obviously yall are missing the point. 

28 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

She's free, of course, to make whatever decisions she wants to, but I think releasing an album with 4 or so previously-leaked [great] tracks only furthers that impression. Because any dieheard Lana Stan, even people like Bruce Springsteen, Stevie Nicks and Joan Baez, have probably all heard the leaked tracks dozens or hundreds of times. And critics as well. 

uhm i don’t get your point cause one thing that’s sure is none of the people you cited have heard any of these leaks. i doubt any of them even listens to lana like that. the big majority of people aren’t die hard fans but locals/casual stans/people who like/love her but aren’t clinically obsessed with her like we are and none of them know most of her leaks (besides maybe the very well known ones like serial killer) and certainly not songs like cherry blossom or living legend. hell there’s a ton of people here or twitter stans who never listened to the the leaked songs. let alone critics, they barely care about her released work as if they’d bother to look up her 300+ leaked songs :eartha: 

i don’t think any of the non-die hard stans will care if the songs are old and leaked because they’ll seem new to them anyway especially since half of them won’t be the same version we already have. 

29 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

I can't remember what her last humorous song was, but at least "Dealer" seem to have some of her humor that we missed.

NFR and the iconic opening line xD ? 

1 minute ago, fanb said:

NFR and the iconic opening line xD ? 

Also downatthemeninmusicbusinessconference if you ask me. She probably meant that in a sarcastic way. 

uhh... yeah... i highly doubt bruce springsteen, joan baez, stevie nicks, etc. have heard living legend, cherry blossom, & nectar of the gods :deadbanana: when a celebrity praises her or says they're a fan of her music i get the impression that they only know a few songs, or only her officially released work at the most :agree:

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

14 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:

her revenge is obviously being the vulnerable n soft woman she is. shes telling her story the way no one could (ie mommy issues, poor relationship with her dad, poor relationships with men). using lyrics like “im a lost little girl” is what got her criticism in the first place. she’s not afraid anymore. obviously yall are missing the point. 

Sorry but “vulnerable n soft woman” made me giggle 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

2 hours ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Yeah totally it didn’t sound like a Mike Dean produced song at all tbh…I mean wtf did she even hire him the others could have produced Wildflower all the same.

I agree that it doesn’t sound (at least to me) very Dean-esque, and I think it’s possible that he adjusted the production of the song to better fit Blue Banisters. 

My guess is that they began working together at the latter end of BB’s development (after Simon and Erickson), and maybe she had one last “statement” she wanted to make for the record..or maybe WFWF is just an outlier that she felt would better fit LDR7. We’ll see!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

13 hours ago, Vertimus said:

C'mon--they're in the music business; they're legends of the post-50s music business. You think they know less about everything related to it than we do? Just because they're artists in their own right doesn't mean that they don't Stan other artists of all kinds. To come forward with the kind of public praise for Lana that they have, I'd say they follow her pretty closely. 

Dont get us started on Billie

Anyone else not a big fan of Lana bringing her family members into her albums? She got this success on her own, the others do not really deserve just getting royalties through nepotism. Like what is this.. the royal family and we are paying taxes for them? 

also, “I don’t want social media” but then having a secret social media is…. 

anyway

1 minute ago, arcadialovesong2018 said:

Anyone else not a big fan of Lana bringing her family members into her albums? She got this success on her own, the others do not really deserve just getting royalties through nepotism. Like what is this.. the royal family and we are paying taxes for them? 

also, “I don’t want social media” but then having a secret social media is…. 

anyway

if she got her success on her own, then she’s able to sing whoever and talk whatever she’d like in her albums

Honestly? I dont really care. I do think its sweet her fam’s getting support from her. 

for me at least, if I had success I’d want to bring my friends n family to help grow them bc I love n care for them. 

theyre gonna have to work harder to not make me look like a fool tho so there’s that. We dont know everything

UV/Honeymoon